Home

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: Endgame

Coruscant

“Sorry for the interruption master, but there is something you need to know.”

Brianna looked up from the datapad that had the information she needed to look at. "Please, tell me what you have learned." She said quietly. The datapad she had was troubling and it was difficult to focus on anything else.

Hyperspace, en route to Coruscant

"Most people call me Psycho...actually come to think of it everybody calls me Psycho, and you are?"

Juhani bowed her head in greeting and smiled at Psycho. "Psycho...That is an unusual name. I am called Juhani. And If I may ask you a question before we all rest...are you skilled in combat?"

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fethe sits in front of Master Brianna and begins to explain his vision “I sense a new menace Master Brianna, I have seen a group of people or some sort of followers which will bring destruction and instabilities to the galaxy, I cannot tell if they are members of some sort of dark side cult or something, but I do believe they will threaten our order, we must be alert master”- Fethe said eye to eye towards Master Brianna

His entrance was abrupt and rather surprising, and as Dominic walked down the central aisle, he could feel every eye in the place upon him. A small, superior smirk appeared on his lips; what could he say? He liked the attention.

"Perfectly, your holiness." he answered dutifully. He was about halfway to the dais on which the Seeker stood, and when he reached the foot of the steps, he knelt to the ground and placed his right fist - the eye-bearing hand - over his heart, his head bowed. "The Jedi Enclave on Dantooine has been all but demolished; with its supports destroyed, the building collapsed like a house of cards, taking out everything left inside."

Except, he thought, the datapad he had taken for himself. He'd nearly succeeded in repairing it on board his ship in the midst of transit, and discovered far more than he had expected. The datapad wasn't just a text or a journal, but an actual Jedi holocron. He suspected that this was what those Force users he encountered were after...those Force users that escaped him. He decided that knowledge of his encounter would only be shared with Adeline at a later, more private time. No need to let the general populace know about his failure.

Garren had managed to track Dominic this far, and having missed his chance on Dantooine, he figured his chances would be better here on Coruscant. It seemed his target had travelled to some sort of meeting place for the Found. This might prove more valuable to the Republic than just one Found. He thought as he cracked open a ventilation shaft and snuck in.

Spying on the congregation through his electrobinoculars, he set the whole thing to record the video feed. He spotted a woman who appeared to be the leader of the cult, and focused on her, recognising her to be more important than his original target.

Gathering Place of the Found, Coruscant

"Everything left inside?" asked Seeker Adeline, narrowing her piercing blue eyes. "Are you sure, Pilgrim Dominic? How many Jedi were slain in the explosion?" Silence.

When she received no answer, the Seeker waved her hand dismissively. "No matter. In my eyes, and those of the Creator, your mission was a resounding success! After all, it is not the Jedi we seek to kill on sight, but the Sith. It is far better to capture the so-called 'servants of the Light' alive so that they may choose which path they wish to follow." She motioned for him to rise.

"Pilgrim," she continued, "you have done a great service this day. With their unholy Enclave utterly demolished, the users of the Force will not return to Dantooine for some time. It will be an incredible blow to their morale."

She turned again to the congregation. "Let us pray, my fellow Pilgrims:

Creator of land, sky and sea,

Creator of this galaxy,

Creator of the human race

And aliens in this vast space,

Protect us from those villains who

Would seek to overshadow you.

The users of the Force, they claim

They wield it humbly in Your name,

Or else they seek to rise and rule,

Calling Your Force merely a tool.

But, by Your hand, they all shall die

Or lose the powers on which they rely.

This is Your will. May it be done.

Your Pilgrims vow this, all as one.

Delai."

That was an ancient word meaning "do", in the imperative mood: "Do this!"

"Psycho...That is an unusual name. I am called Juhani. And If I may ask you a question before we all rest...are you skilled in combat?"

Had he had his helmet off Juhani would have been greeted with a large grin. He could have listed and endless wave of all the weapons he used but he decided to leave the best impression possible on Juhani since she had allowed him on her ship.

"Let's see, I can wield blasters, heavy weapons, explosives are a specialty of mine, I can fight without weapons and I'm skilled in bladed combat." he replied.

Zen made his way through the gathering place of The Found. The 7 foot tall alien had on hand on his energy sword and the other wrapped around the neck of a Jedi. He deactivated his blade and placed the handle at his side. He continued walking until he heard chanting. He got down on one knee and bowed his head.

The users of the Force, they claim

They wield it humbly in Your name,

Or else they seek to rise and rule,

Calling Your Force merely a tool.

But, by Your hand, they all shall die

Or lose the powers on which they rely.

This is Your will. May it be done.

Your Pilgrims vow this, all as one.

Delai."

Zen stood up and began walking over to Adeline. He stopped when he felt he was close enough to her. He bowed once more as a sign of respect to Adeline.

"Mighty Seeker Adeline, I have returned from Tatooine with great news. 2 sith warriors died by my hands, and I have returned with the Jedi they were fighting." Zen said dropping her to the ground.

The crowd heard this, and raucous cheering erupted in their midst. However, Seeker Adeline glared at them harshly, freezing their merriment in mid-shout. If there was one thing she valued in her Pilgrims, it was composure at all times. It never did any good if you were too engrossed in your emotions to focus on the task at hand--even if that task was celebrating your triumph.

The Pilgrims saluted Zen and the Seeker. "Victory! Victory! Victory!"

Seeker Adeline smirked. "Very good. Pilgrim Zen, you, along with your fellow Pilgrim Dominic, are to be honored this evening with a lavish feast. Medals as well, if you wish them." Neither lavish feasts nor medals were common inside the four walls of the Foundation Complex. The Gathering Place was simply a sanctuary. Tonight the Pilgrims would celebrate in the Fellowship Hall.

She turned to the woman that Zen had captured. "What is your name, Jedi?"

"Anna Organ." The blonde woman glowered at Seeker Adeline disgustedly.

The Pilgrims burst into loud laughter--they had never heard such a stupid name, especially for a member of the Jedi Order! This time, the Seeker let them laugh. Let this one be mocked. She'll lose her pride sooner.

"Well, Jedi Organ," Seeker Adeline said, to the tune of more guffaws, "it appears that you have two choices. As a prisoner of the Found--one of the lost--you can either choose to undergo Life through Death, or Gain through Loss." She explained each procedure briefly, and Anna Organ scowled.

"I'd rather die than yield to you," she said. "If I have to starve, then so be it. Jedi can survive far longer than ordinary human beings like yourself without food or water. By then, I'll have figured out a way to escape the Complex."

"We'll see about that," smiled the Seeker. "Pilgrims? Confine this one, now!"

The Jedi had not expected a full-fledged mob to swarm upon her. There was no way she could fight off all of the congregants who made up the Found, and it was not long before she was carried to a damp, icy section of the Foundation Complex. This was a cold-storage chamber, and Anna was shut up in one of the compartments used to hold bantha steaks. Of course, there was no meat in here--only the smell of old, dried blood. Anna shivered. She would meet her death not only of starvation, but of progressive hypothermia.

She suddenly wished she would have chosen to lose her powers.

((Would it be alright if Jolee tried to rescue Anna Organ? If he has to die I'd like his death to be heroic.))

Jolee Bindo was bored.

Today had been an uneventful day. Woke up, supervised the training of the apprentices, drank some Dantooine fire whisky at lunch, told the younglings the stories of Andor Vex and the blind jedi master Hortathor and had concluded the day with a fine supper with a comfortable chair in the mess hall.

Now as he rested in his nice, warm personal quarters he couldn't help but shake the feeling that something was wrong. He thought he could sense someone in distress through the force.

This needs to be investigated. One of the apprentices probably got lost on their way back to the temple after a mission.

Jolee got up out of his bed and sighed as he looked back at it. It looked like he would be getting to bed sometime early in the morning.

He threw on his robes, tossed a bottle of Fire Whisky in his pocket to keep him awake and then left the temple as he began to track the person in distress through the force.

((Sure! But first, Perdante has a little request for Psycho...))

Perdante's eyes grew wide. The Force aside, she had an instinctual feeling that this creature, known as "Psycho", knew how to utilize far more types of high-tech weapons than he had let on. Thus, she smiled and asked him, "Would you be willing to teach a 'loser' such as I how to use the weapons you do? If I know anything about my Master, it is that he is far stronger than any of the three of us. If he decides to take revenge, then we're going to need all the weapons we can get our hands on in order to fight him off. Deal?" She extended her hand.

I need to help her. Garren thought, and he switched off the record mode on his electrobinoculars. Then, he turned around and started crawling back through the vent, hoping the commotion below would mask the noise of his movements. It was still difficult, as he had no idea of the layout of the building, or even where that Jedi was being held. He knew it was in the lower levers, so at least he could go down and possibly get close. This place wasn't built for this sort of thing, so other rooms would have to be converted into cells for prisoners, and the most secure, and sadistic room to be used as a cell would have to be a still-active walk-in freezer.

((I originally thought that Jolee frees Anna and then they both die in the fighting and then Alkonium's character reports it to the jedi, but if thats how you want it to go then I'll go with it.:)))

Jolee knew that he was getting closer as he took a drink from his bottle of whisky. The Coruscant night was cold and the whisky was one of two things keeping him warm, the other being his hooded cloak.

He had been walking for nearly half an hour and could feel the person in question getting closer the more he walked. In fact...he should be able to see the person sending out the distress call now.

But all he could see was a large building up ahead of him. He could sense life from it...but there was so much of it. And yet he could still feel the person in pain.

I don't like whats going on here. Best be cautious.

He sighed as he began looking for a way in.

Psycho looked over at Perdante and smiled. Perhaps the sith would be able to help him. He'd get to fire all the weapons he wanted and would still be helping the jedi in the process. It was much more interesting than looking for stupid artifacts.

"Very well Perdante, I will teach you what I know," he said shaking her hand.

Zen shook his head as the Jedi chose to suffer which was then followed by a grin. It served her right, she and all her other high and mighty Jedi comrades deserved that fate. He looked up at Adeline after the jedi had been taken away.

"My Seeker, I require no medals or rewards for my deeds. Making The Found stronger is my only reward." Zen said being the strong believer he was. "What would you have me do now?"

"I would have you celebrate and rest," answered Seeker Adeline. "You have done more than well today. As for tomorrow, I am going to send you on a more...difficult assignment, along with any other Pilgrim who wishes to join you. We cannot hope to destroy the arrogant and self-seeking users of the Force throughout the galaxy if we cannot even do so upon our own planet."

When the Pilgrims all stared blankly, not comprehending, the Seeker sighed.

"The Jedi and Sith are like poisonous, swarming insects who build their 'hives' in certain places. I am intending to send two elite squadrons of Pilgrims on a mission that begins tomorrow. You may feast tonight and be merry, but rest assured that there will be no time for such frivolities when morning comes.

"Squadron one, known as the Apostles, will infiltrate the Jedi Temple here on Coruscant and capture any Jedi they find. Squadron two, or the Crusaders, will be sent to Korriban and Dreshdae to locate and annihilate the Sith."

She folded her hands. "Any questions?" A pause. "Any volunteers, then?"

A disturbance. Ibis was sitting down on the starfighters thick metallic floor, behind the human who was his slave. He was meditating, as Sith Lords do, and he felt something. A disturbance. Something is not correct.

"Tell me what it is", he shouted, "great spirits of the Sith that I may not detain you much longer! What is this disturbance you speak of?!?"

Under normal circumstances, the human who was Ibis's slave would have turned around, and panicked because of his master's actions. But he was not capable of thought until his master gives him leave, and he just sat there, bringing the ship to where it needed to be: near the second failed initiate.

Ah, so fate will not be kind to me today. For my apprentice is now Perdante. Their failure shall not be an important one. Death comes to all who turn away, in the end.

Hyperspace. En route to Coruscant((Just so you know we're getting close to Coruscant now.))

Juhani listened carefully as Psycho listed off the weapons he was good with. Even though she was a jedi she was very impressed. But something was wrong...there was some sort of disturbance in the force.

The closer we get to coruscant the more it seems that someone is sending a distress call out through the force...I'm just not sure who's sending it. We're only a couple of hours from Coruscant, as soon as we get there I plan on investigating this.

She turned to the sith. "Can you sense it? It feels like a force sensative is in trouble on Coruscant."

Outside the building of the Found

It feels like this is the place

Jolee had been walking around the building for a few minutes, trying to find the exact area where the force signiture was coming from.

And now it seemed that he had found it.

Hold on youngster...Jolee is here. He thought as he ignited his lightsaber and began cutting through the wall. He had no idea how long it would take but he was determined to get through to the trapped apprentice.

Garren finally found what felt at least like the freezer, based on the considerably lower temperatures in the area. He fired a few shots from his blaster at the bottom of the vent, pried the hole open with his hands, and fell out right outside the freezer. Now it's just a matter of slicing open this door, but first, it might help if I cut the power. He thought, examining the freezer's control panel. It appeared as though every part of the freezer, including the security on the door, was being powered from the same feed, and it was a simple matter of cutting that feed. He then hit the Power button, and heard the fans on the inside shutting off. That should buy her some more time, even if it still takes me a while to get this door open

Dominic grudgingly stepped aside as Zen made his report, his jaw tightening slightly, his fists clenching. Thankfully, the chain link masked the white knuckles that lay beneath.

This was just perfect! Not only did he fail in his attempt to apprehend the Jedi and kill the Sith that was with her - she had been wounded, for Creator's sake! - but now Zen made his appearance, proclaiming his overwhelming success at doing just that. Yes, he successfully blew the Jedi Enclave to Kingdom Come, but that seemed like minuscule work compared to what Zen was talking about. And he resented him for it.

But he stood aside respectfully, nevertheless.

The pilgrim listened to the proceedings in silence, folding his hands behind his back in military fashion, his eyes on the ground. He wasn't in the mood for a party and he didn't have the patience for being the center of attention, so his mind was elsewhere as others rejoiced. Perhaps that was the reason why he was the first to notice the absence of the fans.

He looked up at the ceiling's vents, frowning as the ever-present hum of the blades faded, along with the pleasant stir of the air. He set his right hand on the hilt of his vibrosword as he drew his attention back down to the dais. The fans had never stopped working before...

((Actually, Chevron 7 locke, I like your idea better. Let's roll with it! :)))

Hyperspace, in the very near vicinity of Coruscant

The former Sith Initiate listened closely. "I can hear nothing," she said sadly, "except the endless hum of life and chaos upon the planet. Coruscant is one ultra-massive city, and it's hard for me to pinpoint single messages through the Force when there are so many beings 'jamming the signal'."

She winked at Psycho. "Then our training shall begin. Thank you immensely!"

Gathering Place of the Found, Coruscant, Cold-Storage Area

Jedi were not supposed to panic. Anna Organ knew this, and she also knew to try and recite the Jedi Code whenever feelings of sheer terror came upon her: There is no emotion; there is peace. However, it didn't work. She knew that someone was coming to rescue her, from the sounds outside the door to the walk-in freezer in which she was imprisoned. Thus, she shrieked:

"Is someone out there? Help me! My name is Anna Organ, I'm a Jedi Knight, and I've been condemned to freeze to death! Can anyone hear me? Help!"

She pounded both of her fists upon the door, gnashing her teeth with the effort. Kicking as well, Anna was expending all of her power on opening it...

Garren heard her, and seeing no other way to get the door open, told her, "Anna, get back, I'm about to blow the door open." He place the charge on the door, and hearing the Jedi get out of the way, he set it off.

Once the dust cleared, he stepped into the now-warm freezer, and said to Anna, "My name's Garren Shain; the Republic hired me to investigate this cult, and I figured I should probably rescue you on my way out."

The starfighter now neared Coruscant, and consequently, the two ships that were the prey of Ibis. One bore an apprentice that was failed from the start, blighted by ignorance and pride. The Iridonian they call Goran Tex.

The other... was supposed to be Ibis's greatest success, and has now become his greatest failure. Gagnante, now Perdante. Victorious, now Defeated.

"No longer", he said aloud. No longer will these fools plague the galaxy with their ignoble presence.

The starfighter went closer to the ship that had Perdante, and Ibis looked on. "Fire at their engines. They shall not move from that spot!"

Ibis's slave nodded. "I hear master, and I obey." And with that, a salvo of fire was launched upon the engines of the unsuspecting ship.

((Looks like the hour of Jolee's death is at hand. When is his killer going to show up?))

"Is someone out there? Help me! My name is Anna Organ, I'm a Jedi Knight, and I've been condemned to freeze to death! Can anyone hear me? Help!"

Even as Jolee continued to cut through the wall he could hear a woman's voice shouting to be rescued.

Hold on lass...I'm almost through and...there!

A large section of the wall collapsed and Jolee walked into the freezer which was suprisingly warm. He looked closer and saw two figures standing near another hole in the wall that might have been a door at one point.

"Well...It looks like I wasn't really needed here after all," he said dryly before turning to the jedi and holding out his hand. "The name is Jolee Bindo, I followed your foce signiture here."

He looked around the empty freezer and sighed as he looked back at the jedi. "How did you get stuck in here?"

Grand Master Brianna's chambers.

“I sense a new menace Master Brianna, I have seen a group of people or some sort of followers which will bring destruction and instabilities to the galaxy, I cannot tell if they are members of some sort of dark side cult or something, but I do believe they will threaten our order, we must be alert master."

"I belive you are correct...I just recieved news that the ruins of the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine were destroyed. I fear that this is related to what you have seen in your vision. You are correct, we must be alert."

Hyperspace

The Ebon Blade shuddered as a blast of weapon's fire hit it's engines though the blast was dampened by the shields which ahd been engaged back on Dantooine.

Thank the force that I forgot to turn the shields off.

"It looks like we're under fire." She said calmly as she threw the Ebon Blade into a series of complex evasive manuvers.

She kept her eyes on the controls as she spoke to Psycho. "Go up to the gun turrents and return fire. Try to disable them."

((Hey if were going with Chev's idea would it be alright if Zen finished the fight he started with Anna?))

Hyperspace

Psycho was about to say something to Perdante when he felt the ship get hit by blaster fire.

"Go up to the gun turrents and return fire. Try to disable them."

Psycho grinned at his first assignment.

"With pleasure," he said making his way to the gun turrets.

Psycho hopped into the seat of the gun turret and looked at the ship that was firing upon them. He cracked his neck and put his hands on the controls. He began unloading turret fire on the enemy ship.

Zen nodded his head and stood up when Adeline finished speaking. Was he going to take out the Jedi or Sith, or did she have another mission in mind for him. Either way she was right, Zen should relax for now. He looked around at his fellow pilgrims and smiled. They were his family now, his brothers and sisters. He looked over to Dominic who was not going the others in the festivities. Curious he walked over to him wondering why he did not wish to celebrate his victory.

"Dominic, you look as if you've spent the night with a Gamorrean female. Does something trouble you my brother?" Zen asked. Brother...a word he had not used in a long time.

Archived