Home

2010 FIFA World Cup

Astor

When have England ever been inspiring to watch? :xp: They play awful football generally - are usually negative, and haven't produced a player who can properly dribble a football since Gascoigne; Not a team for the purists...

Funny you mentioned Gazza. That was definitely the last time I remember being thrilled when watching England play...

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

I cant believe that was 14 years ago....man I'm gettin old :(

Woot= Italy OUT!

Brad Pitt has a message for the Italian Squad

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Can't wait for the BLOCKBUSTER tomorrow night - I hope they actually go for a win, not just play out a draw. I'm going for Portugal purely because I like the colour or their jerseys better :)

mtfbwya

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My italian blood notwithstanding, I say good riddance to Lippi and company. Not getting five stars on your shirts this year, you won't.

Can't wait for the BLOCKBUSTER tomorrow night - I hope they actually go for a win, not just play out a draw. I'm going for Portugal purely because I like the colour or their jerseys better :)

I'm hoping for a good show too. Although I think people are expecting more of Portugal than what'd be advised. Just a single game against a particularly weak adversary is not the best way to analyze how good a team is.

Also, if we win, I'm getting a day off on monday so yeah. ^^

BOO to Brazil and Portugal for wasting 90 minutes of the worlds time. If ever teams deserved to be booed off the pitch for not bothering... it was THAT game :(

Agreed. I was under impression that the tie was decided between the two teams even before the game started. A boring game that made me remember why I dislike Dunga's style so much.

But Cristiano Ronaldo voted as the best player on that match? Please.

Hopefully Spain (game's starting now it seems) will provide a better show.

I guess Brazil will play against Spain, and Portugal against Chile.
Nope, Chile plays Brazil and Spain Portugal.

I was hoping for something more for Chile, I really love their game. They really put Spain to the test with beautiful combinations in the first half, it's just a shame of those defensive errors and the recklessness of some players. Young team, holds much promise I think, but I doubt at this time, they can stop Brazil.

1/8 finales are looking good. England v Germany and Spain v Portugal are big matches on paper, though I have more hopes for a good game for the latter than the former.

Overall yes, though the last ten minutes was as painful as the Portugal v Brazil match!

Yeah, they were just holding off on that last part of the second half.

Chile's still a tough nut to crack. Between our South American neighbours, their football is one of the less liked for me, that's why it's such a pleasant surprise to see they doing so well right now. Still, I don't think their overly offensive style will work against better rounded up teams, like Spain just now.

In fact, and let me put it forward before I'm proven wrong in the next matches, this Cup may be in Africa, but it's seemingly more fit for the S.American teams than anyone else.

England and US are through. Is it just me or are the English quite uninspiring to watch?

It looks like they'll likely be meeting Germany in the next round, so we'll see how they measure up then ;)

mtfbwya

Here in Scotland, we hate the English, because I'm Belgian, and World Cup 1990 happened, I especially hate the English even more...

Deutschland Uber alles!!!

A game against Spain would be the event of this Cup.

I know I'm a biased Barca fan, but when Spain do their lovely passing game, it's so pretty to watch(as long as it's followed up by attacking football).

If anyone remembers one of the very first games when Capello was in charge of England, they were playing France. For the first 45 minutes they were trying SO hard to keep the ball at each others feet and knock it around. They couldn't manage it properly, and it was extremely funny :D

mtfbwya

Uruguay 2-1 South Korea

USA 1-2 Ghana

I kind of expected Uruguay to score more, but the Ghana-USA match was really good. Ghana deserved the win but I think the US could have pulled it to penalties. But they played really well though, too bad they got knocked out.

Wow that means either Uruguay or Ghana will make it into the Semi Finals!!! and from there its a 50/50 (well Its Proberly against Brazil who have not looked amazing) so there could be one of them in the Final!!! :) come on urugauy bring the World Cup Home

Great games both :) I love knockout football!! Comiserations to US fans, though you can be proud of your players for putting in their all in every match - something you can't say about some of the first class footballing nations.

Tonight is going to be epic!!

I would love to see Mexico get revenge for 2006, but I dont think they have the confidence to do it... though being a Barca fan I really want to see El Phenomon get on the scorer sheet!

I would prefer to see England beat Germany, but based on form displayed so far..... who knows.

Little Pico, our Chihuahua knows who he's going for tonight :D

duke.png

mtfbwya

Archived