Home

Companions

Spadille

INTERVIEW@IGN

OVERVIEW@SWTOR

A small quote from the article:

In Star Wars: The Old Republic, a variety of these Companion Characters will join your cause. Some will join you for adventure, some for greed, and some for motivations that will remain hidden until much further along in your adventure. The Companions run the gamut from intelligent droids to bizarre aliens, from an honorable princess to a roguish pirate, and each class has a completely unique set to of Companions.

Which means we can probably say hello to getting matched up with combinations seen in the movies...

Actually if you read the interview it sounds like you will be able to acquire multiple companion characters and be able to choose which class of character will accompany you on various missions. It doesn't sound like there will be a whole lot of "matching" going on other than obviously if you're character is a tank you wouldn't be likely to keep a bunch of tank companions around as the response to the question already states.

I'm sure Bioware is taking a very imaginative look at the companions and the backstories that can be played around with there. It's not all cookie cutter from the movies. Besides I don't rely remember too many Sith "companions." I just hope everyone doesn't end up running around with the same 3-4 companions per class.

I'm sure Bioware is taking a very imaginative look at the companions and the backstories that can be played around with there. It's not all cookie cutter from the movies. Besides I don't rely remember too many Sith "companions." I just hope everyone doesn't end up running around with the same 3-4 companions per class.

Excellent point. It could be awesome to have a Kotor-team system, but I hope not everyone has the same companions. It gave weird situations in Guild Wars.

Maybe random name/appearance generator for companions?

• 5 weeks later...

Archived