Home

2010 FIFA World Cup

Astor

gotta agree with ya on the call it football part. Why we (Americans) call our "football" well, uh football.. I'll never know :raise:

Because we say so and the next time you question that we will have Lucy Draper (aka Kathy Ireland) come visit you. Lucy Draper "Welcome to foot...Ball!" :xp:99.9999999% chance that was for my own entertainment.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow.. the first true upset of the tourney... with spain losing their opener - though I must admit - I'm not hugely surprised. I watched the swiss play Italy in a friendly (1-1) a couple weeks ago and the Swiss were reasonably impressive.

Torres and Villa definitely seem a bit rusty :p

mtfbwya

Spain totally deserved to win that game, Alonso's shot on the crossbar was a f***ing legend...They created sooo many chances and really played well the Swiss were just really really lucky I think.

Anyone that wants to whine about the Vuvuzela's please use this template.

Dear Black People in Africa,

I know you love blowing your vuvuzela horns at the soccer. I know it is a tradition that hearkens back to the time of apartheid, where football matches such as the Soweto Derby between Orlando Pirates and Kaiser Chiefs were the only time blacks could congregate without being shot at or told to disperse. You see, I don't care about that, and if I dont like it then that means you have to ban it. Like for realz. And if you don't I'll go on the webs and annoy others about it.

I have several friends in S Africa atm, following either Oz, Spain and Greece(neither very happy atm) :p Being well aquainted with South African football, they all took some fancy devices called earplugs with them :D They work a treat apparently

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earplug

This is currently the worst World Cup I've ever seen...

This is also currently the worst world cup ball I've ever seen. Jabulani is a nightmare!

mtfbwya

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dear Vuvuzela Horn Blowers,

The collective sound of your horns literally gave me the shivers as I heard it while watching YouTube videos. That's not a good thing, because the shivers were those of utter and complete dread. The sound "weirded me out x 1,000", and I could not watch even the 1:08 clip of a World Cup match without going nearly insane. Sometimes, when I wake up from a nightmare, I think I hear some loud noise like a bang or thump. I pray to whatever Higher Power is out there that I do NOT wake up and think I hear the sound of your vuvuzela horns trumpeting at full blast. Seriously. I'll think I've heard a grant total of 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 wasps.

I am sensitive to sudden loud noises, but I am even more sensitive to THIS noise.

*Shiver, shiver, quiver,*

Tysyacha

Another option some are using is tuning into a match on the radio. If the station broadcasting has a decent booth or is doing a remote commentary, the noise of the horns is drowned out considerably or not present at all. Just use that for the commentary whilst watching the TV. I know BBC were looking at a vuvuzela free audio stream in their TV broadcasts(which you could activate by a remote button press) but not sure if anything firm has been decided yet.

Im amazed broadcasters didnt think of that well in advance. Even the US broadcasters should have realised when they were there for the confeds cup last year.

Anyway, DAY 7 - Looks very interesting :) The teams that didn't get a win in R1 really need to pull their finger out...

ARGENTINA v KOREA: 2-0

GREECE v NIGERIA: 0-1

FRANCE v MEXICO: 1-2

GERMANY v SERBIA: 2-0

mtfbwya

wow@ Greece. Didn't see that one coming! I'm very pleased with my Mexico selection - it's just appalling to see a team with as many talented players as France do so badly because of player/coach issues. Surely it was evident from the Euros - yet they still stuck with Domenech.

mtfbwya

Watching the Mexico-France Game Atm and I May say France seem as Rubbish as they Have been in Many Months....I Am Un sure what it is with France they seem to Have Such Great Talent But cant seem to Play Like they did 10 Years Ago or 12 :p

Plus It Looks Like Carlos Vela got a Hamstring Problem But i could be Wrong.

Current Thoughts on World Cup: North Korea = OMG. Talk about Suprising

Spain vs Switz: Lets Hope Cesc Learns something from this. He sat on the Bench Watvhing Xavi and Iniesta Play... Will Barca Be Any Different????

England-USA= If Robert Green Doesnt Play next Game he could never Recover (Like Paul R) But if they Pick Him again he Could make another error or the Other Keepers Will be Annoyed... Plus Heskey cant hit the Great Wall of China from a Meter Away.

:p

Question of the Moment: Well This question has been Going round my School for a While Now and what would happen if the Final was S.Korea vs N.Korea.... My Anwser... S.Korea Nuked if they Win

Well Thats all i got For Now :p

wow@ Greece. Didn't see that one coming! I'm very pleased with my Mexico selection - it's just appalling to see a team with as many talented players as France do so badly because of player/coach issues. Surely it was evident from the Euros - yet they still stuck with Domenech.

Greece, I think only won due that idiot deciding to kick an opponent over nothing in the 33rd minute was a good idea. Mexico played well, France I always thought would go out, but I thought they would likely just draw all their games... Domenech, is the worst coach in the competition, and I've never understood why he was in charge... Apparently it was Zidane who actually ran the team when they reached the final in 2006. Messi, I think has been the standout player so far, was great for the Argies yesterday.

DAY 8:

SLOVENIA v USA: 0-2

ENG v ALGERIA: 3-0

GER V SER 2-1

NED v JAPAN: 3-0

Well, Domenech don't even have words after the defeat, even for the players he just said "i don't know what to say" so yes, he's not a very good coach xD

But alse the players, they just can't work together, the French team is like a patch work of players, more than a team, so that's not only the coach fault either.

(Whatever, I just wanted France to loose (for someone living in Paris it could seem strange xD), and that being against Mexico is event Better *_*, And I also win a Bet :dev7:)

c35c7e56_zinedinevuvuzela.gif

Watching Germany right now...I hope they can prove the 4-0 wasn't a fluke..and that they really are this good!

Germany do have a really good team... Got to the final of Euro 08' and the Semi-Finals of WC 06' - They will do well, however how you do against Serbia now, I don't know this referee is a disgrace, I don't think either of Klose's bookings were actually yellow cards...

Klose's fouls were not worthy of yellow cards. What was up with the ref?
Both his fouls were all from behind, which immediatly qualify as rather grave. Now I don't think the last one was demanded a card but from my understanding the referee did that based on previous, minor infractions he did.

What is surprising is how the red cards are affecting matches' outcomes. This was held true today with Germany and yesterday in Nigeria's game.

This Cup is killing every likely bet made out there. XD

From what they played on the second half, the US deserved the victory, wrongfully taken from them by the ref. The gravest mistake I've witnessed this far on the WC.

Oh well, comic relief made itself present on the last minute, when that US player stepped on the ball and fell head-on.

lolz.... didn't watch the end? It was 2-2!

mtfbwya

I did. not amused. I was looking for definitive proof that the US sucks at any sport played outside their own boundaries :p having said that, they wuz robbed even worse than the germans were.

Archived