Home

Dak's WIPs

Dak Drexl

Sorry my PC takes such horrid screenshots, it's never helped me when it comes to trying to make my mods look good :p

I guess the best close up shot I have is here since I haven't edited Atton's head yet, just the clothes. Looking at those now the portraits suck though, glad I'm making a v2!

And Candy is right about that tutorial, I don't think it has the same noise filter which is really what starts the whole thing.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

More pics....

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

mand.jpg

New Mira:

Show spoiler

mira.jpg

Show spoiler
nihil.jpg

New Onderon Soldiers color scheme:

Show spoiler
ondsols.jpg

New Sith Troopers (decided my old ones looked too clean)

Show spoiler
sith.jpg

New appearance/useable armor:

Show spoiler
zer.jpg

• 1 month later...
The Onderon/Sith Troopers?

*WOW*

The Tattoo on Mira was also pretty cool.

Thanks, that skin pack has been finished and sent off to kotor files and my armored robes mod is up there and on TUCE (harmless self-promotion? :D)

Started work on another mod that changes Canderous' default clothing to something... cooler that I think most people will like (Darth Payne I know you will like the skin)

candytest.jpg

All I have to do is work on the neck positioning so that the head fits ok and also make the texture stretching look a bit better if possible.

Started work on another mod that changes Canderous' default clothing to something... cooler that I think most people will like (Darth Payne I know you will like the skin)

candytest.jpg

All I have to do is work on the neck positioning so that the head fits ok and also make the texture stretching look a bit better if possible.

Perhaps you could make the neck differently. Instead of being 'flat' like that, you could give him some kind of armoured collar that rises up around his neck. I'm thinking of Bastila's neck collar. That way, if you equip a helmet, his skin coloured neck won't be showing.

More pics....

Show spoiler

mand.jpg

Maybe tone down the green on the side of his helmet.

New Mira:

Show spoiler

mira.jpg

Mira got a tattoo :D

Show spoiler
nihil.jpg

I like the the bottom of his robe. :thumbsup:

New Onderon Soldiers color scheme:

Show spoiler
ondsols.jpg

Those definatly look better than the old ones.

New Sith Troopers (decided my old ones looked too clean)

Show spoiler
sith.jpg

New appearance/useable armor:

Show spoiler
zer.jpg

Sweet!!

Keep up the great work.

Perhaps you could make the neck differently. Instead of being 'flat' like that, you could give him some kind of armoured collar that rises up around his neck. I'm thinking of Bastila's neck collar. That way, if you equip a helmet, his skin coloured neck won't be showing.

Good idea, like this?

candyclothes2.jpg

Good idea, like this?

candyclothes2.jpg

yeah. You'll just have to make sure that the collar doesn't clip with the neck while he's turning his head, or if he's setting up for a fight (flourish animation). I also see that there is some transparent space across the top of the collar. I'd still close that in, just like all the other body models that have neck stumps.

yeah. You'll just have to make sure that the collar doesn't clip with the neck while he's turning his head, or if he's setting up for a fight (flourish animation). I also see that there is some transparent space across the top of the collar. I'd still close that in, just like all the other body models that have neck stumps.

Yeah I'll have to move around some verts still. The problem with the transparency is that the part of the neck model is there but it doesn't show from certain angles. I can try to get it as close as I can though. Thanks RR, your advice is always helpful!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, time for an "update".

Lately I've been having a lot of fun playing with the in-game models, isolating them from their elements and allowing the player to use them where he couldn't before.

Examples so far:

Show spoiler
calo.jpg

assdro.jpg

Both of the above have been shipped to KotOR Files and I'm planning on doing a Republic/Sith pack for TSL which includes the Republic helmets and officer hats and the Sith officer hats.

I want to know if anyone has any cool ideas of parts of models they would like to see. If you have ideas please share! I'd love to do it for you.

"I have a good idea for a helmet, the Mando helmets. It might take some modification to make it look normal with armour but it would be sweet."

I kind of did it... but whatever °° (as well as the sith one)

And Dak your calo hat is cool xD and the gun too, good work =)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, I'll eventually be doing the headwear mod I mentioned before which will include a bunch of items from Seikan also. I've made about half the items, but that's being put on hold...

I'm going to try my hand at my own recruit mod. Scripting is the only thing I've never really tried, so I decided I'm up for the challenge (maybe :p)

It's going to be "Recruit Dak Drexl" - he will be a Republic soldier on Manaan. This is where I suck: creative stuff! Anyone have any cool story ideas or something? My idea was that he overhears Roland Wann give you your quest to break into the Sith base and he wants in. However, he will need some dialogue and stuff. I'm really bad with this sort of thing, so can let the more creative minds of the forum speak :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hm it looks like some of this thread got deleted somehow, so feel free to re-post your stuff if you want.

A little update, it's taking me a while to do because I'm just learning to script but I think I made a good bit of progress so far:

Dak will spawn after Roland Wann tells you about breaking into the Sith base. He will approach you... (note that his appearance is still being worked on and his head is just a placeholder at the moment)

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=714&pictureid=7862

And you have to initiate conversation. Some snippets of his pre-recruit dialog (not in order so don't let that confuse you):

Show spoiler

picture.php?albumid=714&pictureid=7863

picture.php?albumid=714&pictureid=7864

picture.php?albumid=714&pictureid=7865

And Dak in the party (portrait notwithstanding :xp:)

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=714&pictureid=7866

Special thanks to Bead-v, HarIII and Qui-Gon Glenn getting me up to this point.

Now, I have my sidequest chosen. After you unlock Dak's dialog (I don't think it will take much because I want the player to be able to take part in this sooner than later), he will get a holo message thing from a Republic officer (note that names haven't been chosen yet). In the message the officer will tell Dak to report to the Republic Academy on Carida to receive his mission. I'm not going to spoil the mission just yet though. Basically, however, the player will be allowed to travel to the new location!

The first module will be a re-skinned Yavin station, which is the Republic Station. From there you will be able to take a shuttle to the adacemy. Module for that has not been chosen yet, but I've been tossing around a few ideas.

Questions, comments, and criticisms are encouraged!

Any time, Dak! It looks like you are getting the hang of things scripting wise :D

The Yavin Station rehaul seems like a good idea, it is not used often or at all by modders. I am not sure if it is possible, as it seems the BioWare programmers had a hard time with the door transitions (at least to/from the EH) but I have always wanted to go through one of the two doors to the right and left off of Suvam's main room. Perhaps you could reskin another module, maybe just a small one, and make one of those doors warp you to it... That way, the station isn't so linear/small.

Keep up the great work!!

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

I've been hard at work creating dialog for Dak and actually starting part of the side-quest - the Repubilc Academy of Carida.

Here's a shot of Dak so far and his gun:

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=714&pictureid=7904

You are sent to the Academy to get your mission (or Dak's mission rather). You meet your squad (again, Dak's squad) in the briefing room:

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=714&pictureid=7908

In detail, the group consists of:

Majowski (pronounced muh-cow-skee), basically a red-blooded american type badass dude:

Show spoiler

picture.php?albumid=714&pictureid=7905

Blix the Rodian, sneaky and a most excellent swordsman:

Show spoiler

picture.php?albumid=714&pictureid=7902

And Dak. The commanding officer is Colonel Drexl, who happens to be Dak's old man:

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=714&pictureid=7903

My goal for the academy is to have it be as alive as possible. I plan on having some randos to talk to, a merchant or 2 to buy things from, items to find, and stuff that's just fun to look at. There will be students walking around and in lessons, and Republic soldiers patrolling the halls.

As an example, I accidentally left a mine in the module when making the new one. I took this and it gave me the idea of some kind of "Mine disabling lesson". Note that I only have the male skins done, so that's why they are all male :p)

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=714&pictureid=7906

They will all be facing the right way too :D

And the male "Republic Cadet" up-close:

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=714&pictureid=7907

I had fun making this skin. It's basically every one of the Republic uniforms melded together onto the Sith officer model.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the update. I would like to hear your questions, comments, suggestions, and criticisms all the same!

Archived