Home

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: Endgame

((100th post! w00t!))

Perdante was an impatient woman. She had always been, and always would be, unless she received some intense Jedi training to remove (or at least curb) her impulsivity. Still feeling embarrassed and angry at being removed from the main section of the Temple by its annoying security droids, she went back inside.

Where was Juhani? Pinpointing her through the Force, Perdante sensed she was in a large room, in a meeting with several other Force users. Jedi Masters. Taking her chances, the young woman tried to blend in with the traffic that was coming and going around the near vicinity of the room. Success at last!

However, something--someone?--caught her eye. Was it a droid? She had no idea, but something told her that this--thing--meant her no harm. In fact, it had not meant anyone harm ever since it had arrived at the Jedi Temple.

She snuck closer to it, feeling an aura of safety and protection in her soul.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[This is a bit random, but I feel pretty disappointed that the fighter scene I started ended in such an abrupt notice without even a little bit of my part in it. Just airing this out. You guys pretty much assumed that for every action you make, my reaction would be favorable to your plans. :| ]

((Betrayer, I can edit my post if you want))

"A woman who called herself Seeker Adelina, the leader of a very dangerous cult called the Found. They intend to kill every single Force User in the galaxy. My name is Rolan Shain; I am a smuggler the Republic hired to investigate the Found. I have already transmitted my findings to Republic Intelligence, but if you wish, I can provide you with a copy as well."

The Grand Master of the Order nodded once as she tried to pull Juhani away from the body with no success. The cathar was still sobbing heavily over the body of her former friend.

"Juhani...I know this hurts. I know that this hurts more then you can believe but you need to let go. Master Bindo has become one with the force and there's nothing we can do anymore."

Juhani didn't hear her. She simply continued sobbing.

Brianna sighed heavily. She motioned for the one of the apprentices to go and get the sith that Juahni had come with, perhaps she could talk some sense back into Juhani.

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Psycho wasn't a man of compassion, in fact its very likely he has no clue what the word means. Compassion was the one thing that made him stick out from everyone else, the one thing that made him a monster. Had he been in Juhani's shoes perhaps he too would be sobbing but for now all he could think of was killing these Found members.

Gathering Place of the Found, Coruscant

Zen nodded his head at Adeline after learning this rescuer's name; Garren Shain. Though the man had rescued the Jedi he captured and dishonored him in the process he still felt he was worthy to die a noble death in combat.

"I will bring the body to you Seeker, in the mean time would have me do anything else before I go after this Garren Shain?" Zen asked her.

"As a matter of fact," said the Seeker (in a matter-of-fact way, of course), "I need you to check on the status of our intelligence. I know that the Republic has been gathering it upon us and our sacred sect, but what can you find out from Pilgrim Operative Zelain about our efforts to infiltrate the Republic's computer consoles? I want all of their files on us erased by tomorrow."

She narrowed her eyes. "If they are not, I shall become very displeased."

Displeasing the Seeker was, literally, a matter of life and death in this case...

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Perdante rushed forward to the weeping Juhani, who sobbed over the headless body of her friend and comrade, Jolee Bindo. At the exact same moment, twelve Jedi Masters leapt into action, their lightsabers ignited.

"Halt right there, Sith," they ordered, "or we'll remove you from our Temple in a more permanent fashion than we were planning on. Surrender!"

The former Initiate knelt immediately and lifted her quivering hands high.

Fethe did not turned on his lightsaber, instead he decided to speak. “Tells us Sith, what is the purpose of you're visit?”- Fethe said “The Dark side it is not the way, I once walked you're path but now I walk the path of light and peace, you too can walk this path if you let us help you”

"Halt right there, Sith,"

Grand Master Brianna moved between the Jedi Masters and the sith who had her hands held up high in the air.

"Enough of this! The sith is unarmed, and I sense no hostile intentions from her."

She turned to the sith and nodded. "As long as you do not cause any trouble for anyone here, you are welcome to stay for as long as you need to. But I warn you, if you cause any trouble you will be confined to a holding cell."

Brianna then moved over to Juhani and grabbed her hand and pulled her to her feet.

"You must get ahold of yourself Juhani! Jolee's death was a great loss to the order and I know you must be hurting but right now the Order needs you. Why don't you go to your quarters and rest...I know today must have been hard for you."

Juahni nodded once and still sobbing headed for her quarters. She had to inform the former crew of the Ebon Hawk of Jolee's death. It was one of the few things she could do.

Brianna turned to the sith and motioned for her to come closer. "I would like you to keep an eye on Juhani. That old man was the closest thing she had to a father figure, I'm afraid that she may go after his killer."

"Go after his killer?" Perdante asked suddenly. "That task is far more suited to someone who knows the ways of the Sith than the Jedi. Let me redeem myself by doing just that, at Juhani's side. She has become my new liege since I lost to her in battle. I know I do not deserve such an honor, Grand Master, but if I am only a pawn in this game of living dejarik, at least let me be her pawn..."

She remained kneeling. "It's the least I can do, after what I've done."

There were a couple reasons that Meta actually liked this galaxy and was considering citizenship within its dominant government. For one, he could pursue literally anything he wanted to, with the exception of race or sex specific jobs such as table dancing and cosmetic tester. He could be a pilot, an explorer, a scientist, and probably a government official even if he worked at it. The only thing that slightly limited him was the unfamiliarity of this galaxy with metallic lifeforms, which was understandable. The chances of organic life occurring naturally were small odds and the numbers for the occurrence of metallic life were trillions of times smaller. Chemical bonds, suitable environment, and etc all made species like his unique in more ways than one and occasionally feared. Not in a galaxy like this one though, where there were so many absolutely beautiful and ugly species that looking at Meta without his clothes on, people would think he was some tribal steel statue.

However, it was the more mysterious nature of his appearance, being covered completely in brown clothing with a set of ancient human night goggles, a hat, and a purple funny-looking weapon that might trigger an attack if Meta were to step forward for the woman. There were probably some Jedi who would like a chance to get a slice at him for having the gall to ask them to test the effects of a Force-inhibiting mineral.

One question that puzzled Meta immensely since his arrival had been why the Jedi were considered so important to the Republic. Countless governments had been formed and survived without this religious group that tapped into a universal power, yet this Republic owed its very survival to the self-proclaimed peacekeepers. Yet with the very presence of the Jedi, the faction known as the Sith had emerged with destructive tendencies that laid waste to the galaxy multiple times. It was no wonder that this cult had finally emerged, known as 'The Found', to get rid of all force users. Even they though were misguided. If they really wanted to stop the problem, then they'd need to stop the source: the Force. How one would go about doing that, Meta imagined, would probably be the same way that his species cleansed any universe of magical capabilities when integrating it into the empire. Or how it used to, at least.

When the 'Sith', as the woman became known, offered to hunt the killer of the old man, Meta became more interested. Granted, the solemn vow and crying stuff was getting boring, but he could live with it if it meant achieving his goal. He didn't want to make his own proposal in a crowd where anyone could be listening, so Meta decided that he would approach someone from the general group about it later.

Fethe was hearing the complete conversation, he was thinking about what both where speaking “You're planning using you Sith teachings against you're master? You will only fall more to the dark side, and for Juhani we must be careful, she could fall into her emotions if she decides to take up the task of looking this Sith lord”- Fethe said, giving an advice and hoping for them to take it. “We need more time to think about this, it is too soon, Master Brianna, gather the council and take this matter to them”

Fethe looks at the woman, he feels good intention on her, she could be fooling him but he does believe that a person can change and be brought to the light. “I would say that you should learn the ways of the Jedi, You have training on the force and in the lightsaber I suppose, you will only need training in controlling you're emotions and how to walk the path of the lightside” Fethe said “Let us help you, do you accept the chance you have?”

Perdante winked and shook her head slyly. "Lightsaber?" she asked. "Not yet. If I would have completed my assigned mission--that is, slain Juhani, removed her heart, and brought it back to my Master--then I would have surely received it. However, I am afraid I've only been trained in vibroblades and blaster pistols."

Looking at the Jedi Masters as a whole, standing in a circle all around her, she nodded. "I indeed accept this chance," she said, "and wish to be trained as a Jedi. All I need at this point is a Master...someone like Juhani..."

"Where should I go, and what should I do in the meantime, good Masters? I swear to you that my intentions are honorable."

Brianna nodded at the former sith and looked her over with an appraising eye. "In my time as Grand Master I have encountered many sith. You are one of the few, actually the only one I've extended my trust to. If you truley wish to help us, go to Juhani's quarters and try and help her through this difficult time in her life. Right now she needs someone she is familiar with to spend time with."

“I would say that you should learn the ways of the Jedi, You have training on the force and in the lightsaber I suppose, you will only need training in controlling you're emotions and how to walk the path of the lightside”

Brianna shook her head and glanced over at Fethe. He belives that he speaks for the council. He sometimes forgets his place.

"I indeed accept this chance, and wish to be trained as a Jedi. All I need at this point is a Master...someone like Juhani..."

"We will consider you for Jedi training if you can help Juhani through this difficult time in her life. Walking the path of the Jedi requires compassion. If you can help Juhani you will pass your first test."

“You heard Master Brianna, prove you're self.” Fethe said as he looks at the Grand Master with a eye to eye conversation “Master Brianna, if you need any help on the training with her, let me know for I have passed thru that experience of changing paths”

Fethe then left the room and headed towards his chamber, he has decided to go and meditate, think about what is happening.

"If you want my opinion, the Found are bigger problem right now than the Sith. In fact, the Sith are just as threatened by the Found as you are." Garren pointed out. "But I should be off. Republic Intelligence will want to speak with me in person." He started walking out, but paused, took a datapad out of his pocket, and handed it to Fethe. "Make sure the Jedi Council sees this. It's everything I recorded from the Found's headquarters here on Coruscant." He added.

"Make sure the Jedi Council sees this. It's everything I recorded from the Found's headquarters here on Coruscant."

“Thank you, It will be given to them,here have this comlink, contact me if you found anything else. May the force be with you”- Fethe said to the smuggler as they both went their separate ways.

Dominic stood in the shadows of the meeting hall, his arms folded over his chest as he leaned against the wall. He listened to the sounds of the party going outside, but he paid them no mind. In reality, he had no interest at all in the celebrations...but at the same time, he didn't much feel like going home tonight. He should go, he knew...the party was in his honor, for God's sake, but if Zen wasn't going to be there, then why should he have to show up?

So he watched silently as the Seeker gave her orders to the other Pilgrim, and then Zen left. But even as he was left alone with Adeline, he didn't speak, not even certain if she realized that he was still there.

Seeker Adeline noticed the lone figure remaining with her. "Ah! Pilgrim Dominic." She motioned for him to step forward, and he did so. "Now that everyone else is at the celebration feast, please tell me: How many Jedi were slain in the explosion of the Enclave ruins that you caused upon Dantooine?" Silence. "That's...what I thought. As I said, no matter. It's the Sith we want to kill immediately. The Jedi we must warn if we're going to offer them a second chance. Gain through Loss is preferable to death, as that sniveling neophyte Anna Organ proves." A near-murderous scowl crossed her face.

"She was rescued! I myself had to go down to the freezers and slaughter the worthless Force-using fool who tried to pull it off! True, I did not give you much of an opportunity to do your own killing, but you should have been guarding the prisoner more carefully." She shook her head.

"I have a special task for you, a service I wish you to perform. If you truly want to redeem yourself after this little fiasco with the young girl, bring me a single Jedi. Alive. I don't care if he or she is an Initiate, Apprentice, or a full Master. If you can manage to subdue and capture him or her, I will promote you, as I am going to promote Pilgrim Zen for doing such a thing already."

Seeker Adeline smiled. "Go...and do not fail me this time, Pilgrim Dominic."

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Perdante was pointed in the direction of Juhani's quarters. Hesitantly, she went inside, finding the Cathar kneeling before her bed, with her face buried in the pillow. Almost noiselessly, the Sith Initiate knelt down beside her.

"Juhani?" she asked softly. "Is there anything I can do? Anything at all?"

Zen nodded his head once more and left the gathering place. He made his way to the feast where he knew he would find Pilgrim Zelain. As soon he entered the party he was greeted by thunderous applause. It did feel good to be cheered on by his brothers and sisters but he had a much more important business. After some searching he found Pilgrim Zelain in a corner talking to some other pilgrims. Zen made his way over to him and dismissed the others talking to him.

"Pilgrim Zen what a pleasant surprise," he said looking up at the Sangheili.

"Zelain my brother, have you any word on the Republic?" Zen asked.

"What do you mean Pilgrim Zen?" Zelain asked getting a little nervous around Zen.

"I mean does the Republic know about us?"

"Our operatives have not had the chance to infiltrate yet."

"I see...Speaker Adeline would like to have a word with you."

With that Zen left the party and made his way to the hangar where his ship would be waiting for him. He stared up at his ship and smiled at its Sangheili based design. He hopped inside and set some coordinates for outside the Jedi Temple. He figured Garren would drop the Jedi off and he would be able to not only kill him but take the jedi as well. It would be a tricky assignment but he felt it necessary to redeem himself.

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Psycho stared at the body of Jolee intently. He crouched down by it and looked at the part of the neck where the head was taken off. He raised an eyebrow before standing up to look at Brianna.

"There's no burn mark here, Master Bindo was cut by some type of vibroblade. His body shows no sign of battle which means it wasn't a long fight, my guess he was taken by surprise. These Found members must be able to hide themselves from the force if they were able to do this," Psycho theorized.

((The next post won't be as long. I'll try to fit them all into one medium length post.))

"Is there anything I can do? Anything at all?"

Juahni quietly got to her feet and looked at the former sith. She tried to smile but she couldn't. Not with with the recent new of Jolee's death.

"There is something I want you to see. I want you to see how one death can affect many people. Now...I have to inform his friends of his death."

She pulled out a personal comnlink from her belt and inserted it into a device that was imbeded in the wall. She quickly inserted some commands and a young, female voice echoed throughout the room.

"Hello? Hello? Who is this? Big Z, can you see if you can get the holoprojector working?" A low growl answered her and soon a figure began to come into existance on the pad of the device in the wall. The figure then turned into a Blue Twi'lek wearing a black leather vest and dark pants.

"Juhani!" The twi'lek said with a joyful smile which quickly turned into a frown as she saw the tears on the cathar's face.

"Juahni...whats wrong? What happened?!"

"Mission...Jolee is dead. He was murdered."

"WHAT?! Someone killed the old man?! Who did it? Who killed him?!"

"An organization known as the Found. Jolee was attempting to rescue a Jedi who was captured and was killed during the rescue." She didn't go into the details of his death. It would most likely give her nightmares.

She watched as the Twi'lek broke down into tears, in the background she heard a wookie howl of despair. Juhani sighed as she fought back tears. "Mission listen to me. The Found are going after Force sensatives everywhere and anyone who has been associated with them. Take Zaalbar and go into hiding. If you wish you can stay with me at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. You'll be safe if you choose to come here."

Mission nodded, the tears were still on her face. "There's a freighter thats leaving for Tatooine in a few hours, I think Big Z and I will hide out there until this is all over. Have you contacted carth and the others?"

"Not yet, but they're on my list. Be safe Mission."

"Bye Juhani, do me a favor: Find the people who did this to the old man and make them pay."

"Believe me, I intend to."

The hologram of the twi'lek vanished and then Juhani turned back to the former sith. "There are others I have to contact. I want you to be here when I do."

Dominic's eyes stayed on the ground, his jaw working every so often as he listened to the reprimanding that Adeline was giving him. When she was finished he nodded, bowed slightly, and placed his fist over his heart - as he had before. "Yes, your Holiness."

A few hours later, the pilgrim was tracing his way through the lower levels of Coruscant's massive city, a worn and threadbare cloak tied about his shoulders and swinging at his shins. There was no hood; he didn't have any reason to hide his identity. No one knew who he was, this unrecognizable figure. His armor had been replaced by civilian clothes, the only thing left of his previous outfit being the vibrosword and blaster at either hip. He should have been resting...but he was out instead. He wanted a drink.

The bar he was heading to was well within walking distance, being all of a two minute's speeder drive away...but rather than make the journey an eight minute one, Dominic went the opposite direction, and now he was over two hours out of his way. But he had needed the time to center, and only now, as he entered the dark and smokey room, did he come out of his prayerful reverie.

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

The former Sith suddenly realized that her cheeks were wet with tears. Flustered and embarrassed, she wiped them away, and then let more fall. She was tired of hiding her feelings, tired of keeping cool, tired of being strong. Perdante wanted to weep until she could weep no more, and thus she let herself sink against Juhani's shoulder. She felt the Cathar's arms enfold her, and even though she cried and snotted all over the lapel of the Jedi's robes, she did not feel Juhani move away or give a cry of disgust. Perdante was glad.

When she finally regained her composure, she said, "Of course I'll be here."

Lady's Lekku Cantina, Coruscant

"Orugo zhad gurkurk jal?" Dominic was asked as he entered the bar.

The bartender, obviously an alien, quickly switched to Basic Tongue. "Drink?"

Fethe left Coruscant to head towards Manaan, to find an old friend of his. Fethe was an apprentice of a Twi'lek Jedi Master named Rodos Kepid, he is part of the order and is currently on a mission on Manaan. Fethe has taken his ship “Star of Iziz”, a Aurek tactical strikefighter and headed towards Manaan. Upon his arrival Fethe decides to contact the Jedi academy to inform them about the datapad he received from the smuggler.

“T3, open up a hologram communication to the academy, I must talk to Master Brianna and the Council”- Fethe said to his utility droid.

The droid opens up the hologram projecting Master Brianna.

“Master Brianna I have an information given by a smuggler, he was the one who found Jolee's body. This information might be of great help to find the new cult master.”- Fethe informed.

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Anna Organ, a Jedi Knight, was trained well in the Force. She knew how to use it to heal her wounds. However, what she did not know--unfortunately!--was that when Seeker Adeline had punched her and broken her nose, the knuckles of her gloves had been made out of ostanovium: a metal that negated and absorbed the Force. Some of it had flaked off and embedded itself in her skin during the attack, and thus her attempts at healing were all in vain.

Also, when her nose had been broken, a tiny bit of the bone had lodged itself in the lower part of her brain. Thus, she stuffed a part of the sheets on her cot in her mouth as she ground her teeth in agonizing pain. She was dying, slowly...

Archived