Home

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: Endgame

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Psycho was quick to analyze Jolee's body. He came to the same conclusion he had the last time he saw the body but now the difference was knowing over theorizing. It was the body of Anna that would prove to be a challenge. Upon scanning the body Pscyho discovered that her nose had been broken and a small piece lodged itself into her brain. He was confused by this, she would have just healed herself with the Force. He stood up for a few seconds and stared at both the bodies. There was Jolee who had been decapitated by a surprise attack and now there was Anna who had broken her nose and didn't heal herself. Something wasn't right here; Jolee should have seen the attack coming and Anna should have healed...unless. He crouched down by Anna's body again and took a good look at her face. A simple nose break shouldn't have been enough to kill her. He did a much more thorough job on his second scan of Anna.

I've got all the info I can gather, its time to put you both away

He would give them a funeral but first he wanted to remove the bone from the brain. He made a few cuts with his tonfa and pulled the bone right out of her skull. At least he had gotten the bone out. He was about to discard the bone when he noticed something about it. He brought it closer to his face and saw a small piece of metal. A broken bone in the brain wouldn't stop a jedi from healing but what about this metal? He knew there had to b a better reason why Anna didn't heal and this had to be it. He darted out of the room and began sprinting down the halls. When he finally found who he was looking for he stopped running to catch his breath.

"We might have a bit of a problem," he said to Meta holding the bone up.

Gathering Place of the Found, Gymnasium/Training Room

Zen strolled into the Training Room looking for Adeline. He was about to leave when a thought had hit him. He finally found her and walked over to her, bowing as soon as he was near her.

"Mighty Seeker, I was about to leave when I thought about the jedi that was rescued. I fear she might tell her fellow jedi about us and in return will attack us. I wish to stay here for another day or so in case the jedi do attack. I wish to fight alongside my brothers and sisters here," Zen requested.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Does the Republic know, or do they not know, about the future attack?))

Gathering Place of the Found, Coruscant

"Very well, Pilgrim Zen," replied Seeker Adeline. She gestured for one of her serving/assassin droids to bring six small caplets to the one before her. "The Jedi, who use the Force for wicked ends--namely, attacking us--will be very strong. It is up to us to defeat them, and through this mineral not ordinarily found in nature, we will be able to." A small smile. "Starting dose: six pills."

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Perdante, running as fast as she could, pursued Psycho. He seemed to be carrying a tiny piece of bone, perhaps from either Jolee or Anna's body. "Wait!" she cried. Out of the corner of her eye, she got a closer look at the specimen. It was definitely bone, to be sure, but there was metal on it.

"What the Force is that?!" She suddenly had a very bad feeling about this...

"It looks like that Force-inhibiting material Meta found, and I saw Adeline wearing gauntlets made of the stuff, and they've likely crafted their weapons from it. If I'm right, that stuff shouldn't affect people who aren't Force Sensitive, or at least not in a debilitating manner. Otherwise, it would be too dangerous for the Found to use without causing themselves serious harm. I have an idea: they would be expecting Jedi to attack, but what if they were attacked by non-Force using Republic Troopers instead?" Garren suggested, getting a good look at the small bit of that material extracted by Psycho.

Zen looked over at the droid with the capsules. He was a Sangheili warrior, he liked to fight based on his own skill not with some help from a capsule. However he did not want to betray the Seeker. She had given him guidance in her teachings during his time of need. He took the pills from the droid and looked over at Adeline. Maybe he could compromise with her without her even knowing.

"Would you have me take these now or when I am truly in need of them?"

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Psycho looked over at Perdante as she stared at the bone he had in his hand. He listened to the new imput from Garren and his mind began to go to work. A force inhibiting metal...that explained how Jolee couldn't sense the attack and Anna's death as well.

Wait...what about that guy back on Dantooine?

"I found no traces of the metal on Jolee's body but what you've said makes sense. Is it possible the metal is not in the weapons but perhaps in the Found members themselves?" he asked.

(and since I couldn't help but bring at least an alternate version of her in...)

However, at that point, Garren received a call on his portable communicator. He activated it, and a small hologram of a blue Twi'lek woman appeared on it. "You called?" She asked him. "Hello dear." Garren replied casually. "Space it, Garren. You cheated on me with with Adon Rha!" The Twi'lek rebuked. "Now Niera, like I said before, I only did it so I could steal the UMBRA device, and if you were his type, it would have been you and not me. And honestly, that was just business. Now, you and I, that's love." Garren explained. "You're right, I can't stay mad at you. You need my help, I take it?" Niera calmed down slightly. "Yes, come to the Jedi Temple, we're going after the Found, and the more non-Force Sensitives on our side, the better. I'll see you when you get here." Garren elaborated, switching off the comm.

((Would it be possible for Jolee's body to vanish? I was going to set up a talk between Juahni and his Force ghost.))

"I found no traces of the metal on Jolee's body but what you've said makes sense. Is it possible the metal is not in the weapons but perhaps in the Found members themselves?"

"That would make sense." Juhani said quietly. "Jolee was an experienced Knight and was usually able to sense attacks before they happened. This could explain why he was so easily killed."

When I find the woman who killed Jolee I swear she will die. A very slow and painful death.

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

"It's that metal," Perdante mused, "that can absorb and negate the Force. It sounds like the members of the Found are using it, and to their advantage. If so, then we Jedi and former Sith are going to be in real trouble unless we remember our melee and blaster skills. If we try to use Force powers against these brainwashed people, they'll never work. We have to do this old-school." She grimaced--had she really said old-school? After smirking and shaking her head, she asked, "Hey, guys--what's happening to Jolee Bindo's body?" Indeed, it was vanishing into thin air: becoming one with the Force itself.

"Take them now," directed the Seeker, "so that you will have time to become immune to the Force powers of the Jedi. Ostanovium does not work immediately--although," she added softly, "our engineers are working on that. They're distilling an ultra-pure sample, one that can make a Jedi lose his or her Force powers in a span of ten minutes instead of sixty. Remarkable."

She licked her glossed lips. The taste of utter victory was near at hand...

"I...suppose you could say I've found religion." he said with a wry smile. If one could call the Found a religion. When one looked at it, it was really much, much more than that - but that wasn't a conversation he wanted to have with her right now. She might have been exiled, but he wasn't certain what the circumstances were...and until he could figure out what terms she had with the Jedi, he didn't want to risk revealing the Found to an enemy. "But beyond that...well, merc work, mostly. It doesn't seem that there's much else for former Jedi to do." he tossed his shoulders in a light shrug. "I've never been one for farming."

"That's why we need the Republic's assistance, rather than just approval. The Found are mainly melee fighters, and that metal only really helps them against Jedi. Think how easy it would be for Troopers, or even Smugglers to gun them down. Who brings blaster to a knife fight? The winner." Garren pointed out. "I've got a ... friend coming to join us. She's a smuggler, like me, could be exactly what we need. I've also sent all of my finding, plus the original data back to the Republic. They'd recognise the sort of threat the Found poses, and they'd be forced to help us."

((Man, everbody's going too fast with their posts. Could you guys slow down a little? Please? :( ))

"Knight Garzo? This is your Master, Yakhta Gara. This is an urgent communique--we hear, through our confidential channels, that there is going to be a Jedi attack upon the former Czerka Logistics Complex, now known as the Gathering Place of the Found. A cult resides there, known as the Found, as you can guess by the new name of the building. I want you to serve as a lookout. However, wait until you hear from me that the attack has been cleared by the Republic."

Melany, sarcastic as she was, sighed. She took out her comlink, and replied, "Sure, Master Gara. I'll wait. Thanks." When she put her comlink away, she smiled at her three friends. "Let's make trouble."

"Yeah!" the trio said. And with that, they went out the bar, starting trouble. Getting into fights with a gang, messing with people's minds (Jedi mind trick), you name it. And the most beauty of it... getting chased by Coruscant's cops.

Arai watched him intently as he spoke. There was something he wasn't saying. That she could tell just from his face. Digging just a little deeper told her that his willingness to disclose information on his "religion" hinged upon what sort of relationship she kept with the Jedi.

At his farming comment, she laughed softly. "Believe it or not, I've tried it and you're right. Farming would most definitely not suit you. Lots of manual labor left to the farmhands, in spite of all the heavy machinery they like to keep around." She leaned back in her seat, examining him inside and out. Something felt very different about him, muted somehow. Beyond that, his most immediate shatterpoints seemed focused around the "religion" he'd mentioned earlier. But it was too soon to redirect his attention to it.

"Any jobs on your immediate horizon?" she asked. "If not, I've got an option for you. Two-merc job. Employer said I could pick whoever I wanted." She smiled faintly, noting a slight shift in his pattern. "Wouldn't mind getting back in touch with you, Dom. One of the things I missed most after you left the Jedi was pranking the Masters with you."

Her mind on overdrive, she gauged his internal reaction to that thought and then added, "Though I suppose you might say they had the last laugh on both of us... I think." She looked him up and down, curiously. "Did they take your saber from you when you left?"

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Perdante's face had suddenly turned as red as a Sith's lightsaber. "I'm afraid that if we ask for the Republic's assistance in this matter, the Seeker won't be the only one demanding my unconditional surrender." She sighed. "Before Juhani showed me the way back to the Light, I was a Sith Initiate. I know this, and so do most Republic officers. As a part of my training, I was sent to Tatooine to spy upon a secret meeting and kill everyone there. There were only three, but they were pretty top brass. I used the Force, ever so slowly, to drain the oxygen from the room and into my lungs. Officially, it was ruled an accident--a malfunctioning of the ventilation systems. I know better. I'm a murderess."

She wiped away fresh tears. "I'm a wanted criminal by the Republic, a Sith. If we proceed with the attack now and let me be the sacrifice and distraction for the Seeker, perhaps I will have died a hero and redeemed myself at last..."

Farming was one of the last things he could picture her doing. She was too much like him...which, he supposed, was why they got along so well together. He would die after about a standard month of farming; he couldn't sit still that long in a place that had nothing but flat land, flat land, and even more flat land.

The offer of a job caught him by surprise, and his immediate reaction was a cheerful one. He smiled, this time a little less reserved than before, and that smile only grew as he thought back to the times he'd shared with her at the Jedi Academy. They had been the only good times he had with the Jedi...and that had been when he was breaking the rules.

"I wish I could say yes, Arai," he said, a sense of regret about his tone. "God knows it would be nice to spend time together again, but...I've got an on-planet job to take care of." He pressed his lips together then, weighing his options. Would it be wise to maintain contact with her? She hardly seemed like the sort of person that was a fan of the Jedi...but he wasn't certain of the answer. There was one question he could answer, however; he did want to see her again. "But hey - if you're anywhere as fast as you used to be," A little crooked grin took hold of his lips. "Then your job shouldn't take you long. We could meet up again whenever you finish it."

Zen was hesitant at first but then nodded his head and took the pills. His head twitched for a second as he felt the pills slide down his throat. Zen was tough and knew he would be able to withstand the dosage, that was why she gave him so many.

"It will be an honor to both fight with you and to protect you. When the Jedi arrive I will make them wish they hadn't come."

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Psycho laughed as Perdante spoke of her murders on Tatooine. He then did something he hadn't done since he was a child...he showed compassion. The armored creature placed a hand on Perdnate's shoulder.

"Only three? Let's see what I did on Tatooine. Six muggings, four thefts, one hostage situation, and over one hundred murders. If they gave me another chance to redeem myself than they will most certainly will for you. Everyone deserves a second chance no matter how wicked."

For once someone who was so psychotic was acting very sane.

"Hey, guys--what's happening to Jolee Bindo's body?"

Juhani looked down at the body just as it vanished. She sighed. "His body is becoming one with the force."

A tear came to one of her eyes at the thought that she would never be able to talk to her friend again. "Farewell old friend...may we meet again in the next life."

"I'm a wanted criminal by the Republic, a Sith. If we proceed with the attack now and let me be the sacrifice and distraction for the Seeker, perhaps I will have died a hero and redeemed myself at last..."

Juhani looked up at her and shook her head firmly. "I'm sorry Perdante, but I am not going to let you die. Not after all the trouble I went through to bring you back from the darkside."

"Only three? Let's see what I did on Tatooine. Six muggings, four thefts, one hostage situation, and over one hundred murders. If they gave me another chance to redeem myself than they will most certainly will for you. Everyone deserves a second chance no matter how wicked."

"Pyscho is right. Both of you deserve second chances, no matter what you did."

Melany, along with her other old friends, got away from the cops. They hid in a dark corner and laughed. "God, I missed you all! If my Master hadn't gotten me away from these streets, I'd still have fun. Speaking of master, why hasn't there been any answers? They were suppose to call me back to be on the lookout."

"Aww, they probably forgot. No Jedi's perfect," Geri said.

Melany looked down. "Yeah. No Jedi's perfect..."

Meta watched as the once relatively empty workshop began to fill up with people quick;y and preparations were made to to attack the Found. He actually found it it kind of funny that one moment he'd be minding his own business and the next there would be a congregation around him, like someone had hit the 'Meet Here' switch. On the other hand, it was also slightly annoying because the workshop could only hold so many people and things were starting to get crowded. How was Meta supposed to finish and test his weapon with all of these people in the way? What annoyed him a bit further was the idea that they assault on the Found would require the Republic's approval. Meta was given charge of saving Jedi. Meta was the Republic in this case, though he was willing to wait until an official source responded to their request. Besides, it wasn't like he'd exactly elaborated on his position or even what species he was.

“Yeah, while I sympathize with what you probably feel, I say that the pity party is now officially over. The past is gone and there's nothing to be done, so suck up the tears and make sure you're ready for tomorrow. You won't be so heroic if you're crying your eyes out during the attack.” Meta ordered, stepping in the middle of the group. He picked the piece of bone from right from Psycho's fingers and said “I need to take to scan this, look over the information that our Rep-man just gave us, and get my weapon in working order. Unless anyone wants to be test subject for a tracking plasma weapon, then I'm going to ask you all to get out and get some sleep, or do whatever you have to do. We'll attack at dawn, though if you hear a big explosion from this workshop, then know that it'll be pushed back to noon.”

Lady's Lekku Cantina, Coruscant

Melany heard another fierce crackling on her comlink, this one sounding rather impatient. "Garzo?" came the lovely voice of Jedi Master Yakhta Gara. "Find a room for the night somewhere, perhaps in the Temple. I haven't heard a word about whether the attack on the Gathering Place of the Found has been cleared by the Republic or not, so if there is going to be an offensive, then it's going to be tomorrow. Get some sleep. You're going to need it."

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

"I agree about the need for sleep," Perdante added. "It's been a long day. Plus, who knows what's going to happen tomorrow? This is one of those cases where the enemy is threatening to 'checkmate' every single user of the Force, and not just two or three Jedi or Sith who are considered special threats. If we lose, everyone who is sensitive to the Force will also lose." She sighed. "Murderer or not, I'm glad I have this chance to set things right.

"Juhani? Thank you for showing me the way back to the Light. Meta? Thank you for coming up with 'the Plan' and the device, and I hope it works the way it has to if we're going to succeed. Garren? You have my gratitude for coming closer to killing that psychopath Seeker Adeline than any of us. Psycho? Thank you for helping to keep me sane, or at least willing to stop me if my old Sith Master's voice starts ringing in my head again." She glanced around. "Most of all, thank you, Jolee and Anna, for your ultimate sacrifice."

Perdante crossed her hands over her heart and bowed her head modestly.

"I'll repay you tomorrow. Something tells me the Seeker might not let me go."

"No rest for the weary tonight," mused Seeker Adeline slowly as her followers stared, wide-eyed, into the fluorescent glare of what used to be an ordinary, run-of-the-mill Czerka Corporation headquarters. "It's a side effect of the mineral we're all taking. A small price to pay to be protected from the Force."

She knelt down to pray before a makeshift altar constructed from a podium:

Creator help us, Creator bless us, Creator save us.

The users of the Force are coming to attack.

They are Jedi, and can be found.

Spare their lives, and prompt their hearts to surrender.

If they do not yield, they are just as lost as all the rest.

Creator forgive us all...

So let it be.

"Juhani? Thank you for showing me the way back to the Light."

Juhani bowed and then raised her head and smiled at her. "It was not a problem at all. I'm sure that if our positions were reversed you would have done the same thing."

Juhani turned to head toward her quarters but as she walked away a faint blue light appeared in front of her. That blue light took on the shape of a man...a man with a bald head and kind old eyes.

"Well hello there youngsters!"

"Jolee!" Juhani cried happily as she started to try and embrace him in hug only to realize a few seconds before she did that he didn't really have a physical body anymore.

"Ahhh...so this is the young one that you managed to bring back from the darkside." Jolee said giving Perdante a look over. "Congratulations on joining the jedi youngster."

Jolee turned to Juhani and smiled. "I came here to talk to you...Especally you two." He said to Perdante and Juhani, shaking a finger at the two of them. "Juhani...you need to let go of the anger you feel toward my killer. I don't want you going after my killer to take revenge. If your going to go after her then I want you to stop her for the sake of everyone."

"Why? She killed you Jolee! She took your life before I could even say goodbye to you! She deserves to die for what she did to you!" Juhani's voice shook with rage and hatred. "I vowed that I would kill her for you!"

"I don't want that Juhani. I want you to live out your life free of hatred and anger. I don't want you to even come close to falling to the darkside. You and I...well just you really, carry the knowledge and memories of our time with Revan. Promise me Juhani...that you'll let go of your hatred."

Juhani's voice was quiet. "Anything for you Jolee...I promise that I will not let my anger get the better of me when the time comes."

"Thats a good lass. Now...I'd like to talk to your former sith friend in private if you don't mind." Jolee said as he motioned Perdante to come over and talk to him.

Garren turned to Juhani. "Leave Adeline to me. I've got more of a chance against her, and for me, it's not about revenge." He told her. "We have to be better than that. Otherwise, we're just as bad as them, and better people will eventually come after us."

Fethe returned from the trip he had on Manaan, he returned to the Jedi Academy on Coruscant. Upon his arrival he manages to see the smuggler that gave him the datapad.

“You have returned to the academy, I have just arrived from Manaan, any news on the new threat?”- Fethe asks to the smuggler.

Perdante quivered a little bit. She had never actually seen or met a Force Ghost in person, let alone talked to one. Still, she was humbly curious and stepped forward. "Yes?" she asked. "I'm not really one of the Sith anymore...sir."

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Psycho looked over at Garren and nodded in approval at his request.

"I can back you up but I'm going to need some help." "Do you jedi keep confiscated weapons anywhere?" he asked out loud.

Zen knelt down where he was and joined Adeline in her prayer. While his mouth as saying one thing his mind was thinking something else. He knew it was going to be a tough fight but he couldn't give up. He had to defend his new clan from the cold emotionless jedi. The jedi did nothing for his people the last time and he certainly wasn't going to let them intervene again.

It didn't take a Jedi to notice that lightsabers were a touchy subject for Dominic; he'd completely ignored that question. But that was the least of Arai's worries. Why was his presence in the Force so faded? It made reading his shatterpoints much more difficult, though thankfully not impossible.

He was a bit wary of her. There was something he considered very important that he didn't feel as though he could tell her. More than anything, that resistance made her curious. And so, after weighing her options carefully, she laughed out loud.

"Come on, Dom," she said, smiling widely at him. "You turn me down without even hearing what the job is? That's not like you. And besides that, the job is on-planet and I really think you'd enjoy it."

Archived