Home

Damage immunity & damage resistance

MechWarrior001

How does damage immunity differ from damage resistance? For example, If I'm wearing a Krath Holy Battle Suit with a Mark V Armorweave underlay w/ a damage immunity of 30% and I get attacked by a enemy with a regular blaster of 1-8 energy damage & 20-20x2 critical hit ratio, how will I be effected as opposed to having a 5/- damage resistance to energy damage?

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I can't exactly say how the blaster attack will be affected since there are still the modifiers from the person using it versus the modifiers on the target to consider. But for the defenses themselves, I'm pretty sure 5/- will negate the first 5 points of damage of the indicated type (energy, fire, cold, etc). I'm not so sure about the 30%. If I had to guess, I'd say it was a 30% chance to avoid the damage of that type entirely, or a 30% reduction of damage from that type. I'm leaning more toward the chance to avoid, since I doubt that both type of defense would be a damage reduction.

The immunity is : if you have 30% immunity, and someone shoot you with exactly 10 of damage, with 30% immunity, you will only get 7 (10 -30%) of damage.

The resistance is: if you have 5/- resistance, and someone shoot you with exactly 10 of damage, with 5/- resistance, you will only get 5 (10 -5) of damage.

Archived