Home

2010 FIFA World Cup

Astor

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Portugal just won 7-0 against North Korea.

Now that's my nation. :D

a great performance - making Fridays game even more appealing.

Luís Fabiano goal was easily the most beautiful on this WC... let's not pretend he did not use his arm to help him though, but it was still awesome.

lolz...A deliberate handball gets some players a red card, if you're Brazilian, you get a pat on the back from the ref :thmbup1:

DAY 11

CHILE v SWITZERLAND: 2-1

SPAIN v HONDURAS: 3-0 >>Pull yer finger out Spain!

mtfbwya

DAY 12: CRUNCH TIME!

MEXICO v URUGUAY: 1-1 They'll ensure a draw to keep mutinous frogs at bay

FRANCE v S.AFRICA: 0-0 France are behaving so unprofessionally, they really deserve worse. I'd make them play in their underwear and give the crowd rotten cabbage to throw at them. OK, they have issues - they should have sorted them MONTHS ago(after Euro 2008), not waited until NOW. Idiotique!

NIGERIA v SKOREA : 0-1

ARGENTINA v GREECE: 2-0

mtfbwya

I am smelling a bestseller...

"Domenech: How I single handedly destroyed a World-Champion worthy team using astrology, insanity and benchwarmer Henry."

Seriously. If a man like this can become the coach of the national team (Heard rumours Zidane kept the team together in 2006 instead of him), Gérard Deperdieu can become Renaults new Formula 1 race driver.

DAY 12: CRUNCH TIME!

MEXICO v URUGUAY: 1-1 They'll ensure a draw to keep mutinous frogs at bay

Given current scores I'm hoping Mexico 0-2 Uruguay and that...

FRANCE v S.AFRICA: 0-0 France are behaving so unprofessionally, they really deserve worse. I'd make them play in their underwear and give the crowd rotten cabbage to throw at them. OK, they have issues - they should have sorted them MONTHS ago(after Euro 2008), not waited until NOW. Idiotique!

See I'd disagree I don't think the players or Domoknob are to blame; I think the French Football Federation are to blame.. How did they ever make him manager in the first place let alone keep him on for 4 years of pretty abject football (minus Zidane's magic (and headbutt) in WC 06.

Currently I'm hoping South Africa get another so they can squeeze through with Uruguay grabbing a second goal...

See I'd disagree I don't think the players or Domoknob are to blame;

Here from France, I think the players does have a part of responsibility, how can you arrive two days before a match and say "Oh, we're not training until you make Anelka come back", I think in almost every team, the player would be expelled from the tournament, or at least, that's not abnormal, and then they act totally like spoiled brats, refusing to train because their friend got spelled, that's a behavior worth of teenagers, come on...

Here from France, I think the players does have a part of responsibility, how can you arrive two days before a match and say "Oh, we're not training until you make Anelka come back", I think in almost every team, the player would be expelled from the tournament, or at least, that's not abnormal, and then they act totally like spoiled brats, refusing to train because their friend got spelled, that's a behavior worth of teenagers, come on...

It wouldn't of happened if Raymond Domenech wasn't manager, which says it all, the pathetic little man refused to shake hands after the game with Carlos Alberto Parreira, presumably because it's unacceptable Parreira to do his job. If I was a French player I'd of just refused to be in any Domenech squad altogether, I wouldn't want to be managed by an idiot who picks players by their star sign...

Yes but there has already been a problem with Domenech, and the only reason he stayed is because the PLAYERS support him, and refuse him to leave,, so it's to late to say "oh no we were wrong", when you make a choice you have to assume it, now they act on a really childish way, and they just let down all their fans, all the France, the people who pay to see them play, and they can't even do an effort, they played terribly, they refused to train.

There was some who go cry at domenech's room the night before the match saying they were sorry, that they wasn't agree, but couldn't say no to the others players.

So if they wanted to make their revolution they could have:

1) Be agree

2)Waited until the end of the wold cup, avoiding this humiliation.

3)Act like man's to solve it, not like spoiled teen agers.

Looks like Mexico made it on goal difference :) I was actually in Mexico during the last world cup - they LOVE their national team over there.

LET'S ALL CELEBRATE WITH SALMA HAYEK & TACOS!

mtfbwya

Excellent deduction. You can have the tacos.

Aww, South-Africa. Would've been nice to see them go through, but Mexico does have more chance at success (even if they lost to Uruguay and will probably play Argentina next). Can't say I'm sad for France, but I'll miss the rows and scandals. :D

Ah, a pity what happened today with S. Africa. If they had played the first two games the way they played this one they probably would make it to the next stage. I was supporting them today.

Brazil were much better and frankly some of the Ivory Coast players are a disgrace, as well as being utterly stupid; they need Brazil to beat Portugal - and what do they do; they commit the worst tackle of the tournament on Elano (which was deliberate and should of been a straight red). Infrat the Ivory Coast should of had two red's as they guy that proceeded to get Kaka sent off, put in the horrible high foot on Bastos... Then they get Kaka sent off - If I was Brazil I'd let Portugal get a draw in the last game just to spite the Ivorians.
I've kinda lost the respect I had for their football - which mainly consisted on the admiration I have for their individual players. I still enjoy Drogba, though, as he was one of the few that didn't resort to violence.

Portugal just won 7-0 against North Korea.

Now that's my nation. :D

a great performance - making Fridays game even more appealing.
Indeed a great game, made possible by the inane change of tactics of the N. Koreans. Still, kudos for Portugal, I'm also looking forward to friday's match.

lolz...A deliberate handball gets some players a red card, if you're Brazilian, you get a pat on the back from the ref :thmbup1:
The ref must relate since Henry did the same thing to get France in the Cup. :p

"Domenech: How I single handedly destroyed a World-Champion worthy team using astrology, insanity and benchwarmer Henry."

It wouldn't of happened if Raymond Domenech wasn't manager, which says it all, the pathetic little man refused to shake hands after the game with Carlos Alberto Parreira, presumably because it's unacceptable Parreira to do his job. If I was a French player I'd of just refused to be in any Domenech squad altogether, I wouldn't want to be managed by an idiot who picks players by their star sign...
In my modest opinion he's an idiot, but it's not my place to label a coach of another nation. How does he orchestrates a team with such potential in such an ungodly way is beyond my wildest nightmares.

Indeed a great game, made possible by the inane change of tactics of the N. Koreans. Still, kudos for Portugal, I'm also looking forward to friday's match.

Me too, although I still think Brazil will win.

I was ashamed by Ivory Coast's behavior today. Kaka got a red card when that one Ivorian started faking serious pain after he just bumped into Kaka. Even the commentators were saying how pathetic that was.

hGOzG.gif

Very pathetic.

hGOzG.gif

Very Pathetic

That guy must be related to Rivaldo :D I remember when he did this to us(Turkiye) in 2002..

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

What also was very pathetic was how Brazil got handed a goal instead of a red for Fabiano's Harlem Globetrotter act.

Personally, I think the old fogeys in charge need to hurry up and retire, or die(Blatter, Platini etc) so some young blood can come in and introduce a video review system that can overrule stuff like this. There's ways of doing it to make sure the flow of the game isnt interrupted.

Its the 21st Century FIFA - wake up! Its just ridiculous how the whole crowd can watch how it was an unfair decision, but the decision still stands!

Also: Bye-Byes to Greece and France. You play like fools... you get ousted like fools. I'd love to see Italy go next(Boo@Lippi), but they have a knack for clinging on...

mtfbwya

Manchester United bought/ruined by stock market: $800 million

Incompetent reff's ruining a WC: ? million angry supporters

The denying of electronic help for refs: Millions of marriages

Stonewalling Platini for the 6+5 rule: Idiots

But a Vuvuzela in Blatters behind: Priceless.

Seriously, the guy's an idiot. I could manage the Fifa better.

OT: I thought after the New Zealand match that a deliberate hand-ball was red? Maybe because Fabiano made two, there isn't a card color for that yet? What's red + red?

Game was played after that...Ivory Coast gave up and started irritating...

OTA: New sitcom idea: "Everybody hates Raymond?"

Seriously, the guy's an idiot. I could manage the Fifa better.

He should have stuck to being president of the "World Society of Friends of Suspenders" - an organisation of about 120 blokes who protested about women replacing suspenders with panty hose :thmbup1:

Maybe because Fabiano made two, there isn't a card color for that yet? What's red + red?

They could use one of these cards perhaps :D

FABIANO.png

mtfbwya

0-0 right now in the 1st half between England and Slovenia.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

England and US are through. Is it just me or are the English quite uninspiring to watch?

It looks like they'll likely be meeting Germany in the next round, so we'll see how they measure up then ;)

mtfbwya

England and US are through. Is it just me or are the English quite uninspiring to watch?

When have England ever been inspiring to watch? :xp: They play awful football generally - are usually negative, and haven't produced a player who can properly dribble a football since Gascoigne; Not a team for the purists...

Archived