Home

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: Endgame

Meta watched Perdy with a unique fascination. It was one thing to see the slight-of-hand tricks where the Jedi just lifted a few things. It was a whole other experience to actually see the power play between Force users and their very strength of wills. What others feared, Meta respected as a power to manipulate the world and shape it in their own image. The ironic thing was that the Force users could not both have what they wanted at the same time. So the cycle goes, Sith rise and Jedi fall, Jedi rise and Sith fall. They had to take turns, which Meta found kind of funny. Granted, millions of lives were lost because of their inability to coexist, but Meta had seen far worse. If anything, the cycle was more of a form of competitive equilibrium that kept the galaxy from becoming stagnant and weak. That was why Meta was not only committed to this course of action for the sake of the Jedi, but for that of the Sith as well.

In any case, none of that mattered. While it was interesting to watch Perdy fight the good fight, Meta needed to contact that Republic officer and acquire the necessary information for his plan to work.

“Make sure she doesn't hurt herself.” Meta told Psycho before turning to Juhani and saying “Hello, I'm Meta, a pleasure to meet you. You'll have to excuse me for a moment, I've got to go take a call.”

Meta walked into room, straight past the bed with the corpse and to the comm system. “I'm sorry to inform you Rep-man that the girl's dead. On the bright side though, you can help me find and deal with the people who did killed her, the Found. All I need is the location of the hideout, though you're more than welcome to come help me with my plan. Got a freaky-looking guy, a cat-lady, and a Sith with Dissociative Identity Disorder on my team already.”

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Psycho looked down at yet another body on the floor. What was with all of these bodies. Unlike Jolee's body, Psycho couldn't tell exactly how this jedi was killed. There were no cuts, bruises, or anything that would suggest she was killed directly by someone...indirectly however seemed to be the answer. He didn't have to time to actually view the body as Perdante starting causing a scene. Apparently her master was attempting to control her through the force.

“Make sure she doesn't hurt herself.”

"You got it Chief," Psycho responded walking over to Perdante.

He took any weapons she had on her and placed them on the floor just in case her master tried anything funny. He didn't want to ruin her concentration but if her master made a move in her body, he would be ready to restrain her.

They have betrayed you, my apprentice. You see now how they restrain you? They do not trust you enough, they do not trust your power. They do not trust your capability. Ibis continued sending messages to the brain of Perdante, with every single one breaking the mental resistance of his failed apprentice.

Yet they are wrong if they think a person of your power can be restrained by just being stripped of your weapons... Use the Force. The time for your redemption is at hand.

"Then Seeker Adeline is dead woman. I should have killed that schutta when I had the chance. Of course I'll join you. I've been in their headquarters, and I've come closer than anyone to killing Adeline." Garren replied, turning his ship back around in the direction of the Jedi Temple.

Perdante growled. The time of my WHAT?! I have already been redeemed, you scoundrel! Juhani showed me mercy instead of death at the moment of my defeat, a mercy that I did not deserve. You, however, would rather see me dead or a mindless slave! I won't have it. You're not my Master anymore...ah--!

There is a Jedi tenet that states, in not so many words, "No student is greater than his Master, and no Master should believe that he is greater than his student." Perdante, no matter how hard she tried, could not resist the former Sith's call completely. It was not that her will was not strong. It was only that the cloaked figure's was stronger. He overpowered her, and soon his former Initiate knocked everyone in the room backward (except for Meta) into the wall by way of an incredibly potent Force wave! When she finally recovered, Perdante surveyed the damage. No harm done--I hope...

"Forgive me!" she cried. "I--my mind was not my own at that moment--oh, Force!" She shook her head. "I'm a Sith with Dissociative something-or-other, most definitely, but I don't want to live as such anymore." She gazed toward a startled Juhani, Garren, and Meta. "I'll tell you what. If we're going to take down this Seeker Adeline person and get rid of the Found once and for all, then we need a plan of attack. A strong one. Meta? You suggested that I be used as bait to lure the Found out from their hiding place, and I've already agreed. I suggest a further development: I will surrender to the Seeker."

Utter silence. "She will see that I am not completely Sith, and I will beg to become her Jedi prisoner. I can't afford to have my Master's voice and will attempting to control me when we're trying to defeat a far greater enemy. I can serve as a distraction. While the Seeker is dealing with me, you can enter the hiding place in secret and start killing any Found you--find."

She couldn't help but snicker at the terrible pun. Her head was aching.

"Seeker Adeline won't know what hit her, and why the other members of her congregation are dying off so quickly. Before you know it, all the people who were supposed to protect her will be dead, and we can finish her off." A pause. "In the way of the Jedi, of course. Let's hope she gives up."

Fethe reached Manaan and headed towards the city, he was to meet with master Rodos on the Cantina of Atho City. Fethe entered the cantina and there he was, Rodos Kepid, Rodos was the Jedi who thought Fethe everything, he was his master and the one that saved him too when he fell to the dark side.

“Greeting master, good to see you again”- Fethe said to the Twi'lek Jedi master

“Good to see you too Fethe, it's been some time now, it's good to see you again. Here come seat, this is my new apprentice, Judid Ethos.”- Rodos presented his new apprentice, a Human female, blond with blue eyes.

“Greetings to you too young one.”- Fethe said to the girl “Master I have come to talk to you about certain things happening.”

“Go on then Fethe, tell me”- Rodos said.

“I am having visions master, of the future, and they are happening, I need you guidance master”- Fethe said “It's a new menace, a some sort of cult that is hunting us down.”

“Hmm Dark Jedi's? I have been sent here to investigate a rare case of a Dark Jedi”- the master replied.

“I'm not sure master, I don't think so, but I do know they're still some Sith remnant scattered around the galaxy”- Fethe said

“Well Fethe, the force has been giving you the sings, you must act then, you must help the order to control this menace”- the master said “You are one of the best students I have trained, the force is with you, go and confront this new menace, like a Jedi should”

“I will master, thanks for you're advice. I do have another favor to ask master, a Sith came to the academy the other day, how are we suppost to know she isn't a spy or a trick to destroy us, she claims she wishes to turn to the light.”- Fethe asked

“Fethe, that is something you must see from deep inside of you, when you fell I knew you could still return, I felt it and that's how I knew you could still change. Hear you're inner voice Fethe, then you will now the truth”- Rodos answered

“Thank you master, I will return to the academy, may the force be with you both”- Fethe said as he stood up and headed towards his ship back, so he could return to Coruscant.

“Okay then, it's settled. We've got the Rep-man coming back here to give us the location of the Found's hiding place an help us, we've got the proper people to start taking out the Found once we find them, and we've got a solid plan to take out the leadership.” Meta elaborated, unfazed by the sudden outburst of overall weirdness from the Sith. He was lucky that Perdy couldn't do a force push on him, otherwise he might've smashed through comm system and a wall or two. If she was going to keep having outbursts though, then she was going to become a serious problem to the plan. That would simply not do.

“There are a few thing we've gotta do though. First, we need to remove the body here and discern the cause of death. The Found might have poisoned her, or the injected her with the mineral. Second, we need to wait for Rep-man. He does know the place the best. And last,” Meta said, walking out of the room and right up to Perdy “We need you a bit more stable before we spring the trap.”

With that, Meta pinched her shoulder, hoping that what he had learned in another universe would still apply here and cause her to faint.

Psycho bounced up just as quickly as he was knocked down by Perdante's force push. He was ready to take her down when it appeared she had gained control of her body once more. His eyes darted back down to the body of the Jedi Knight. The fact that he couldn't tell right away what had caused her death intrigued him. His infatuation with death was just another reason he was named Psycho. He looked up when Meta mentioned for someone to examine the body and determine the cause of death.

"If I can examine the body of both Jedi I should be able to determine just what were up against," Psycho said to Meta. "That is if the Jedi will allow me," he said to the group in general though it was more aimed at Juhani than anything.

Perdante gave a startled half-yelp at Meta pinching her shoulder--not because the pinch was painful by any means, but because it was so unexpected. Having your mind taken over, first by the Force itself and then by a very powerful Force user, was enough to make anyone hyper-vigilant. However, before she could ask Meta what in space he thought he was doing by pinching her, the young woman felt herself collapse to the ground in an unconscious faint...

((Is it alright if I have Jolee's force ghost stop in for a little chat with Juhani?))

"That is if the Jedi will allow me,"

Juhani considered it for a moment before nodding. "Yes, you may examine the bodies. But you must treat them with the utmost respect. They are to be given a Jedi funeral once you are done."

She watched as...Meta she believed his name was pinched Perdante on the neck which caused the former sith to drop to the floor in a heap.

She turned to Meta and the others as she noticed that it was night ."I believe that Perdante should be allowed to rest before anything else happens. She's had a very long day."

She looked down at the sith as she thought what would be the best thing to do with her. With her master attempting to take control of her mind she would need someone to watch over her, someone who wouldn't try to kill her if her master did take control.

"I will allow her to rest in my quarters until she wakes up. Rest assured I will be watching to make sure nothing happens to her."

She hoisted the former sith over her shoulder and carried her into her quarters, gently setting her down on her bed before closing the door to the hallway.

A shame, Ibis thought to himself, she was so powerful. All that power... wasted. He had stopped trying to control his apprentice's mind the moment he realized how vulnerable it made him. He thought it was a shame that he had to dispose of her apprentice the hard way, but he would do anything necessary to remove another bond in his life.

Realizing how these foolish emotions and attachments have taken over him, he decided to recite the Sith code.

Peace is a lie; there is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Force shall free me.

He then smiled, a vicious smile as he stepped out of the door and killed the slave that awaited him outside. He went to the landing pad of the building he has stayed in, then set the ship he came in alight.

"May this be my promise", he shouted to all those who can hear, directing a bit of it to his apprentice using the Force, "I will hunt you down, Perdante. And when I do, you will regret turning on me!"

“Well, that's my cue to start getting to work!” Meta said clapping his hands together, glad that the useful technique still worked. He turned to Psycho and said “Be sure to run a few scans for any foreign metals/minerals in her body while you're working. I've gotta feeling that she didn't die at the heart break of being captured. Meanwhile, I'll be at the Jedi workshop doing a few technical things if you need me. I'm going to have fun night.”

With that, Meta headed down the hall. Now to just find the workshop...

Psycho was somewhat confused by Juhani's request. Being an outcast to society, Psycho had never actually seen a funeral however he has heard of them. He would have simply disposed of the body but he had to remember he wasn't traveling alone anymore. He was with a group of people who each had different views on life and he would have to at the very least honor them, especially if he was staying in the Jedi Temple. Seeing how this was the dead Jedi's own room and no one would bother him he decided to work on the bodies here. He left the room to retrieve Jolee's body and returned a few minutes later. He placed both bodies on the ground and knelt down in between them. He could just cut these bodies up and determine this very quickly but he would upset the Jedi in here. It looked like it was going to be a long night for Psycho.

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Being as "zonked out", or unconscious, as she was, Perdante did not hear her master scream in her head. Blackness was all that enveloped her mind...

Perhaps that was for the better, however, with the two autopsies going on.

Gathering Place of the Found, Gymnasium/Training Room

"Move it, you maggots! Faster! Faster, by the Force! MOVE!"

Seeker Adeline had a hunch. She called it "intuition", but Force or no Force, she'd had a sudden sense that there would soon be an impending attack upon the Gathering Place of the Found. The Jedi would surely be wanting revenge for the murders of Anna Organ and the other old fool, even though they didn't call it "revenge". They called it "justice", but Adeline was wise enough to know that revenge was only an intensified and heightened desire for justice. The Jedi could call it what they wanted, but they'd never get it.

When you attacked a holy place, full of holy people, then the Creator would make you pay. The Force was His gift to the world, and the world had misused it. Instead of humbly submitting to it and letting it guide their destinies, the world had wielded it as a weapon--and a tool for cutting and shaping. Molding. No more. The Force was meant to guide, and not to be guided. Meant to mold, not to be molded. The world would soon learn that.

"Move, I said! Do you want my droids to shoot you? They will."

She meant it, too. As soon as she'd shouted these words, three men fell behind in the retinue of sprinting runners, and three headshots were fired.

Seeker Adeline inhaled the scent of smoking flesh. Culling the herd...

((Hey--anyone interested in participating in a sequel to this RP after we finish? PM me))

((Can someone give me a recap, please? And if I'm doing this post wrong, please forgive me. Sorry I took long to post. College, parents, life... yeah.))

Melaney Garzo was in a cantina of the Underworld of Coruscant. There was no place like a good break from the Jedi Temple and missions than to hang out in the old cantina with old friends.

"Okay, Garzo. C'mon. Tell us, already!" a female Bothan named Sarea said. A male Bith named Tol and a male Human named Geri stood beside Melany as well, who sat at a stool by the bar counter, drinking her blue milk.

The young goth Jedi apprentice sighed with a calm smile. "Fine. I came back because of all the hectic stuff goin' on at the Jedi Temple. Plus, my master can't find me here no how." She sighed, putting the empty glass down next to her. "Why'd I join the Jedi? I could've stayed with you guys."

"And get into things!" Tol said with a smile. Sarea and Geri agreed. Melany smiled sadly, wondering what was going on with her fellow Jedi...

"What do you mean, you won't take them?" Arai demanded, scowling at the Weequay across from her. "She stabbed a finger in his direction. "No. You pay attention, boy. You gave me a job. You paid me half up front. You are going to pay me the other half, and you're going to take two dead bodies off my hands."

The Weequay squirmed. "It complicated."

She glared. "Then make it simple."

"My employer no want," he squeaked. "Too much... eyes watching. Always seeing. We take and they know. They know we order hit."

"Open your eyes, genius," Arai hissed. "They'll know anyway. Get a good slicer, every order can be traced."

The Weequay squealed. "It different!"

"Take them," Arai said, "or I'll make sure you and your employer experience more pain than you've ever known."

"We give money!" the Weequay protested, shoving a credit chip across the table. "Just dump them, okay?"

Arai fingered the chip for a moment. Then her eyes narrowed. "Get out."

The Weequay needed no further urging, bolting for the door almost before she'd finished. Slowly, Arai raised her right hand to her forehead and massaged. This was a headache she was not looking forward to dealing with. How to dump the bodies of two criminal masterminds without arousing suspicion or drawing attention to herself?

"Joy," she murmured, bringing her left hand up to join her right in massaging her head. Then from between her fingers, she caught sight of a vaguely familiar face. Her hands dropped and she looked closer.

"Dom," she murmured. Then, louder to catch his attention, breaking into a grin. "Dom! Dominic Travesty!" She waved him over, wondering briefly if he would remember her. "My goodness, it's been ages since I saw you last."

Dominic looked up at the call of the alien bartender, and nodded curtly, coming to stand in front of the counter. "One Juma, on the rocks." he answered, tapping his fingers lightly on the bar top. He didn't look around; he was too busy watching the holonet feed that was playing on mute above the barkeep's head. It looked as if the Jedi had lost a few today...including the girl that managed to escape them earlier that day. Although, it didn't look as though the escape did her a whole lot of good.

It wasn't her that they were focusing on, despite how tragic a young girl's death was. Apparently, that particular tragedy was eclipsed by the loss of a Jedi master, an old grouch of a man named Jolee Bindo. So maybe he was a master...but the girl was an innocent victim, dead because the Jedi took her from her family and forced her into their little nest of corruption. Had she been allowed to grow up as an average girl, without the abnormality of the Force in her life...?

His train of thought was cut off when a voice called his name. The Juma had been sitting in front of him for about a minute now, unnoticed and untouched, and his hand wrapped around it automatically as he looked over his shoulder to find the source of the call. It took him a moment, but his eyes finally lighted upon a woman that was unquestionably looking at him, a smile on her face. He frowned. Did he--

Yes, he did know her, he realized. Picking up his glass, he crossed the bar to her, the faintest of smiles on his lips as he took the seat across the table from her. "It has been," he assented with a nod. "How've you been doing, Arai?"

Dominic couldn't quite decide if he was happy to see her or not. She was a friend of his; that was no question. But she was a friend from a different time of his life - a time he wasn't too keen on remembering.

Meta was going to work all throughout the night. This was not out of any sort of particular anxiety about the next day's events or a need to get things ready, but because Meta simply liked to keep busy and building. He liked to build mechs, weapons, tools, etc. Sometimes he would just will his hands to work and the next moment it would be a few hours later and there would be come machination in front of him. Tonight however, Meta was aware. He was aware that this would most likely be the last opportune moment to wipe out the Found. If this attack didn't succeed, then it would probably take years to hunt down the remnants of the cult. While Meta had the patience to do this, the Republic brass did not. When things hit the fan, he needed to make sure that the Found were the ones with the broken back at his feet. Whether or not there would be mercy depended entirely and the plausibility of rehabilitation. If they were unworkable, then they would already be dead. Those who were not would be in prison, or at least go to trial.

Thus, Meta needed to build something to help take out the Found, and what better weapon to use against them than their own? The main likelihood would be that the Found would be ready for the attack, and that meant that they would expect the Jedi to retaliate. That meant that they would all have the mineral, that Meta couldn't remember the name of, equipped for battle and thus perfect targets. He merely needed to build a weapon that would home in on the mineral, much like a heat-seeking missile homes in on heat. He got the homing part down rather quickly and had already equipped it to his plasma repeater. His only problem, like every other situation, was finding a test subject.

“No way.” the Jedi mechanic told Meta, crossing his arms.

“But what about the selfless Jedi who sacrifices himself to stop evil?”

“Why can't you just use a droid?”

“Because the test subject needs to replicate the abilities of a highly-trained Found member, and I don't have time to build an android. I can't adjust the homing with just a droid, for all I know the gun would blow up and I would have to build another.”

“Well- wait, you can built androids?”

“Yes actually. The make good friends.”

“Cool, but I'm still not doing it.”

“I've got the gun set on stun!”

“You can't set plasma to stun! That's like setting a lightsaber to stun! You said yourself, the plasma would break apart on meeting a lightsaber and just kill the Jedi anyway with a spray!” the mechanic shouted before calming down and repeating the Jedi code to himself.

It was going to be a long night.

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Perdante came to and looked at Meta. "Did I just hear someone mention the words 'test subject'?" she asked and smiled. "I would volunteer, but in case that device of yours malfunctions--or, more accurately, does exactly what it was intended to do--I won't be able to be the sacrifice and distraction when we actually get to the place where the Found are hiding out. I won't be able to surrender to the Seeker." She sat up. "I hope whatever they're going to do with me once I 'resign' will take longer than five minutes. Preferably, ten or fifteen." She glanced around. "How long do you think it will take the rest of the Jedi to infiltrate the compound and kill everyone they see, including the boss-lady? One thing's for sure--once we get in, we'll need to get out fast."

Gathering Place of the Found, Gymnasium/Training Room

"How many of you have to relieve yourselves right now?" asked Seeker Adeline. To the few who answered, she ordered, "Another dose. Now."

Her serving/assassin droids passed out capsules of ostanovium to the hapless ten or so Pilgrims who had raised their hands. Unbeknownst to them, this dose was fatal. Bodily functions--especially the smellier ones--should have been quelled completely three pills ago. These ten were weak.

Thus, they slumped over dead within a timespan of fourteen seconds.

"All of you are almost ready," Seeker Adeline told the rest. "You are Chosen."

Juahni walked towards Perdante once she had found that she was awake. She walked in just in time to hear the end of the former sith's sentance.

"How long do you think it will take the rest of the Jedi to infiltrate the compound and kill everyone they see, including the boss-lady? One thing's for sure--once we get in, we'll need to get out fast."

Juhani smiled slightly. She was looking forward to avenging Jolee Bindo's death and personally taking care of the woman who had killed him would be the perfect way to do so.

"I believe that you are right." She said to Perdante. "Once the found have been destroyed we'll need to leave as quickly as possible. But we should clear our attack on the Found with the republic first."

Suddenly, Melany heard a crackle on her comlink. "Knight Garzo? This is your Master, Yakhta Gara. This is an urgent communique--we hear, through our confidential channels, that there is going to be a Jedi attack upon the former Czerka Logistics Complex, now known as the Gathering Place of the Found. A cult resides there, known as the Found, as you can guess by the new name of the building. I want you to serve as a lookout. However, wait until you hear from me that the attack has been cleared by the Republic."

((This could be a crucial plot point for the sequel to this. Who's with Perdy?))

Perdante scoffed. "What?! The Republic? Those stuffed-shirt bureaucrats probably have their heads stuck so far up their butt puckers that they think 'the Found' is one of their missing socks in the laundry." After no one laughed at her little joke, she straightened her lips into a luscious, firm line and continued, "I say we go through with the Plan as soon as possible, meaning as soon as Meta's done testing his device. After all, the greater of an advantage that we can gain on these psychopathically-indoctrinated fools, the better."

Arai smiled faintly and shrugged. "Been a helluva ride, Dom," she answered, glancing down at her appearance. She looked far more like a weathered spacer than a Jedi. Then again, he hardly looked like a Jedi anymore either. But she had heard he'd left at least a few years before she'd been exiled. "Bit of a mercenary these days. What about you? I'd heard you left the Order a while back..."

Garren arrived at the Temple, and immediately retransmitted the information on the Found back onto the Republic network. "This is what we'll need in order to get into their headquarters, along with its coordinates." He told Meta, handing him a datapad. Then, he turned to Perdante. "The Republic is not our enemy, and what we're about to do could constitute vigilantism. However, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, and they'd probably thank us for it anyway. Honestly, if I had decided to kill Adeline the last time I was in there, and then somehow managed to get out alive, with Jolee and Anna, they'd likely have given me a hefty bonus." He pointed out.

Archived