Home

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time [SPOILERS]

Prince of Persia: Opinions?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Prince of Persia: Opinions?

• It was amazing.
    • It was pretty good, for a video game movie.
    • Meh. Not bad, but not good enough to watch more than once.
    • It was terrible.

Why are the Persians white? :indif:

Because it's Hollywood, where everyone is white and lives in perfect harmony. :p

TBH, I don't understand this. Persians are ethnically "white". Perhaps not by the narrow American definition, where white is synonymous with European Aryan, but anthropologically, they belong to the same stock as the Europeans, Central Asians and Indians.

TBH, I don't understand this. Persians are ethnically "white". Perhaps not by the narrow American definition, where white is synonymous with European Aryan, but anthropologically, they belong to the same stock as the Europeans, Central Asians and Indians.
Indians are brown :carms:

I say "meh". I have no interest in seeing the movie (nor any game movie): playing the game usually brings more freedom and options. Why would I want to see a movie with pre-made choices, generic chars and everything summarized in 1.5 - 2 hours? It brings nothing really new or interesting. Days are way too short to loose my time on such a thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I've watched it a couple of weeks ago and let me tell you guys it isn't as bad as what we may have been led to think. In fact, I'll probably have to watch Silent Hill again, but I'd say it's the best vidya-based movie I've watched, which doesn't mean much but it's certainly something. As far as Bruckheimer works go, it's better than PotC, IMO.

It certainly follows what I see as a must for these movies to work: rule number one; an adaptation needs to adequate itself to the media it's being transplanted, otherwise it's not one. And that's what PoP does, with minor and major alterations to make it a movie instead of a game and introducing more characters other than the Prince (who has a name on the movie, in an important move), the destituted princess and the evil vizier. And everyone that already existed on the game were given new features and characteristics, enough for players to feel it's still The Sands of Time but also giving it fresh air.

A fair movie in the end, decidedly worth watching at some point (not necessarily on theater). One of the two game-movies that doesn't outright suck.

Now

does anyone else think the presence of the Hashashin is a nod at [/i]Assassin's Creed[/i]?

Archived