Home

2010 FIFA World Cup

Astor

Well What Interessting Quarter Finals we have.

The Pride of Africa Ghana vs Uruguay. Im Going for a Evenly Matched Game but Uruguay Grasping a Win.

Is it Finally Hollands Year? Well they have a Excellent chance if they can Topple Brazil. I Think Brazil will Win But im Backing Holland in that Match

Argentina vs Germany. Some of the best Moments in this World Cup has come from These Teams. I Think Germany's team may be too Young to Beat Argentina but Ozil and the Rest of the German squad have Proved there No Lightwights.

Paraguay vs Spain...... Well I would Love to see Paraguay win, i dont think it will Happen.

Urugauy for 2010 Glory!!!!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man of the match: Eduardo, the goalkeeper.

Well deserved too. I want him on my team.

Man the quater finals matches are going to be great other than Spain vs. Paraguay. My possible predictions:

Match 1:

Brazil 2 - Holland 1 ( Robben scores the only goal for Holland late in the second half )

Brazil 1 - Holland 1 ( Brazil goes through by penalties )

Match 2:

Argentina 1 - Germany 1 ( Higuain sneaks one in the second half taking the game into overtime. I'm unsure who will win at this point )

Match 3:

Spain 3 - Paraguay 0 ( Villa scores 2, Iniesta scores 1 )

Match 4:

Urugauy 1 - Ghana 0

VIVA LA ESPANA! Portugal, the perennial chokers, played quite uninspiringly. Im sick of seeing the Ronaldo Nike and Castrol commercials on TV.

Those Nike commercials are a curse.. Ronaldo, Cannavaro and Rooney have all had a crap tourney :D

Spain vs Paraguay will be good. Paraguay are solid performers.

I'm hoping Argentina will get rid of Germany. If I wanted to watch robots play sport, I'd just watch this:

DEUTSCHE FOOTBALL AT ITS SOULFUL BEST!

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

mtfbwya

Hmmm..Spain vs. Portugal was...nice.

Portugal played purely on the defense, I would've done the same in their shoes.

It's just...who's idea was it to give that overrated camera spitting idiot the captain band? Didn't even sing at the national anthem, only went for the schwalbe all game long. Bah. :( and that's why he will never be as good as Messi. Messi works for his team, opposed to Ronaldo, who thinks the team will work for him.

Maybe a new coach who can pull that little brat down from his pink cloud would be good for Portugal.

Netherlands was bad...again. All the flashiness from the tournament preparation matches wasn't there. It's very strange...like their way of playing isn't possible against defending teams. I hope it's different against Brazil!

W00t! CONGRATS to our Dutch Friends! *points at Z* !! \o/

They played like a team that was hungry for a result. Whilst not the prettiest football, it was good to see some determination. It reminded me of the way our boys played in Euro 2008.

Good on 'em!

mtfbwya

Netherlands 2-1 Brazil.

Brazil are out!!!

About friggin' time, seriously. I was really getting sick of hearing how "great" the Brazilians are when all they've been doing this tournament was displaying sub-standard performance against clearly weaker teams and expecting to win against the Dutch.

Great game by Netherlands, they truly deserve it. They bounced back from 1-0 to beat the Brazilians and send em packing.

About friggin' time, seriously. I was really getting sick of hearing how "great" the Brazilians are when all they've been doing this tournament was displaying sub-standard performance against clearly weaker teams and expecting to win against the Dutch.

Great game by Netherlands, they truly deserve it. They bounced back from 1-0 to beat the Brazilians and send em packing.

Totally this.

Holland and Portugal I think are the greatest teams to never win the world cup. This could be Hollands year.

And have any of you followed the Fabregas Situation. He was planning to leave arsenal to go to Braca but then i thinking seeing Xavi and Inesta play for spain and him on the bench has made him re-think the move. And come out saying he never said he was going to leave, so he doesnt get Abuse if he stays :p

Also I Real think it would be the stuff that Fairytales are made of if Ghana won the World Cup, But i do Like the Urugauy team..... Grrrr Im so Torn

While we're reading Felipe Melo's gallows as of now.

Bur really, it was totally now only his fault. The players called by Dunga and his obvious lack of experience only led to sub-par displays against much weaker teams. When we finally faced a team with good technique, we lost.

May this be a lesson for 2014. Now go, Spain! Show us true, beautiful football.

Now go, Spain! Show us true, beautiful football.

It might just be my Barca bias, but when they knock he ball around, it is wondrous to behold.

I read that Dunga has already 'officially resigned'...lolz. that was quick! This time tomorrow we'll probably be reading the same thing about Maradona :D

mtfbwya

Wow... Gyhana really deserved to win this match... the goal was going in, and then a hand from Suares...

I'm really disappointed because Ghana was doing well, and they give all what they could in the last action, and when finally they were going to score, the hand, even if it has a penalty after, the goal was initially going inside. It's really a dirty move, i should be a rule that says that a goal stopped by the hand of a player get automatically valid...

Well actually, Suarez was standing behind the goal line when he put up his hands, so it probably should have been declared a goal. But I don't know, maybe that works only with keepers. I would have really liked to see Ghana play Netherlands in the semis. They did well just to get to this level.

Good to know Geek is Chic in the Netherlands too :)

28263.jpg

As for tonite... I hope the Argies can pull it off.. it has been amusing hearing them and the Krauts trash talk over the last few days. If it goes to penalties though, I think Germany would have it sewn up.

and of course.... VIVA LA ESPANA!! Though I'd be equally delighted if a hard working Paraguay got a deserving win in regulation time.

mtfbwya

and of course.... VIVA LA ESPANA!! Though I'd be equally delighted if a hard working Paraguay got a deserving win in regulation time.

As much as there's bad blood between the Brazil and Argentina's national team, I'm torn between supporting a S.American team in this CONMEBOL takeover or the good spanish displays. Although I'd certainly cheer if Paraguay made it through, I'd have some trouble in supporting Maradona.

Also, Philipp Lahm is right, South Americans are impulsive, termperamental and don't know how to lose. Hopefully, Germany goes down today.

Whooo yes baby! Germany 4-0 Argentina.

They're really decimating the world bigs this time. Both England and Argentina went home with 4 goals against em. What shabby defending from Argentina. At least their offense looked really promising in the latter part of the first half and beginning of the second. But they lost their steam after the 2nd goal and it was just a trip downhill from then on.

Germany SO deserve this cup.

Archived