Home

2010 FIFA World Cup

Astor

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spain 1-0 Holland

Well, the better team won this game. Congratulations SPAIN!!!

My only complaint is that stupid ref kept blowing on his damn whistle throughout the match. Reminded me immediately of the crap that the Serbia-Germany ref was doing in that match.

Or was it the same guy?

deserved, ugly game though, holland coudn't stop fouling and the ref did a terrible job controling the match

Agreed, being British, I thought it a joke Howard Webb was even a referee at the finals, says it all for how incompetent and frankly crap FIFA are for thinking he was good enough to ref the final. The Dutch were an absolute disgrace, De Jong should of been sent of in the first half, pick two from a dozen for why Van Bommel should of been off, Heitinga did far less for his two bookings than Van Bommel.

van Marwijk (the Dutch) manager, said you don't win anything with Total Football anymore, well at least the Dutch sides of 74' and 78' played football, and some of the best ever seen... What will the 2010 vintage really be remembered for?

Overall the games I think have been a bit of a disappointment really, teams seem to be adopting Jose Mourinho's cowardly tactics, the few teams who didn't were Chile, Argentina and Spain. I'm amused at how over-hyped a very good German team has become, they are a counter attacking side, not a free flowing football team.

Hopefully Brazil 2014, will have more attacking plays...

Whew, escaped an orange apocalypse. Definitely a deserved win for Spain. Iniesta played superb. Never mind Messi or Ronaldo, Iniesta's the real star. But how awful were the Dutch? De Jong made an absolutely horrible fault and it's still a mystery for me why Van Bommel hasn't gotten a red card in this whole tournament. Their way of playing wasn't worthy of a champion.

Oh, and Jimmy Jump was present. No big event is complete without him! Gratz to Paul the octopus as well! :)

De Jong's "move" belongs in a MMA octagon, not on football game.

Every play that Van Bommel is a part of is a foul, he doesn't even try going the ball, he just fouls the guy in possession, how he got away with it is beyond me...

some refs are afraid punish players and influence the game, well, if you let someone deliberately infringe the rules over and over and over again... you're already influencing the game :¬:

De Jong's "move" belongs in a MMA octagon, not on football game.

Every play that Van Bommel is a part of is a foul, he doesn't even try going the ball, he just fouls the guy in possession, how he got away with it is beyond me...

some refs are afraid punish players and influence the game, well, if you let someone deliberately infringe the rules over and over and over again... you're already influencing the game :¬:

Whew, escaped an orange apocalypse. Definitely a deserved win for Spain. Iniesta played superb. Never mind Messi or Ronaldo, Iniesta's the real star. But how awful were the Dutch? De Jong made an absolutely horrible fault and it's still a mystery for me why Van Bommel hasn't gotten a red card in this whole tournament. Their way of playing wasn't worthy of a champion.

Oh, and Jimmy Jump was present. No big event is complete without him! Gratz to Paul the octopus as well! :)

I'm not justifying any of the fouls made by the Dutch, but Iniesta does do a great deal of rolling on the groud and he is never quick to get up. Not to mention it's hard for any team to play a side with half the players under 5'5.

I'm not justifying any of the fouls made by the Dutch, but Iniesta does do a great deal of rolling on the groud and he is never quick to get up. Not to mention it's hard for any team to play a side with half the players under 5'5.

:confused: Iniesta, continually got smashed by various Dutch players I'm not sure what he's expected to do and I thought he generally got up really quickly, Van Bommel attempting to get him sent off was utterly laughable, also if there was anyone who is a master floor roller then its Arjen Robben... (Though I actually really like Robben, if you were going to moan about Spanish player theatrics, Busquets would be the logical one to go after, the way he goes down you'd think there were several snipers in the ground).

^^

Actually I think Robben stayed up most of the game. For one incdent, Puyol had his arm around Robben and if he had gone down he could have gotten the ref to send off Puyol, but he just kept going for the goal. Too bad he messed up the shot.

Congrats to Spain for finally making it!

So, indeed the third place game was better than the final, but it was still an exciting game. Both sides didn't have many goals opportunties, but the few that they had were amazingly wasted. Namely Sergio Ramos and Robben.

Anyway, it's starting to get repetitive, Holland. You guys need a Cup, and urgently. :p

@Ctrl-ALt-Del. can we crash at your place if we can make it there in 4 years time? ;)

Lolol, you're free to. Not plenty of space around but we can work around that, since the opening + final game are probably going to be in Rio so we can just watch it live from the stadium. :thmbup1:

Jut read J7's response.

Holland was the team on the competition that did most of the falling down. Oh, and the drama. They sure are excellent actors. Every tackle and some good challenges resulted in an orange leaping toward the ground...

What a disapointment...

Holland was playing anti-spain instead of playing their own game. You don't deserve a cup then.

Congrats to Spain, although every Spain-fan around here has to admit the Ref was much on the Spain side. Many fouls that were awarded with yellow for the Dutch players were ignored if made by a Spanish player.

Puyol falling/tackling a player who could score is simply red. That goes for De Jong too though. An embarrassment a player like him plays in the Dutch squad. It shows the new play style...a defending body builder, with Van Der Vaart on the bench.

Big disappointment that Pedro played by the way. Even a not-fit Torres or Fabregas is 100% better then him. And far more elegant..

But at least Spain tried to play football. Based on their playstyle alone, they deserve this. It's wonderful to see that a midfield of 3 'playmaking' players (Xavi, Iniesta, Xabi controls but can do it too) that Germany and Spain showed us is still the way too go in a time where Mourinho-style of play is the norm.

What a disapointment...

Holland was playing anti-spain instead of playing their own game. You don't deserve a cup then.

Congrats to Spain, although every Spain-fan around here has to admit the Ref was much on the Spain side. Many fouls that were awarded with yellow for the Dutch players were ignored if made by a Spanish player.

Wrong, Spain ended up with 5 yellows also, some not deserved either.

Puyol falling/tackling a player who could score is simply red. That goes for De Jong too though. An embarrassment a player like him plays in the Dutch squad. It shows the new play style...a defending body builder, with Van Der Vaart on the bench.

Puyol did grab him, but never really stopped Robben, he could've had a foul at the edge of the box, but he just wanted to go for goal/penalty and failed both...

Big disappointment that Pedro played by the way. Even a not-fit Torres or Fabregas is 100% better then him. And far more elegant...

Agreed, Fabregas made all the difference when he came on, though he should've played the ball to Villa who was practically unmarked instead of going for goal himself at one point...

Best team won, simple as that, and I'm quite glad they did cause they play beautiful football, as a team...

Roll on Euro 2012, Astro, it looks like our teams will meet again, in the same qualifying group as Germany looolz

Roll on Euro 2012, Astro, it looks like our teams will meet again, in the same qualifying group as Germany looolz

Belgium were in our WC qualifying group too.....quit stalking us!

Here is a nice send off for the WC :) Aww, Casillas is so damn lucky, I dont know why the heck he is crying... tears of joy I guess. I'd be jumping around like Lil Jon

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

mtfbwya

Belgium were in our WC qualifying group too.....quit stalking us!

Here is a nice send off for the WC :) Aww, Casillas is so damn lucky, I dont know why the heck he is crying... tears of joy I guess. I'd be jumping around like Lil Jon

mtfbwya

If you'd be separated from a woman like that for five weeks, you´d be jumping too :)

If you'd be separated from a woman like that for five weeks, you´d be jumping too :)

She's a football reporter and often stands behind his goal in the Primera. For the WC, she was doing all the post match interviews, which Casillas had managed well so far. Everyone was wondering if he would act as himself if they won, I don't think anyone was too surprised with what happened. It was quite sweet. With all the money, the showponies and shenanigans in the World Cup this year, it was a pleasant, human moment.

Of course, when Spain lost their opener, she was getting blamed for being a distraction to Casillas :) It's lucky they won, and Casillas played OK... life might be very different for her otherwise!

Bring on the Euros! Qualifiers start next month :) England will play Hungary in August, and it will be interesting to see how the rebuilt Italian team go, finally with Antonio Cassano back in the squad.

mtfbwya

Archived