Home

Mass Effect on the Big Screen

Spadille

They'll leave 'em out.

Either that, or they'll just leave out the mono-gendered aspect, leaving those watching the movie get seriously shocked, should they every feel the need to find out(though I don't know how jarring of an aspect it is, or could be, as it doesn't bother me). Liara is a part of the game's plot, and I believe would have to carry over into the movie, unless they come up with some stupid reason why Shepard could get clearer visions by him/her-self. If anything, they might leave out Tali, unless, again, she is needed for the information about Saren.

Given the advances in CGI and sfx, no reason to leave any of the aliens out of the game. I'm guessing this could go either way, depending on who's tapped to do it. Though the field is littered w/more disappointments than not....

If they can put a decent director behind it and a good script it might work....I couldn't care less about it not being "my" Shepard so that wouldn't bother me.

As far as other video game movies anything with Uwe Bol's name on it should be exempt because he's a train wreck of a film maker. I didn't think the Resident Evil movies were too horrible nor did I think the Tomb Raider movies were abysmal either and both franchises did pretty well box office wise I think, but I'm too lazy to look it up.

I think I will start the who should be the Commander Shepard in the movie discussion.

My suggestion: Mark Vanderloo because he looks a hell of a lot like him

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
ewwwtf_2.jpgMarkVanderloo2.jpgMark-Vanderloo.jpg

That's because Shepard is modeled after him

In addition to his work in the fashion industry, Vanderloo's likeness is currently in use as the default model for Commander Shepard in the video games Mass Effect, and Mass Effect 2 for Xbox 360 and PC.

This is goddamn ridiculous... I could have been ok with it if it hadnt included shepard, but this seems like every other game-based movie, and a bad one too cause of the options you as a player have in the game. This will turn out to be a disaster.

Heres while it will succeed...BioWare co-founders Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk will serve as executive producers, as will Mass Effect executive producer Casey Hudson

Why most game movies suck you got some old ancient producer who knows nothing about games and add there own weak ideas.. They don't stick to format therefore everything ends up bad. in all game to movies they need to have the original game producers to to smooth out bad ideas that kill the movie

I think I will start the who should be the Commander Shepard in the movie discussion.

Show spoiler

Wow. You are absolutely right. Make it him if they HAVE to do the movie lol

My initial reaction to a Mass Effect film isn't very optimistic.

I think if they stay away from Commander Shepard's character I think it might have a chance.

Can anyone confirm whether they are using Shepard??

Show spoiler

Personally I hated this default Shepard appearance because it looked more like a hollywood actor than someone in the military.

Archived