Home

Iphone 4: I hate you Steve Jobs

I can't wait until some other carriers besides crappy AT&T cellular have iPhones.

The speculation that Verizon will jump in has always been there, but even as recently as the WWDC keynote, Jobs made no firm statement on it.

If you really just want to play iphoneOS games Jae, just get an ipod touch, because it waiting for a new carrier is a time consuming business. With an increasing number of Android devices shipping with 1Ghz+ chips and Tegra2 gpus(not to mention Windows Phone 7) its only a matter of time until the most popular mobile games will me released as cross platform titles. Android will have the added benefit of flash, so flash games are out for Apple phans.

mtfbwya

I know that it probably shouldn't but this irritates the hell out of me. I understand that products evolve and what not, but I've had my IPhone 3GS for only about 8 months and this whole release a product and then less than a year later release a new improved version seems to be a trend with Apple...

Don't get me wrong...I love my IPhone, but their development strategy is frusterating.

Same here I'm really annoyed I just got my 3GS 6 months ago and it f***s me off because there's nothing wrong with it but with this new one out now mine will feel cheap and old...

lolz@linkchatpost

Im not sure what regions it pertains to but HTC just announced that the HTC Desire, an android device with a 1.0Ghz snapdragon processor and delicious AMOLED screen will be coming in August to US Cellular and Cellular South.

If you like the idea of *silky smooth* NES/SNES/Genesis/GBA and PSX gaming on a handheld - then this device is for you. The Playstation1 emulator is soon to be released - I just cant wait to play FF9 again.

Ive been playing DK Country and Chrono Trigger on the SNESOID emu, it just works great.

If these carriers are in your area - at least go have a look at one come august ;)

nb. if any of you are from anywhere the the Apple store in Highland Park in Dallas Texas, if you ever drive past This guy camping out a week early be sure to send him your best wishes/weird stare/invective

mtfbwya

• 2 weeks later...

Public Service Announcement bump/sorry for double post.

Just for those that may not have heard the reports - if you happen to like using a phone with your left hand - you may want to watch the vid below and read this report

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

The antenna placement seems to be significantly affected when covered - actually dropping signal altogether. A common remedy is buying a protective case for the phone, but its just not good enough IMO. Similar issues first started occurring with the IP3G, you'd think they'd have fixed it....

Many other model phones will drop a bar or two in signal strength if you cover exactly where the antenna is, but losing signal altogether is just poor design. nb. this has been replicated across the world so is not just an AT&T gripe.

If you are considering getting an IP4. Think about a case, or at least check one out in person first.

mtfbwya

Archived