Home

Duros Head

Yameha

Hey guys, im new so if im breaking any rules just tell me.

I was thinking just a plain old duros head for when you create your character. That way you can still equip armor and so on, a lot them where gloves any way. You obviously wouldn't be able to wear helmets or masks or anything but that's all good. If one is already made please enlighten me, for the life of me i cant find anything anywhere. I dont know much about modding but it doesnt seem like a big project. Ive tried other mods but the only duros one i could find was the one by redrob that couldnt use any armor or anything. Sorry this is for KOTOR

Thanks Again

Hi Welcome to the Forum.

Im sorry to Say this But Since the Duros Head and Body Model There Would be No Current Mods that Allow you to be a Duros.

Someone would have to Cut the Duros Head of the Model and Then Put it On the Normal Human Body or Something.

But as of Now RedRob41 Mod is the Best Alternative i Believe (Note: I will Not be Taking this up )

Best of Luck and Enjoy your Time here

thanks guys but drexl how do i download that duros post thing red rob made? i dont see any download link

You don't see a link because he never released it. He only posted about it. You'd have to contact him directly (through a private message) about if you could use it.

But like I said,

We're not allowed to use that (too bad) so I mean that's how it would be done.

It's for the Revenge of Revan mod, so I highly doubt he'd publicly give it out yet. Just wait for the amazing mod to come out :)

I guess I could try this if you wanted, but I can't garuntee that 1. it would look good AT ALL and 2. if it would even work. I'll give this a shot later though.

Edit: I tried, but I don't know how to fix the eyes. I would say I'd work on it more but I really wouldn't know where to go, so if it sucks I'm sorry xD

Edit: Took off that embarrassing screen...

I know. I don't know how to fix that - the eyes don't export the same. I think I need to attach them and stuff but I don't feel like going through the process.

Edit: I might try another way - later. Don't count me out.

Edit 2: It's a success - kind of. It's very very buggy. I need to figure it out a bit more; don't know if I'll be able to get it to work.

thanks guys but drexl how do i download that duros post thing red rob made? i dont see any download link

no, there isn't a download link, because it's part of a mod that hasn't been released yet. TriggerGod is exactly right. Once upon a time I was thinking of doing a separate mod, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Who knows, after RoR is out, I might get back to it (if anyone is still playing Kotor games that far in the future :lol:)

I know. I don't know how to fix that - the eyes don't export the same. I think I need to attach them and stuff but I don't feel like going through the process.

yeah, I used the bald brown male (PMBM03 I think) because the model and skin are in both K1 and TSL. It looks like you used the same. I had the same problem with the eyes, and eventually I gave up. What I did was shrink the eyeballs and eyelids and hid them in the middle of the head area. I also hex edited them so that render=0 and shadow=0. That way, they won't be seen at all. Then I just took the center point of the eye cavity, and moved it out front so that it formed the round "eyeball". The result is that it doesn't move, (since it's still attached to the head) and it looks darker (the model still thinks that it's a hole, so it makes it shadowy). It works, and in the end, that's all that counts.

I never finished it as a K1 playable head, because

A) it is originally intended for RoR (a TSL mod).

B) It took a long time to do, and I didn't have time to re-do all that work with the K1 model.

C) I'm a completionist, so I wanted to also make a female version. I found that I could use the male head on a female body, and it would work ok. The animations were female (I might have had to hex edit the supermodel, I can't remember), but it pointed too far up, since the orientation of the male and female heads is slightly different (different coordinates of the head/body hooks).

It looks like you're on the right track Dak, and it certainly is possible.

I actually tried to do that with the eyes, but me being me I must have previously moved that vert by accident or something so I couldn't find it. While trying something completely different, I managed to get the actual duros head into place on the male body model. The problem here is while it looked great sitting still (chuckles) the head isn't really attacked to the body so it floats around during combat animations. I have a couple new ways I might try but I don't really know what'll happen.

Edot: Update - I successfully attached the Duros head to the body. Body has all working animations and can wear all clothes and armors,, but the head is stationary. I know this would be a major problem for a party member like Nindo, but as a PC head this would not bother me at all. Opinions?

Edit: Check out my WIP thread.

Archived