Home

What is your favourite adventure game location?

Snugglecakes

Mine's Woodtick, by a big margin! In fact... Woodtick makes me wish I was born 400 years ago. This is probably why I've been so critical of the special editions, I'm terrified of what they might do to Woodtick. So far so good though.

Also have a soft spot for Rubacava, but never go there anymore because I'd have to do an awful lot of keyboard-controlled bumping-into-everything-and-pulling-my-hair-out (others call it walking around) to get there. Which just isn't going to happen.

Ok I must say Blood Island is awesome. Woodtick takes first place in the MI world though. I'm sure that one day I'll be on the couch and have to admit that sometimes I just go there to walk around and look and listen. Am I mad? In all probability... yes.

I'd like to live on Plunder Island. That place just seems perfect for me. I love fried chicken, there's a nice classy beach club, Haggis looks like the kind of guy who could tame my unruly hair, and to top it all off, there's a theater! (even if it's a lousy one) I'm kind of a die-hard actor and Shakespere fanatic. And I even love snakes.

The reason I chose a Monkey Island location is because of my long-standing belief that I was meant to be born a 17th-century pirate. I love everything about pirates. The outfits, he sea, the treasure, the adventure, the swordfighting, the grog, etc., etc. And a 17th-Century pirate complete with pop-culture referances? How perfect is that.

Wow, I put a lot of thought into this. 0_o

Hehe! Yeah I agree, I'd love to be walking around in the Monkey Island universe. Even if these paths all look the same...

Of course we'll just gloss over the hardship, violence, disease etc from the period! And no internet. But at least there's grog.

Hehe! Yeah I agree, I'd love to be walking around in the Monkey Island universe. Even if these paths all look the same...

Of course we'll just gloss over the hardship, violence, disease etc from the period! And no internet. But at least there's grog.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the no-internet thing. Well, I'd find a way to entertain myself, haha.

Rubacava wins by far for me. That place drips with so much atmosphere and it's full of great characters too.

God damn. 10 seconds of

and I'm in the mood for digging GF out for a play now. :~

I change my vote to this...I wish I could wear Manny's tux all the time btw...

I think that Atlantis from Fate of Atlantis is my favorite, mostly because of the incredible atmosphere. You really feel like you're in an abandoned city that nobody has touched for centuries, and it really builds up the suspense for the climax, and then all that stuff happens that I won't spoil for anyone who's never played it.

As for someplace I'd want to live, I would have to go for Rubacava. I know it's been said before, I just think it would be a really cool place to be.

Live? Puerto Pollo.

That I admire? Almost all choices made in this thread (aka all the choices from the games I've played). I also think both Bladehenge and Deathspank's world (it seems pleasant!) are cool, though they're not adventure games.

I love New York City in Sam & Max: The Penal Zone, because it feels so much like a city and it's so much like how I imagine New York to be (I've never actually been there). It's so grimy and dirty, there's always things going on in the background (mostly rats). I know it's not a classic (yet) but there's something about Sam & Max's New York.

No votes for Melee Town? Tsk tsk... I think that was the first time I 'got' how important atmosphere was to a game. Although the whole of Melee Island was just wonderful. I love Puerto Pollo as well, and just the general 'feel' of Blood Island.

Speaking of nice locations, one year ago I was trying to make an April Fool (Monkey3 Special Edition, yeeeeah!!) transforming the Goodsoup Hotel in some kind of Tiller's 2.5D and repainting the screen. I gave up cause I'm not so good in lights dynamics and 3D and stuff. Mission failed.

tillercurse25d.jpg

Though it's once again reminded me just how tedious I find 3D modelling. :~

Tell me about it.

Client: We just need a simple aerial view of a city scene with some cars and stuff happening

Me: Sure thing

2 weeks later... still sitting here... living on toast

Archived