Home

2010 FIFA World Cup

Astor

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CATCH THE EXCITEMENT!

Says the man with the BASEBALL avvie :thmbup1:

The Italy v Paraguay match was my favorite so far. I really like to see two teams going at it. Hence I was pleasantly surprised with Italy's relentless pressure in the last 20. I think they realise that finishing second in that group and meeting the Netherlands in the next round is something they don't want to do :p

Portugal 2-2 Ivory Coast....

Brazil 4-0 North Korea...

Portugal is so unpredictable, but if they have some set plays up their sleeve they may pull it off

DAY 5 PREDICTIONS

IVORY COAST v PORTUGAL: 1-2

BRAZIL v PRKOREA: 4-0

HONDURAS v CHILE: 0-2

mtfbwya

I don't think I have been excited by the matches so far. Not the ties I'm bothered with, but the football itself is afwul. Even Ivory Coast against Portugal has no goals. Luckily, some nice action by Brazil. Not amazing, but better than most in this tournament. Kudos to North Korea for making it difficult for Brazil and scoring a goal.

I'd like England to win, Not because I'm English, but because maybe then we can shut up about it lol, anybody would think the 66 world cup was the only thing that ever happened in the history of England :lol:

Not...Going...To...Happen...Ever!

Here in Scotland, 1966 never happened btw ;)

Spain seems to be the favourite but they are always the team that participate and do well, but never win lolz

I'd love to see Holland take it for a change :)

DAY 5 PREDICTIONS

IVORY COAST v PORTUGAL: 1-2

BRAZIL v PRKOREA: 4-0

HONDURAS v CHILE: 0-2

mtfbwya

Lolz @ Brazil - N. Korea being 2-1 wtf?

I knew Portugal would blow though...

wow...portugal and brazil.. lets just hope that was game 1 jitters.

Kudos to New Zealand. They played much better than Australia, even though the Slovakians bragged about being better pre-game.

DAY 6!

SPAIN v SWITZERLAND: 2-1

SOUTH AFRICA v URUGUAY: 1-0

I was pleased to note that FIFA President gave everyone an official STFU with regards to the Vuvuzelas. Its part of the African game, and has been since the 1970s. Deal with it whiteys ;)

Some more geeky WC humour :

LOTR-Worldcup.gif

mtfbwya

I was pleased to note that FIFA President gave everyone an official STFU with regards to the Vuvuzelas. Its part of the African game, and has been since the 1970s. Deal with it whiteys ;)

The vuvuzelas actually sound a lot like trumpets, if played with skill. Most of the annoying sound coming this WC comes from foreigner blokes playing it.

The vuvuzelas actually sound a lot like trumpets, if played with skill. Most of the annoying sound coming this WC comes from foreigner blokes playing it.

Indeed. For anyone wanting to get some practise in on a vuvuzela.. You can visit this highly popular ONLINE VUVUZELA and give a toot :D

edit>OOooooo.. 9999 posts :D

mtfbwya

wow.. the first true upset of the tourney... with spain losing their opener - though I must admit - I'm not hugely surprised. I watched the swiss play Italy in a friendly (1-1) a couple weeks ago and the Swiss were reasonably impressive.

Torres and Villa definitely seem a bit rusty :p

mtfbwya

I'm faintly disgusted by that win actually, if only for the sake of a watchable tournament. all the coaches of these very average teams have looked at Inter's champions league title, where they stifled opponents twice as talented as themselves and created a dreary, lifeless spectacle and then won. and they all nodded, stroked their chins and went off to work on their own versions. fine, but then you're going to get games like this one where, in all honesty, it's incredibly dull to watch, and worse is when two teams adopt the same tactics and cancel each other out - see portugal versus the Ivory coast. applaud their discipline and organisation all you want but i don't watch football for an excellent showcase of defensive excellence, i watch it for goals, drama and attacking - all of which are usually ingredients of the better world cups - and there has been very little of that so far.

in short, i blame Jose Mourinho.

They're not getting rid of those stupid horns that sound like buzzing bees? Stupidest non-decision they could have made. I don't give two ****s that it's part of South African culture, it's goddamn annoying and takes away from already limited enjoyment of this boring-ass game for a majority of Americans. I hope everything ends in a tie and nobody wins because really, with all that buzzing, everyone loses.

10.000 posts lulz.

Am I the only one who thinks the players seem kinda of...careful somehow, like they're not playing to their full capacity. Especially the goalscorers >_>

Losing a first match puts pressure on a team.

Most big tournament winners start with a draw and then free-wheel themselves into the next round because they have gotten used to the weather etc.

The humidity is supposed to be devastating over there. The weather very strange and the fields terrible.

Also, most teams take shape after the first round.

For example, the Spanish right winger, Navas, was VERY bad. Same was true for Torres. Now that this is known, new players will grab their chance.

Maybe they'll play 4-4-2 next time with Torres and Villa from the start.

Same is true for Holland. It didn't work with Van der Vaart and Sneijder on the midfield. The substitute (Elia) was awesome and another one (Afellay) was too. Sneijder sucked as well and might have to fear for his place.

Now it'll all be a lot more on edge.

I'm gutted, so far the world cup has been a triumph for teams playing cowardly pack men behind the ball football. Is this really what the game is coming to? I refuse to accept that Switzerland played well, they had like 3 actual attacks in the whole game... This is currently the worst World Cup I've ever seen...

I'm gutted, so far the world cup has been a triumph for teams playing cowardly pack men behind the ball football. Is this really what the game is coming to? I refuse to accept that Switzerland played well, they had like 3 actual attacks in the whole game... This is currently the worst World Cup I've ever seen...

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.) :D

@ ChainZ:

a684b710kdqgq.jpg

Even if you're ignorant and watch steroid boys throw and kick a ball, it's not excuse for being stupid... :thmbup1:

Can we please call it football by the way? Shouting TEN FOR HUH HAH isn't really a sport now is it?

PS: Look at the picture...something wrong there? (HINT)

Come into my changing rooms and say that! ;)

Can we please call it football by the way? Shouting TEN FOR HUH HAH isn't really a sport now is it?

PS: Look at the picture...something wrong there? (HINT)

hehehe.. hey I'm with ya guys. Peace!.. :lol:

Same here J7 (about worst WC), though I don't know if it's the WC or just the freaking annoying buzz of the vuvuzela :rolleyes: I don't care if it's tradition.. burn the damn things. Same with air horns for the yahoos in the states. If I sit next to you, I will punch you in the throat if you blast it :¬:

@Z, LOL! I never knew Africa was so close to the border (USA) or is it, I live in North Africa?!? Now I'm confused.. hehe

gotta agree with ya on the call it football part. Why we (Americans) call our "football" well, uh football.. I'll never know :raise:

Archived