Home

New Trailer Coming Friday

Harkonnen07

Cinematics is all well and good but I would honestly have preferred to see more of the actual gameplay itself. Yes it was pretty...and perhaps revealed a bit more of story but as I said I would have preferred actual gameplay footage.

QFT.

A flashy CGI trailer is all well and good, but all it's actually worth is the small story hints...

Admittedly, it does sound vaguely interesting, though.

Here's a thought: Vader orders Starkiller to be executed and all of a sudden when he goes all stealth on the stormtroopers, he all of a sudden has two lightsabers as well. You would think if you're going to execute someone, they don't have access to weapons, especially a Force user who can call them by thought.

This is reminding me of Dark Empire more and more every time I see or hear something about it. They even mentioned that that story was one of their inspirations for this game's plot. I think it's possible that Galen uncovered the Emperor's secret to eternal life - soul transferral, by way of clones - and withheld it from Vader in the event that his master should betray him. The fact that the other clones go crazy and he does not may mean that he may possess the soul of the original Galen Marek, having successfully transferred his consciousness into one of the clones.

That said, it would be really cool if the first mission features Galen on some mission for Vader before the events of the first game (in between the game's prologue and the game proper, really) where he is sent to uncover some of the Emperor's secret teachings and comes upon the secret of eternal life, which Vader had been searching for ever since he lost Padme. But for some reason he does not tell Vader about it. The mission could end with an FMV that is a brief wrap-up of what happened in thew first game, culminating with Galen's death.

I know that probably won't be the case, but it's still fun to dream.

I think it's possible that Galen uncovered the Emperor's secret to eternal life - soul transferral, by way of clones. The fact that the other clones go crazy and he does not may mean that he may possess the soul of the original Galen Marek, having successfully transferred his consciousness into one of the clones.

I've thought about this part myself and i agree with the original soul of Galen going into a clone, after all, when Kota said he was 'one with the force' and yoda previously stated before that those that were completly one with the force had the ability to come back (Dont quote me for this, i don't remember what yoda said word for word but i believe it was something along that)

Hmmm...I took it from the trailer more that Vader was the one doing the cloning rather than Marek, both from the 'You have failed me' line and the cloning vats we see Vader inspecting at the end of the trailer.

I do agree that there must be something 'special' about this particular clone - as said, probably that he has successfully been remade as the lightside Marek, thus a failure for Vader. Which of course leaves open the possibility of fighting multiple Mareks in the endgame. :xp:

Hmmm....i admit a possiblity with the Shadow Guard...but an army of Galen clones? I'd find it..."bleh" if all the clones woke up at the same time, just to fight Galen. Maybe if one of them woke up and he followed the dark-side ending -> Lord Starkiller. Then the two fight. Though from what i'm watching....i really don't think Galen will die ~_~; at least i don't see a possible boss that would kill him, perhaps he will go after other sith due to the help of yoda's teachings.

The trailer was awesome!

Here's a thought: Vader orders Starkiller to be executed and all of a sudden when he goes all stealth on the stormtroopers, he all of a sudden has two lightsabers as well. You would think if you're going to execute someone, they don't have access to weapons, especially a Force user who can call them by thought.

Very good point. Some one pays attention to detail!

The one thing that caught my eye at the end it says games for windows.

Hmmm....maybe I'll pick it up then if it's a good PC game. I heard everywhere that TFU 1 was just a bad port with insane system specs...

OT: This little trailer reminded me of something. Anyone read the Thrawn trilogy?

Mount Tantiss where the Emperor and Thrawn were cloning on a massive scale? They used Ysalamir in the proces and the clones they produces were VERY different then the ones from the recent comics and tv series.

Maybe Vader is on Wayland in the last shot? Experimenting to create someone to help him overthrow the Emperor?

Also, Thrawn's Ysalamir technology made it possible to successfully CLONE Luke Skywalker....

Archived