Home

New OJP sp mod maybe in the works; kinda

Before you guys get too excited about this hear what I have to say.

I'm Katanamaru and I was the animator for OJP right before it stopped. I made some animations that were going to be used but didn't make it into v1.2 and were scheduled for 1.3. I'm thinking of releasing them along with the sp files for OJP that are in the last version of Basic.

I'm unsure about putting the animations in v1.2 right now since I'm not a coder or even play mp. I'll contact Raz0r since he is still around the JA modding scene and see if he could help me where needed. If he agrees then I'll see about a v1.2.1 or something with him.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I've updated my coop patch with some new fixes, now working on darkside kor1 & kor2. Unfurtunately I'm little limited here because I can't add map files without permissions, some parts I can do with icarus others only by entity edit.

I also planned to add some coop challenge maps and a 'lobby' map for coop.

lobby map - I mean, map where you can choose which coop map you want to play, I'm not sure how it should like but probably a door with map/mission name to enter level players must destroy and this doors.

Also I find out that coop works great in ojp basic, and the icarus code in basic is different than in enhanced, so I'm not in coding things so much but looking into this could help.

Also I was playing yesterday and found new coop bugs which I'm gonna fix, but its strange, they occured on windows host, on linux not.

Btw, linux 1.2 is still somewhere? And I only wonder, does anybody want to revive ojp its community? Or only it's me? ;S

also, we got ojp basic and enhanced, maybe now new one? ojp ultimate ? I got a lot of ideas to improve the mod.

I don't know about reviving the OJP community. I wanted to get out some animations I've been sitting on to the public and then I'll probably stop. Kinda burnt out when I realized how limited I was for making saber styles and getting them into sp. Now I just don't have the motivation anymore.

• 1 month later...

Hey theres still some activity here. Good to see you guys again. Most of my OJP days are over for the moment. If it were resurrected, I wouldn't be able to help much. Right now, I can't even get my server to work at my new living location and I'm not sure why. I hope someone will continue it sometime, whether it be doing the work to finish 1.3 or just adding some of the bug fixes and minor features over to 1.2. I always wished someone could figure out why my newer backhand code and balance wouldn't work lol.

OJP 1.3 should be opensourced somewhere and rally people to work with it. Or something more organized like new ojpteam. We should all really talk about this via msn or smth.

IMO, IRC is great, especially for something like this.

irc.arloria.net:6667/6697 was used by the old team around the time of 1.3, I'm in a few channels there (Including JAC), good friends with the admins there.

I'm such a shameless advertiser >.>

The CF Community of OJP Hispanic speakers members always here to support the activity of the Mod OJP from a long time.. 2008-2010 and much years more!

us have hope about the mod will be resurrected :thmbup1:

Few clans know OJP as well as CF. Get some coders and take if over if you can :D just make sure you add an english translation LOL ;)

Archived