Home

New Trailer Coming Friday

Harkonnen07

The Trailer does look pretty awesome, can't wait to read the book as well to go with the game, an hopefully this SK really isn't a clone, with this Trailer it seems to indicate he isn't, but shows clones toward the end of the trailer that a meant to be clones of him.hmmmmm.

Be interesting to see what the dark lord of the sith has in Plan for Galen & Galen & Galen. lolol

I saw the trailer 2 nights ago and I have to say, I was blown away! By the graphics and the shot of all the clones of him. That was just awesome!

I also like that he has two lightsabers now. He's steped up with his lightsaber and combat skills.

Can't wait til the more spoilers are released and the game comes out. Very eager to play!

Do you think Starkiller will have to fight clones of himself? That trailer was intense, the cinematics look much more improved and realistic this time round:D

I'm sure he will have to face another clone. I really like the idea, beside to quote him, "Vader can't stop me. Nothing can." -Well nothing, but himself. I think that's like a hidden spoiler for us fans.

Here's a thought: Vader orders Starkiller to be executed and all of a sudden when he goes all stealth on the stormtroopers, he all of a sudden has two lightsabers as well. You would think if you're going to execute someone, they don't have access to weapons, especially a Force user who can call them by thought.

I'm actually surprised Vader actually thinks Starkiller can be easily killed by simple StormTroopers. I mean, he took an entire Imperial Shipyard and Star Destroyer Facility in the pervious game. It's almost like he wanted him to escape or something?!?

It's almost like he wanted him to escape or something?!?

Well, there were twists through the story of the first one - that may just be one of them here, with Vader 'releasing' him to go and train, seek revenge, maybe do his job this time around. :xp:

Hmmm...I took it from the trailer more that Vader was the one doing the cloning rather than Marek, both from the 'You have failed me' line and the cloning vats we see Vader inspecting at the end of the trailer.

Well yeah, of course. That much is a given. I was talking about Galen's soul being transferred into a clone to be of his own doing; something that Vader did not expect with his little project, and would turn the whole thing on its head.

Also, combining Star Wars with God of War is a good thing in my book. ;)

I think it's possible that Galen uncovered the Emperor's secret to eternal life - soul transferral, by way of clones. The fact that the other clones go crazy and he does not may mean that he may possess the soul of the original Galen Marek, having successfully transferred his consciousness into one of the clones.

There's no way the apprentice is smart enough to do all the research and meditation and other **** that Palpatine spent decades doing before he could figure out soul transference.

It's almost like he wanted him to escape or something?!?

I'd think it possible. The trailer ends with a "not what it seems" kind of feel. If Vader really wanted him dead like he did on Corellia in the first game, he'd definitely do it himself.

That said, I, like others here, would have liked to see more gameplay footage. It's almost like LA is afraid to show their game, or something, and is instead throwing us movie-trailer style teasers to let us chew on story details.

I saw the trailer and did truly enjoy it. I'm a firm believer that the start of the trailer is not the exact start of the game and will be fleshed out in the start of the actual game. If not, he was chained down, I suppose...

I got the chance to see a demo played at E3 on Youtube and let me tell you: the new powers and targeting really works. They old powers look new, the new powers work well and look great, and the enemies are more meaningful to the place they are protecting.

The physics work even better than in the first, now that they've had more time working with all three engines. Very excited for this game.

I cant stop watching the trailer. It is honestly one of the best ive seen so far. If what

Son of Skywalker is saying is true , them DAMN im pumped lol. One thing im pondering though, is will they still have all the lightsaber customization and stuff ?

It would cool if you could change your hilt and the colour like the first one :D

Green and Bue all the way !!!

Good call guys.

My 2 cents:

I'm mainly looking out for what's different this time around. Seems some things in the game are definitely improved. I was really worried it was going to just be "more of the same." Nice to see some basic dismemberment, for example.

From everything I ever heard or saw, TFU:USE on the PC was identical to the Xbox 360 version. So it wasn't "bad." It just didn't offer the kinds of things we PC gamers are used to, like full customization options, flexible save functions, flexible editing, and multiplayer options. The saber system was more simplified than the one in Jedi Outcast/Academy. Doesn't mean it was a bad game, just disappointing when we're used to such high standards in a "Jedi" game. I understand "Force Unleashed" is its own series, but they're single player games (only the Wii port of the first game had even a basic multiplayer mode).

Even the fact that it was optimized for a 360 type pad controller wasn't necessarily bad. You weren't aiming guns and your saber was hack 'n' slash. Though I recall hearing people complain about the aiming system for the Force powers and the "look vs. camera pan" stuff. Hopefully they address that in this one.

Considering the updated editions and patches as usual, I would be tempted to wait on buying this one. But unlike the first game, I'm actually a little curious, considering the commitment to the PC format right out of the starting cage.

I haven't heard a word about multiplayer in Part II, though... has anyone else?

I would imagine that making multiplayer for a hack and slash game is not easy. Imagine 10 insanely overpowered people on a map. It would be just silly at some point. Still I think they could pull it of. What I'm thinking about is why would it be canceled? Is there something bigger on the horizon?

My only hope is that the PC version will have better code optimalization. TFU1 had insane minimum requirements. I actually hope that since Aspyr is developing the game at the same time as Lucasarts, they will lower the bar a little bit. If the specs are higher than the first one, well, my hopes will be lost.

There's no way the apprentice is smart enough to do all the research and meditation and other **** that Palpatine spent decades doing before he could figure out soul transference.

How do we know that it really took Palpatine that long to master the technique once he discovered it, though? Maybe it's easier than we think. After all, the dark side is said to be the quicker and easier path to everything.

The Wii version was just one on one. I guess they could work on making some kind of objective based modes. Imagine playing CTF with 'em...

(and they wouldn't have to have everyone have maxed out skills to start with anyhow)

How do we know that it really took Palpatine that long to master the technique once he discovered it, though? Maybe it's easier than we think. After all, the dark side is said to be the quicker and easier path to everything.

Use your head. That's how it works when it comes to really complicated Force processes. Considering that your Force ghost gets sent to Force hell if the attempt fails, you damn well better have spent a long time researching and ****. Furthermore, your quotation about the dark side making things easier is taken out of its proper context. In proper context, it means that Jedi turn to the dark side for power for easier solutions to problems, nothing to do with making it faster to learn those powers. Besides, even if it was easier to learn than we think (which we have no reason to believe), when would the apprentice have ever had learned that it existed, let alone have the time to figure it out?

No need to get testy, TKA. It's just a game.

Well, consider this: Anakin Skywalker got a crash course in preserving his consciousness after death from Obi-Wan and Yoda right after he died, and I think it's likely that he would have had only a small window of opportunity to perfect it before his soul faded away like anyone else's. There's something that takes a lifetime's worth of training and discipline learned on-the-spot right there, considering he'd never known anything about it until he saw Obi-Wan's body disappear (this is confirmed). What Anakin had going for him was that he had already won half the battle by dying in complete selflessness, which is the main requirement, according to George Lucas.

That's the light side version of the afterlife. As for the dark side version, and to answer your question of when Galen would have had time to discover and master Palpatine's secret, I provided this when I first proposed the theory: during the long period of time when he served as Vader's apprentice, before the events of the first game. I'm not sure how many years he served as Vader's apprentice, but I'm sure it must've been quite a few if he was trained from childhood to adulthood. I proposed an idea (which I know won't happen) where the game opens with a prologue mission that takes place many years before Galen's death, where he is sent to discover the Emperor's secret to eternal life and decided not to inform his master of his discovery.

I'm not usually one for fan theories, but this one interests me. This whole thing just reeks of Dark Empire all around, which the creative team mentioned served as one of their main inspirations for the plot. Yeah, it's kind of far-fetched, but hey, an even sillier theory that I thought there was no way in hell was plausible which proved to be true: when someone mentioned the whole cloning thing on Kamino. ;)

Just take the "EXCEPT ME" out and its all fine... :)

Whatever the process is... its is not complete and thats also the interesting part.

Also, it won't be impoissable that he is deliberately remade so he will once again sniff out the Alliance, given his known bond with Lady Eclipse.

given his known bond with Lady Eclipse.

Bow chika wow wow. Sorry had to say it.

If it is the real Galen only having transfered into a clone body then I predict a fight with a clone where they throw star destroyers at each other, like the fight between Sidious and Yoda :thmbup1:

Archived