Home

2010 FIFA World Cup

Astor

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spain won! :D It was incredibly intense between the two countries, but Spain played extraordinarily well, even better then Germany, and ultimately deserved the victory. Germany, like Argentina, will be going home and weeping.

Spain: 1, Germany: 0.

(Yes, I hate the German Soccer Team.)

Although I was waving German colours, I have to say, that was a really miserable performance from them compared to what they did to Argentina and England. It's like Revan ran out of medpacks against Malak and died. Jeez, what the heck were they up to in this match?

Spain deserved to win. They had a much tighter defense and handled the ball better. I guess Germany will have to wait for EURO '12 now.

For the finals though, VIVA ESPANA!!

I feel sorry for Germany. They in my opinion are the better team, they simply played bad. Congrats though to Spain on their victory!

I have a feeling this will be a great match. Two teams who have never made it to the finals before battling it out for the World Cup title.

DRINKS ARE ON ME & PENELOPE CRUZ! :D

penelope-cruz24.jpg

mtfbwya

Damn Astro. You almost got me cheer for Spain!

I have to give you credit though. This match against Germany...there were phases where they played insane football. Especially that action from Xabi Alonso, where 3 Spanish strikers tore the German defense apart. Damn.

Anyways. In response to your Penelope Cruz bribe, I offer the people of Ahto Wesley Sneijder's girlfriend:

yolanthe.jpg

And Rafael van der Vaart's wife...

foto-rafael-van-der-vaart-sylvie-van-der-vaart-en-ropa-interior.jpg

Drinks are on me too. Heinekens!!!!

I have a feeling this will be a great match. Two teams who have never made it to the finals before battling it out for the World Cup title.
Holland already played (and lost) two World Cup finals, in 1974 and 1978, the first against West Germany, the second against Argentina.

Paul once again predicts Spain will win this weekend. I'm pulling for Netherlands so I'm all for turning him into sushi when the Oranje win.

Do not doubt the predictive powers of the octopus!

m02d20100709t2i150219624w460fhfwllp.jpg

I'm just happy Germany are out. Whichever wins out of Spain or Holland, it is a *new* winner and that is great to see.

mtfbwya

I'll kill that Octopus if Holland really loses! :indif:

Anyway, I must honestly admit that I think there a 65/35 chance in favor of Spain to win. Their midfield is...too good to be true. And Hollands midfield is...flawed.

De Jong will go mad by Iniesta and Xavi's play...and our defenders...they play in the European sub-top. Facing Villa...probably the best 'classic' striker in the world, who receives passes from two of the most gifted midfielders of the world.

Previous matches though, Spain didn't really shine. They faced a wall of defenders. But Holland is a 'playmaking' squad as well, so there will be space for Spain to operate in.

I do think Xabi will have a difficult time with Sneijder and the Spanish backs are (imo) rubbish. Ramos is the most overrated back there is. And the way he acts, like he's the star of Real (he demanded the same salary as Beckham back in the day, I believe?) is annoying. But he'll face Kuyt, who will annoy him for the entire match.

We'll see. But with only 1 world-class defending midfielder (Van Bommel) against Xavi and Iniesta, I think the case is clear.

2-1 for Spain.

Your magic worked Astro :) I've never seen a squad play so good against Germany. Schweinsteiger and Kedira were simply overrun and overclassed.

Well they redeemed themselves a bit against Uruguay today.

Germany 3-2 Uruguay

Something tells me the finals will not be anywhere near as fun to watch as this match was. Both teams were equally good when they had the ball. And it was good to see Loew giving the benched players an opportunity to play, and it certainly paid off.

Maybe he should have done that against Spain :xp:

Oh well, the Spanish play the Dutch less that 24 hours. Either way, we'll have a brand new team with a star on their jerseys, so may the best team win.

Archived