Home

Vista Capable?

spartan181

On a slightly related note, my little brother wanted to play Knights of the Old Republic, and since 2 different friends of mine as well as my own copy of it for Xbox were stolen by the incredible games stealing fairy, I, ahem, acquired it for PC. Getting it to run on Windows 7 is a pain. You must run the installer in XP SP3 compatibility mode, then add the line "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1" to your swkotor.ini file in the Graphics Options section to make it play nice with newer video cards/vista/Win7.

Just thought I'd add this information in case anyone else (like me) felt like playing through KotOR again :)

*Hates not being able to play Kotor in widescreen resolutions*

You should play it at 800x600 for the nostalgic feeling. Even better if it stretches out to your 16:10 or 16:9 screen. Now you're really playing old PC games! :thmbup1:

once upon a time, i made a useful post http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=158752

Ah yes, I've seen that, but alas, I am running KotOR through Steam, and apparently it won't work without using a fixed exe, which violates Steam's terms of service. If it comes down to it I suppose I can crack it, but I'd prefer not to, if at all possible.

I'll give it a shot this afternoon.

Archived