Home

Blood of the Empire, Issue #3

Gurges-Ahter

Newest issue released today...

The third issue of Blood of the Empire™ chronicles two formidable confrontations--one between Teneb Kel and his former master, Lord Calypho, and another between Teneb Kel and the Dark Council! And what plans do the Emperor and his mysterious apprentice have in store for Teneb? The mission to determine the future of the galaxy begins here.

Still building, but remains interesting. This starts to tie the two Sith Apprentices we've been introduced to together.

Yeah that threw me also - I definitely did not expect the Emperor to look like that. It really is the first reveal of who the Emperor is. I expect that there will be some tie later, perhaps through blood, to a more known character from the KotOR universe.

• 2 weeks later...

I think most of the compliments regarding the Blood of the Empire plot are quite modest at best. I may be too generous when I say this but to me it's one of the best SW comic storyline I've had the pleasure to read. It may have the advantage of each issue being super short, but the characters make the story gold.

Also, I can't accept that so-called Emperor as the real deal. His appearance is radically different from the Palpatine-esque, cloacked and eerie, fashion (which is not at all unwelcome), but the whole scene goes way too quick and is way too simple for a character of that importance. If he was at the end of the issue I'd probably see it with better eyes, for now I restrict myself to theorize that the guy we see is not the Emperor. Maybe Kel was hallucinating or induced to see things by the Council, who knows.

One thing for certain, Teneb Kel is certainly one of the most elusive and intriguing characters I've ever seen on Star Wars (again at the peril of blowing things out of proportion).

Archived