Home

[TSL] Another idea - Force Jump w/ Melee Weapons

LancerChronics

A highly annoying thing I've noticed with Jedi Guardians is that their "Force Jump" only works when a lightsaber is equipped.

Combine this with not getting a lightsaber until after Telos, and your main character will already be a Master Force Jump-er by the time you build your lightsaber. This means you'll be a master at it before you even use it.

I propose a mod that lets you use Force Jump with melee weapons as well.

What about slowing down the feat progression of force jump? So that you wont have the master force jump until a while after you aquire the lightsaber.

Nah. The idea was to use force jump earlier in game without feeling like I was cheating by adding a lightsaber too soon. Oh well..

You could copy everything except the models and the sounds, then it would be upgreadable like a ls but would look like a saber. And for the properties just set a big negative blaster reflection bonus, like -25 to prevent yourself from relfecting laser bolts with iron blade.

• 3 weeks later...
You could copy everything except the models and the sounds, then it would be upgreadable like a ls but would look like a saber. And for the properties just set a big negative blaster reflection bonus, like -25 to prevent yourself from relfecting laser bolts with iron blade.

Um, how shiny is it? Because if it can reflect light why not blaster bolts? You can stop bullets with a sword, especially a katana.

^^^ If your name is Sho Kusogi, bullet's ain't s***!

Otherwise, DarthJacen, I am not sure that katana blades stop bullets... they might split them, if they hit the edge right... (see: MythBusters)

Yeah, I am being a semantic turd.

I like the idea... I want to force jump with blasters as well.

I want an oompa loompa now!

^^^ If your name is Sho Kusogi, bullet's ain't s***!

Otherwise, DarthJacen, I am not sure that katana blades stop bullets... they might split them, if they hit the edge right... (see: MythBusters)

Yeah, I am being a semantic turd.

I like the idea... I want to force jump with blasters as well.

I want an oompa loompa now!

If you knew how they are constructed, then you would understand what I mean. Katanas are made with two levels of steel folded on top of each other the outer steel is the hard brittle steel that can hold and edge, while the inner steel is the softer durable steel that can deform and reform giving it the ability to stop a bullet, except armor-piercing that is.

Archived