Home

Dak's WIPs

Dak Drexl

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone!

Also, the pistol looks small on Majowski.

*Runs to Gmax* Hmmm... how's this?

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
picture.php?albumid=714&pictureid=7914

I really suck at texturing my own weapons but I think this gets the job done just fine.

Wow! Those skins are great, especially Dak's father. Really nailed the 50-something look there.

Awesome, that's exactly what I was going for. I think Dak is 22 in this mod... there's some dialog that tells you how old he is but I can't remember exactly since there is some math involved :p

Also, here's the female cadet skin:

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=714&pictureid=7913

And also as you can see I switched one of the male heads with a Twi'lek to add some more diversity... I dunno, I like how it looks :raise:

Hybrid means that something share some characteristics with another. An hybrid car can run both on electricity and on gas. Same thing with your sith-republic uniforms...

Haha I know what a hybrid is, I just didn't know what you were referring to! I've realized something that I actually think is funny, that all of our brains have been programmed to think "Sith" when we see that model. Too much of this game? I don't think so ;)

I personally like using a wide range of models and stuff, it's just fun for me and keeps things interesting from the making end. Hope you guys like it too...

• 1 month later...

I think it is about time to break the silence and to reveal that I'm helping Dak with his mod.

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8046

Among other things, I made a portrait of Dak, which is the very first one I made and looks very fine, according to me.

im liking the jacket.

Thanks :) I was working on it for a while and couldn't really get what I wanted, but I think it's good enough.

Looks great LDR, the only problem is that Dak's appearance might not be finalized yet. Keep it though because there's only a small chance that he might still change a bit.

Looks great.

Thanks a lot! Your current skinning doesn't look so bad either :)

Ok so I stumbled upon adding this next thing into the mod by accident. Due to a recent modding request I started to make an Iron Man armor skin. Then I thought "how can I put this into my mod?" Eh, well, I decided to put Tony Stark himself in! :thmbup1:

I made a head that I think gets the job done (no pics yet, I still need to get it in-game) and have started up some skins for him. Really he's going to be a merchant. He'll explain that Stark industries is an up-and-comer in the galaxy aiming to compete with companies like Baragwin, and the Republic has given them a contract. Anyway, that explains why he's there. He'll have some cool goodies to sell you, I think just weapons and armor.

Iron Man skin (I think finished):

Show spoiler
ironman1c.jpg

War Machine (WIP, may or may not try to add guns):

Show spoiler
warmact1.jpg

Thanks a lot! Your current skinning doesn't look so bad either :)

Ok so I stumbled upon adding this next thing into the mod by accident. Due to a recent modding request I started to make an Iron Man armor skin. Then I thought "how can I put this into my mod?" Eh, well, I decided to put Tony Stark himself in! :thmbup1:

I made a head that I think gets the job done (no pics yet, I still need to get it in-game) and have started up some skins for him. Really he's going to be a merchant. He'll explain that Stark industries is an up-and-comer in the galaxy aiming to compete with companies like Baragwin, and the Republic has given them a contract. Anyway, that explains why he's there. He'll have some cool goodies to sell you, I think just weapons and armor.

Iron Man skin (I think finished):

Show spoiler
ironman1c.jpg

War Machine (WIP, may or may not try to add guns):

Show spoiler
warmact1.jpg

I like it very much. Can you Make a helmet to go with the suits then modify a blaster to look like gauntlets then modify it so it would look like arc blasts.

I like it very much. Can you Make a helmet to go with the suits then modify a blaster to look like gauntlets then modify it so it would look like arc blasts.

I think no to the helmet because I'm not great with modeling (I might as well try though, right?), but yes I can definitely make the palm gun.

The circle-thing in the middle looks pixelated. Can't you model the armor to have a circle budge out of that specific part, with the texture over it?

No because that would make every heavy armor have an unnecessary bulge in the middle. Also trust me it isn't pixelated at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all,

Unfortunately I'm stopping work on the recruit mod. It's not fun anymore and it's not like me to work on something when it's just tedious and not fun at all - I'm sure the quality would have suffered due to my not really wanting to work on it. I'll be releasing the mod as the recruitment itself without the extra bonus locations.

In lieu of this I'm going to start on something new, but similar - a "Republic Overhaul" mod. It'll be great for Republic lovers like me and will allow me to use everything that I've made so far for the other mod. This will include more and improved Republic characters in areas I think need them, like Manaan and Dantooine, and will also still include a new area for you to visit. Let me know what you think and any ideas.

Sorry to the three or so people who were looking forward to the other mod... you won't be disappointed!

Edit: Decided that the Recruit mod will still have a small sidequest similar to the vanilla sidequests.

Edit 2: Read my next post. I changed my mind about this mod...

Darn, I was really looking forward to the full, shall we say, Dak Drexl recruit mod. So that cool Cardian academy and all of Dak's father's squad will not be included in the Dak recuitment mod, but in another mod?

Ok, well you've inspired me to do something different (again). Well I decided I'll release the module skin as just a Davik's estate skin.

All of the other skins, like the students, will be used in the Recruit mod again. As part of the mod you will be able to visit a "Republic Station" which is really a scaled down version of the academy, but still includes characters like Dak's father. How does that sound?

Archived