Home

Iphone 4: I hate you Steve Jobs

Apple CEO has confirmed all the rumors regarding the IPhone 4 at Apple's World Wide Developer conference including the design and features leaked previously by Gizmodo.

Live Blog of Apple WWDC here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ytech_wguy/ytech_wguy_tc2428

I know that it probably shouldn't but this irritates the hell out of me. I understand that products evolve and what not, but I've had my IPhone 3GS for only about 8 months and this whole release a product and then less than a year later release a new improved version seems to be a trend with Apple...

Don't get me wrong...I love my IPhone, but their development strategy is frusterating.

It is the trend with everyone. MS even does it every year with Office.

Tell me about it.

3 months after buying Master Collection 4 (Adobe), v5 comes out :¬:

I'm already eligible for an iPhone upgrade (been holding out to see if Apple pulled their usual shenanigans.. hehe) so I guess now I can finally look forward to the new model. :D

True I suppose...I don't know why it gets to me...I guess because I would love to have the new features on the four but I know damn well I can't afford it but I suppose those who bought the original IPhone and IPad probably felt the same.

Sadly I'm not due for an upgrade for a couple of years.

Sadly I'm not due for an upgrade for a couple of years.

They'll let you upgrade anytime, just not at the usual discount (trust me though, it WILL hurt the wallet). It's an option at least... just not a very cheap one. Depends on how much mileage you get out of your phone if it is worth it. :)

It is the trend with everyone. MS even does it every year with Office.

Every year? Where's Office 2008 or 2009? Office 2010 isn't even released yet. Apple is the only one who has quick life-cycles like these...

That's how they keep their products at such a high price.

Every year? Where's Office 2008 or 2009? Office 2010 isn't even released yet. Apple is the only one who has quick life-cycles like these...
Sorry, almost every year. Happy now? :rolleyes:

:xp:

Really don't have a problem with Apple doing this for a couple reason. 1. They seem to improve the iphone with every update (unlike Office which has gotten worse) and 2. I own Apple stock. :)

Does anyone think that Apple simply makes their products in a specific way so they will become "obsolete" within a certain time-period so that they can sell a new model very shortly after the release of the first product? I understand that this is practiced by some companies, but I always get the feeling that Apple does it not to keep costs down...but to keep prices up on their products...just a thought.

Does anyone think that Apple simply makes their products in a specific way so they will become "obsolete" within a certain time-period so that they can sell a new model very shortly after the release of the first product? I understand that this is practiced by some companies, but I always get the feeling that Apple does it not to keep costs down...but to keep prices up on their products...just a thought.

Agreed.

Here in Holland, there was somekind of embargo on the 3G. Since THIS April the 3G can be sold by more companies then just T-Mobile (T-mobile that sucks here).

So many people got the 3G full priced here, since it's 'new' for most people. And now that the Iphone 4 will come out, people will pay for the exclusivity, and a year later the rest can buy it full priced after which the Iphone 5 will launch.

My phone-contract is ready to be renewed so I might go after the Iphone 4 and not be screwed in the behind like people with the 3g where here.

Many astute commentators pointed out that Apple is doing to the phone market what MS has done with the desktop pc market >> aiming for low end users and mega bucks. Whilst not necessarily a good or bad thing, it just stings to those who knows that Jobs spent decades shooting his mouth off about Microsoft for doing exacly what he is doing now.

Luckily we now have alternatives....RIMs Blackberry, The google android platform, and Windows Phone7, not to mention other proprietary systems such as Nokia's symbian variants.

As already shown in my techforum post > here are a couple of key demographic images Jobs presented...

Gramps

apple-wwdc-2010-374-rm-eng.jpg

Octomomz

apple-wwdc-2010-415-rm-eng.jpg

Meanwhile, the android platform grows at a staggering rate, and the new Windows Phone 7 platform is just around the corner. It's definitely an interesting time in phone market.

Still, only the little green robot(built on Linux) can dance so awesomely

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

mtfbwya

Too bad its stuck on ATT and they're fantastic service that can occasionally be found outside of major cities. Because high speed internet and all the apps that require it are so useful when your phone becomes a paperweight 20 minutes out of city limits.

Archived