Home

My Beloved Empire Strikes Back Turns 30

Prime

Thanks to that movie, I was a traumatized 4-year-old as I watched Luke get his hand severed and Vader revealing he was his father.

I had to get older and more mature to really love the movie the way I do now.

Definitely my favorite of the saga - crazy to think it's 30. Of course I'll be 30 in September, so I guess it makes some sort of weird sense.

Jedi was actually my favorite as a child, since I remember seeing in the theater and getting the toys (I was 3). But as I delved deeper into the universe Jedi quickly fell behind ESB and ANH.

Those pictures are awesome!

A bit weird to think these movie are that "old" already.
Even weirder for me to realize I’m that firkin old. I was a freshman in high school when ESB came out.

Happy Birthday, ESB still like A New Hope Star Wars better, but that too is my age showing.

The film I have so cherished since I saw it in theaters when I was 5 just turned 30. Happy Birthday ESB! I love you as much as ever!

ESB, the best.

I was 5 when A New Hope came out. Watched it a million times on HBO waiting for ESB. Turns out, it was worth the wait!

It still jars me to talk about things that happened 30 years ago. The face in the mirror mostly looks the same.... :wornout:

"Scruffy looking" is what I go for ;)

Congrats ESB on your 30th.

Thanks to that movie, I was a traumatized 4-year-old as I watched Luke get his hand severed and Vader revealing he was his father.

I had to get older and more mature to really love the movie the way I do now.

Whoa! I was 4 when I first saw it... (well, my current physical form anyways. :dev9:)

We have something else in common.

OK who else is part of the 4's club? :xp:

woot @ ESB!! I was 4 when it came out but did not see it until I was about 7 or 8(on VHS)

That pic of how they did the ESB opening crawl is amazing. Modern film makers are pretty lucky - they could knock together a film grade version the same thing on a compy in a few hours.

There's been alot of ESB related frivolity floating around on the webs recently, these are my two favorites

What ESB would have looked like if it was made in the 1950s

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

The ESB Periodic Table. Nerdily Awesome. Element 52 is my favourite :)

EmpireStrikesBackPeriodicTable.jpg

Here's something for those among us with disturbing food fetishes

*pages Niner*

The Bacon AT-AT

Bacon-AT-AT-580-x-386.jpg

mtfbwya

That has to be one of the geekiest periodic tables I've ever seen, Astro.

Not as geeky as those of us who can see the Expanded Universe spelling mistake(s) :thmbup1:

"gimmer" stick my foot!

They should make a 30th anniversary Battle of Hoth game:

They must have heard you Lynky, as they chose the ESB anniversary date to announce the Hoth location in TOR :D

mtfbwya

Archived