Home

2010 FIFA World Cup

Astor

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Germany SO deserve this cup.

Am I the only one dreading a Germany v Holland final. What a sad day for passionate +/- beautiful football that would be. I'd rather watch my mobile phone have sex with a USB port :(

I'd love to see a Uruguay v Spain final, though that is perhaps wishful thinking ;)

I'm pleased that Spain have made it through. They really need to do their homework. Germany is not the unstoppable force some of their results suggest. Argentina got through them plenty of times, they just couldn't scrape a decent shot together !

I love how they lost just as badly as the worst team in the world cup.

DPR Korea's 7-0 loss to Portugal qualifies as the "worst loss", then there is the 4-0 Germany inflicted on Oz.

mtfbwya

Am I the only one dreading a Germany v Holland final. What a sad day for passionate +/- beautiful football that would be. I'd rather watch my mobile phone have sex with a USB port :(
It's the worst case scenario in my book. My excitement for the WC has been decimated after Holland won against Brazil. I'm still going to support Germany if it comes to a Holland v Germany final, but I'm putting my faith in Spain.

God knows what would happen if Holland won the cup. The Orange Legion already crossed the borders weeks ago, more orange will burn my eyes out.

I'd love to see a Uruguay v Spain final, though that is perhaps wishful thinking ;)

I'm pleased that Spain have made it through. They really need to do their homework. Germany is not the unstoppable force some of their results suggest. Argentina got through them plenty of times, they just couldn't scrape a decent shot together !

DPR Korea's 7-0 loss to Portugal qualifies as the "worst loss", then there is the 4-0 Germany inflicted on Oz.

mtfbwya

I don't blame Holland for playing this way. We used to play attractive in the past and won nothing. Jose Mourinho ruined modern football by proving defending with 9 people beats teams as Barcelona and Bayern, who play with passion and flair. Many national teams played the same way as Inter this WC. Holland has simply adapted and plays the way Germany used to. Controlling, only attacking when there's the option to do so. Then you won't lose to those teams.

A Holland vs. Germany finale would be awesome in my opinion. Germany plays the most 'passionate' football, where Holland used to do so.

And Germany is just awesome this WC. They play very daring and attractive football. And I'm blown away by Schweinsteiger and Müller. They dominate. Just dominate. Germany has two controlling midfielders that sometimes end up in an opponents '16. That means they have 6 'offensive' capable players, awesome.

Spain...is an extremely talented team. But it proves my theory that they needed 83 minutes to make that goal. Playing the way they do is awesome, just awesome, but Villa can't win against 8 defenders. The way they play is admirable and I hope they get through, based on their intention to play alone.

Fact remains that they will have a difficult match ahead of them. Alonso could potentially get overrun by the German midfield since Xavi and Iniësta tend to play a bit deeper.

PS: About passionate football, Uruguay played with 8 defending players. Only Suarez and Forlan were allowed to think of attacking. So much for passion. They play Inter-ish as well.

if everyone would just drop their preconceived belief's, they would see that Germany is playing with a lot of flair, good passing, quick wingers, skilled midfielders, lots of overlaping surprising opposing defenses...

that's better than anything Brazil has produced for the last 4 years... and i'm brazilian!!!

Holland did tone down their style a lot,beeing the offensivist(is that a word) that i am it's kinda sad to see... i think they would benefit greatly if they had a player with Davids skillset, quick to defend, quick to attack, good passer, on this team,right now they're a bit... static and slow, still, managed to beat us...

Spain is doing their usual thing, possesssion football, skilled midfielders, extremely good passing, but their current formation makes than a bit slower than on the euro, i think David Silva was playing and Busquets wasn't part of the team... and Torres is totally off in this WC,it's difficult to criticise a team's center forward, he might burn you the next game lol,but i think he should be taken out for either Pedro or Lorente

and ztalker you are wrong about Uruguai... sometimes there's a third guy coming to join the attack,sometimes... lol

I skipped reading all that just to tell Z that he has a penis for a watering can...>_>

Someone PM-ed me about that as well xp

It's a character from an Belgian cartoon about a gnome called Wesley...insane humor. And it's intended to be drawn in a bad way.

It's a watering can, nothing more....this is A PG-13 board ;)

OT: Totally agree with mstr kenobi. Exactly my sentiments.

As a Dutchman I'm anything but neutral but I admit the Dutch aren't playing the way they should and agree this should change. Germany and Spain should be in the finale, based on their playstyle.

But Germany is playing very fresh and attractive. I still can't see why Holland - Germany would be a bad finale. Except then for the fact Germany will beat Holland easily. Van Bommel and De Jong can't handle players like Schweinsteiger, Müller and Özil who control a game ánd go deep.

@ mstr kenobi:

They analyzed Uruguay on tv last night. And most of the time they wait, conquer the ball, play it to Forlan, and go from there. Only 2 people 'ahead' of the ball, 8 people behind it at all times...but like you said, sometimes a midfielder goes forward as well. Inter Milan-ish as well.

i agree with you about Uruguay, my comments were just a bad attempt at irony.

I also agree that Van Bommel and De Jong are what makes Holland predictable and slow, they just put all the playmaking on Sneijder's(who is world class) back, a skilled defensive midfielder would go a long way into helping him, without losing the defensive balance.

Both Spain and Germany have a lot more quality options in the middle.

Even so, Holland chances are just as good as anybody, anything can happen

By the way things are looking I'd say there are two possible outcomes:

1.) Holland v. Germany for the final. Germany win 2-0.

2.) There winning streak comes to an end, and due to bad play Holland prevail 2-1.

Germany has done a lot of winning, and that always comes to an end...

congrats to Holland... seems like they were just a but hungrier for it than Uruguay... just
Haven't seen the match, but I do think Uruguay could've had more chance if they didn't have to miss some of their better players. But then again, that's part of the WC and Holland does have more quality than Uruguay.

And Well, we must remember that one of the reasons why they didn't have some of their other players it's deserved, for example Suares... If he wasn't in the bench, then it would be Ghana in this semi final, and not Uruguay.

(by the way I'm still pissed about it... )

Archived