Home

2010 FIFA World Cup

Astor

Another mighty victory for the USA, then! :p

We shall tie our way to victory!

“Remember the Alamo”, “Remember Pearl Harbor”, “Oo-Rah,” “Hoo-Yah,” “Hooah,” “Geronimo,” all famous battle cries in US history. Now, the U.S. football team gives us “We tie, we are just as good as you.”

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This Cup is killing every likely bet made out there. XD

Indeed. England being unable to score against Algeria made the bookies a mint last night!

I think 0-0 draws should be awarded with 0 points! You should only be allowed to share the points if you can get off yer ar$e and actually score.

DAY 9

GHANA v AUSTRALIA: 2-0

CAMEROON v DENMARK: 2-1

SLOVAKIA v PARAGUAY: 1-2

mtfbwya

Late to the game, so to speak.

Being English i am obliged to suport our own, and tear them to shreds at the earliest oppurtunity. Like Churchill.

Dear Mr Capello.

There is a reason that Robert Green was the third choice for so long.

I Was Just watching Sky News and Rooney was Having a Go at the Fans for Booing them after there 0-0 Draw.

Well Maybe Rooney should Shut up. The Fans have to Pay Money for Transport, Hotel and Match's whereas Rooney Gets Paid to go there.... And If England cant even Beat Algeria how will they Cope Against Brazil, Holland, Spain, Germany, Argentina. Short Anwser They Wont.

Honestly at this point with the two performances they have made, England don't deserve a spot in the knockout rounds. All three of the other teams in their group have played well and tryed thier hardest. With the tallent England have it's a shame really. In the beginning I hoped to see the US and England move on but right now things are looking like it will be USA and Slovenia.

Originally Posted by Salzella

I did. not amused. I was looking for definitive proof that the US sucks at any sport played outside their own boundaries having said that, they wuz robbed even worse than the germans were.

You could say that for any country.

^^ quite. If their support wasn't 'loyal' they wouldn't have travelled thousands of miles and spent thousands of pounds going there to watch that lazy, overpaid bunch of overhyped no-hopers... go back to Merseyside Rooney :)

Still, there's something terribly mean spirited about booing your own team. I can't think of any other nations fans that do it so readily. No one forced the fans to go to South Africa, they could have watched it free at home, like we are :D

It must be demoralising to the players, no matter how experienced or overpaid they are. Rooney is not a favourite of mine by any stretch of the imagination, but the fact that he commented on it shows that it still registers emotionally with a player.

They could be like the French and not give a toss about anything, win or lose :p

mtfbwya

Still, there's something terribly mean spirited about booing your own team. I can't think of any other nations fans that do it so readily. No one forced the fans to go to South Africa, they could have watched it free at home, like we are :D

It must be demoralising to the players, no matter how experienced or overpaid they are. Rooney is not a favourite of mine by any stretch of the imagination, but the fact that he commented on it shows that it still registers emotionally with a player.

Agreed on every single word. I watched the match with my brit cousin and some friends at the Fifa Fan Fest yesterday and they told me that they simply don't like the team. They even have borderline offensive chantings for their own players. It's natural to get upset by a defeat but when the people that should be supporting them don't, well, it's the killing blow.

The French are pissed off as far as i can tell, the media in France are really ripping into Domenech. I'm guessing it was only the vuvuzelas that prevented us from hearing French boos in full force - as it is they're far too cool to outwardly voice their opinion :p my favourite "it could be worse" saying so far in this world cup has been 'at least we're not the french' :D

DAY 10

ITALY v NEW ZEALAND: 2-0

BRAZIL v IVORY COAST: 2-0

PORTUGAL v DPR-KOREA: 1-1

If you want a nifty all in one results/fixtures guide, check this flash based WC Calendar page

EDIT: zOMG=Italy. The reigning world champs cant overcome humble NZ, who actually have some amateur players in their team :p

Vuvuzela haters! Someone has finally spoken up for you:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

mtfbwya

Awesome, New Zealand, awesome. Of course, Italy was awful, but I was totally rooting for the Kiwis. And I'm following the trouble with the French and English team with interest. Especially the deal with Anelka and the row between Evra and a physical coach and the resulting refusal of the players to train today. Awesome. :p

I was ashamed by Ivory Coast's behavior today. Kaka got a red card when that one Ivorian started faking serious pain after he just bumped into Kaka. Even the commentators were saying how pathetic that was.

EDIT: zOMG=Italy. The reigning world champs cant overcome humble NZ, who actually have some amateur players in their team :p

No offense to anyone, but I actually want them out as soon as possible. :p

I was ashamed by Ivory Coast's behavior today. Kaka got a red card when that one Ivorian started faking serious pain after he just bumped into Kaka. Even the commentators were saying how pathetic that was.
So was I. Cote de Ivoire was violent the whole game and Kaká is the one to get a red card? **** it, if I was him, I'd warrant a red card with that kind of unfair pressure on him.

Luís Fabiano goal was easily the most beautiful on this WC... let's not pretend he did not use his arm to help him though, but it was still awesome.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with the match. Convincing, enjoyable and lest we forget, a victory.

It really was a shame... But I don't blame the ref, because he can't see it. I blame the Ivorian player. Although with out be totally sure Kaka hit the player it wasn't fair to card him. Fortunately it wasn't a straight red...

Most Italians I know have been very unusual this world cup. They dislike Lippi's selection so much that they want to see him fail, but at the same time are anxious not to see their nation lose when they actually play.

I'm looking forward to seeing Andrea Pirlo back in game 3. If ever someone deserved being called a 'midfield maestro' it's him ;)

It's good Lippi will be leaving after this WC. When Prandelli takes over and they start their Euro 2012 qualifiers later this year, hopefully we will see in form players like Cassano re-integrated into the team. Pazzini looks lost without Cassano running off him.

mtfbwya

It really was a shame... But I don't blame the ref, because he can't see it. I blame the Ivorian player. Although with out be totally sure Kaka hit the player it wasn't fair to card him. Fortunately it wasn't a straight red...
Well, if the ref didn't see anything, I'm wondering on what base he decided to give Kaka a card anyway.

Yes, a ref can't just give a card without any one seeing anything, just on one player's word... and yes the ivory coast has been violent all the match, they have also get Blumer out of the match, with a fault, and the ref haven't do anything about it... it's like if they wanted revenge from the last goal...

So was I. Cote de Ivoire was violent the whole game and Kaká is the one to get a red card? **** it, if I was him, I'd warrant a red card with that kind of unfair pressure on him.

Luís Fabiano goal was easily the most beautiful on this WC... let's not pretend he did not use his arm to help him though, but it was still awesome.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with the match. Convincing, enjoyable and lest we forget, a victory.

Brazil were much better and frankly some of the Ivory Coast players are a disgrace, as well as being utterly stupid; they need Brazil to beat Portugal - and what do they do; they commit the worst tackle of the tournament on Elano (which was deliberate and should of been a straight red). Infrat the Ivory Coast should of had two red's as they guy that proceeded to get Kaka sent off, put in the horrible high foot on Bastos... Then they get Kaka sent off - If I was Brazil I'd let Portugal get a draw in the last game just to spite the Ivorians.

The Ref was pathetic, the players may not of helped but he was still poor... he missed two hand balls in the build upto Fabiano's goal, he was 6 yards away from that challenge on Elano, and that was deliberate, you won't see a more stone wall red card all tournament and finally nor did Kaka warrant a single yellow let alone two...

Well, if the ref didn't see anything, I'm wondering on what base he decided to give Kaka a card anyway.

He didn't see anything, he was influenced by the Ivorian players.. It's pathetic and he shouldn't referee another game this tournament.

Yes, a ref can't just give a card without any one seeing anything, just on one player's word...

Well he can. You for some bizarre reason seem to think the referee's are better than they really are. The standard of refereeing has been pretty high up until now, but lets not defend a bad performance. Personally I think they should let Ravshan Irmatov (the Uzbekistani) referee as many matches as possible, as he's awesome... But the French ref Stephane Lannoy has always been a bad ref and he clearly didn't see the incident as the other player ran into Kaka. If anything if I'd of been referee I'd of booked Keita for trying to run into Kaka off the ball - makes me wonder what else the Ivorians had been doing off the ball all game long, that the Brazilians hadn't be reacting too.

and yes the ivory coast has been violent all the match, they have also get Blumer out of the match, with a fault, and the ref haven't do anything about it... it's like if they wanted revenge from the last goal...

The Ivory Coast were awful; the deserved too loose... They didn't attempt to attack until they were 3-0 down, and if your going to take revenge wouldn't it make more sense to score goals than attempt to get players sent off so they are suspended for a game you need them to win?

Well he can.

Yes I know he can, but he shouldn't..

and I know a tackle isn't a good way to take revenge, but they are too brainless to play instead of kicking and hitting everything around them...

For the hands in the second goal, well, with or without it Brazil have won, and he deserve it.

Archived