Home

Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures

Spadille

I mean...it's obviously not geared towards an older audience. I'll never fault a game for trying to get younger gamers. Games like Viva Pinata are pure gold because they can capture the entire spectrum if people give it a chance. I'm sure I'll try this out at some point and hate it because it'll be too childish, but I'm sure someone will enjoy it.

hardcore gamers

good ole arbitrary definitions that mean different things to different people ;)

LA, like any other company rolling with market forces is catering to a gaming market that ranges in age and preferences.

They fact they haven't done JA2, KOTOR3 or an XWA successor doesn't make them any more or less inclined to consider "hardcore" gamers...whatever the heck that means :confused:

mtfbwya

edit- K3 typo fix :p

good ole arbitrary definitions that mean different things to different people ;)

LA, like any other company is rolling with the market forces is catering to a gaming market that ranges in age and preferences.

They fact they haven't done JA2, KOTOR2 or an XWA successor doesn't make them any more or less inclined to consider "hardcore" gamers...whatever the heck that means :confused:

mtfbwya

This.

And I really see no reason to complain about this game. Due to the sucess of Free Realms and The Clone Wars series, this seems like a good marketing move to both companies.

LA, like any other company rolling with market forces is catering to a gaming market that ranges in age and preferences.

They fact they haven't done JA2, KOTOR3 or an XWA successor doesn't make them any more or less inclined to consider "hardcore" gamers...whatever the heck that means :confused:

mtfbwya

edit- K3 typo fix :p

I'm with Astro here as well. Companies target specific demographics all the time. Lucasarts, like any other company is trying to target a demographic where they know a specific product (in this case The Clone Wars) is having success. Ultimately they are hoping that free players will want more and buy a subscription to access "premium" content etc...They also know that Sony had great success with Free Realms so to me something like this would be a no brainer for LA to at least attempt. Even if it fails, it probably won't set them back a whole lot.

In any case, it certainly doesn't help the LucasArts Fan Network... but The Old Republic MMO will.

I don't know about this game specifically but previous clone war games have been closer to being shovelware than anything else... and that's not an opinion based on the fact that these games don't interest me, it's because the games are being handled by tiny development houses that beg for scraps and aren't very good to begin with.

In the past the quality was a little more balanced... so it's hard to swallow when you end up seeing such low quality games coming out with the LucasArts badge on it this frequently.

Archived