Home

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: Endgame

"I'm not really one of the Sith anymore...sir."

"Oh hush now. You don't need to call me sir. I'm going to talk to you about Juhani."

Jolee took a quick look over at Juhani and then lowered his voice. "I want you to look out for Juhani. She may seem invincible but shes not. Like you, she has had her own encounters with the darkside and I'm worried about her. I'm worried that she might go after my murderer and end up like me. Promise me you'll keep an eye on her for me since I can't anymore."

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dominic had warning bells going off in his head by now, and he knew that this would be the time to take his leave. He had seen enough interrogations - and been trained well enough to carry them out - to know when the interrogator had hooked on to something. Somehow, Arai had found something in his demeanor that had tipped her off...exactly how or what, he had no idea. But he knew he needed to get out of here.

He had been drinking his Juma intermittently, and know he dumped what was left down the back of his throat. He was unsettled and hurried, which meant that he had little mind for whether or not he was making a scene. Setting his glass back down, he gave Arai a quick smile.

"I'm afraid that I don't have time." he said, and though he hadn't looked at any clocks, he said, "And speaking of time, I've run out of it. Here," he slid her a contact card. "Find me again when you've got the opportunity. I'll see you soon." And without waiting for a further farewell, he turned and left. He needed to get back to base; his gut just didn't feel right.

Perdante bowed her head before the Force Ghost of Jolee Bindo. "Before I do," she said, "please tell me: Why should Juhani not take vengeance upon Seeker Adeline? Not only did she murder you, but she is also responsible for the death of another Jedi Knight, Anna Organ. The gloves that the Seeker was wearing had knuckles made out of a metal called ostanovium, which absorbs and negates the Force. There was no way that Anna could have healed herself."

She gritted her teeth. "Why should I hold Juhani back from what she wants?"

"We have to be better than that. Otherwise, we're just as bad as them, and better people will eventually come after us."

Juhani turned to him and shook her head.

"I doubt that you would stand much of a chance against her. She was able to kill a jedi knight and a very experienced one at that. I think it would be better if a Lightsaber was used against her rather then a blaster."

"Why should I hold Juhani back from what she wants?"

"Because, due to her cathar temple she's more vulnerable to the darkside then any of you. She resists it...but when I was still alive I was constantly worried about her. And as for Anna Organ...I think that Grand Master Brianna should handle that. Anna Organ was one of her students and the Grand Master is an expert at combat, she stands a better chance then any of us. I don't want to see Juhani fall. Promise an old man that you'll watch over her for me."

"I doubt that you would stand much of a chance against her. She was able to kill a jedi knight and a very experienced one at that. I think it would be better if a Lightsaber was used against her rather then a blaster."

Psycho shook his head at this statement in obviously disagreement.

"Both the lightsaber and blaster will work but I say we go with the blaster. This Adeline person can't use the force so she can't block blaster fire, but in my opinion we should just blow her up with a rocket before she can do any real damage," he said showing his love for carnage just a bit.

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

"I promise," Perdante replied, with the full strength of her heart and soul poured into those two words. "Juhani saved my life, literally and figuratively. I would have kept on being a Sith and killing innocents if it weren't for her, and so it's more than fair that I keep watch over her in one of her darkest hours." Licking her lips, she found it hard to continue because her throat was so dry. "Thank you for speaking to me," she said. "I'll try to make you proud."

Gathering Place of the Found, Baptismal Room, Coruscant

Seeker Adeline was preparing the Throne of Gain for its first willing occupant. It was made out of ostanovium, but in only a sedating concentration of the metal. Exposure to the pure form of it was painful, as her Pilgrims tried not to show in front of her. It caused joint pain and lightheadedness in low-concentration doses, but at the level necessary for Gain through Loss, anaphylactic shock was often experienced. Or, so Khristof had warned.

"They are Jedi," the Seeker said. "They are strong. They can endure it."

Or, so she thought. Or, so she hoped. The lost must ALL be found...

"I'll try to make you proud."

Jolee nodded his head once and smiled at Perdante. "Thats a good lass. Now...I think it's time I said my goodbyes to you and Juhani.

He motioned Juhani over to him who waved at him once before Jolee managed to get a few words in. "Juhani...make sure you tell her all those stories I told you. See if she learns anything from them, she seems to be a bright lass I'm sure she will."

"I will." Juhani said quietly as his form began to flicker and he turned to Perdante. "Remember, you once followed the path of the darkside, you can talk to Juhani if you ever feel you are begining to fall."

His form flickered again and he smiled at the two of them. "Goodbye youngsters. Stay safe."

Jolee's form then vanished.

((I'm ready))

Zen watched Adeline prepare the Throne of Gain. He knew he was ready physically but he needed to be prepared mentally. He was a Sangheili warrior and by his family's honor he would not fail.

Dominic pulled his hood back up as he stepped outside and into the rain that was now falling. He was suddenly very glad that he had worn his cloak.

Once he was covered, he dug his hands deep into his pockets and bent his head against the wind, starting off down the boardwalk. He hoped that the walk and the rain would give him something else to think about, something that would work this feeling out of his gut...but the weight stayed settled, and didn't release. The only thing he could liken it to was a premonition in the Force, even though he'd disconnected himself from the Force a long, long time ago. Whatever it was, it quickened his pace.

Maybe it was just the same bad feeling that had told him to leave his conversation with Arai. He didn't like the way she pressed the topic of the job with him...and it might have seemed silly to others - paranoid, even - but he got the sense that she was only pressing it in order to get him to divulge what he would be doing otherwise. Hadn't he made it clear that that wasn't an open subject of conversation when he didn't offer any details??

But no...as unsettling as that was, that wasn't what set him off. It was something worse, so much worse, and when he arrived at the compound, he realized that he wasn't the only one to feel this way. The compound was gearing up for complete battle mode, and Seeker Adeline had everyone moving. He frowned at the all the activity, and immediately began to feel the effects of ostanovium in the air. That shouldn't have been possible...unless there was a huge amount of it in the place.

Not wanting to approach Adeline directly, he instead sought out Zen and went to him once he found him. "What's going on here?"

((Tysy? Melany's sarcasm and fighting skills is ready to kick some Found's honey buns! :D ))

Melany smiled at her friends. "Hey guys. I gotta go. Duty calls. But I'll be sure to come back. If my master don't find out about this." She grinned mischieviously at the last sentence. "See yaz!" After her friends wished her luck, the young Jedi apprentice jumped into her Jedi starfighter and flew off to the Jedi Temple.

(Moments later, at the Jedi Temple)

Melany landed in the Hanger, got out and ran to find Juhani. After searching, she finally found the Cathar. "Master Juhani! Yo! Master Juhani!" After she came to her, she panted, trying to catch her breath. "Um... sorry to interrupt, but... my master, Yakhta Gara, told me I was to be one of the lookouts for this Found's Gathering Place gate. And signal you guys when to attack." Melany glanced at Psycho and Perdante. "Uh... pardon my Huttese, but... who the heck are you guys?"

(I'm ready)

"He's right. They don't have the Force to help them, and if there are any other dangerous side effects of that metal, they'd be hit harder by it than us." Garren explained. "For all we know, it could slowly be killing them."

((I'm ready.))

Master Juhani! Yo! Master Juhani!"

Juhani looked from where Jolee's force ghost had vanished to see one of the younger apprentices running toward her.

Ah. Melany. I wonder where she's been at. Probably out with friends instead of training.

"My master, Yakhta Gara, told me I was to be one of the lookouts for this Found's Gathering Place gate. And signal you guys when to attack."

"I wasn't informed of this." Juhani said in confusion. "Well...if you are to be one of the lookouts then I would assume your also part of the team that is going to be attacking the gathering place of the found."

"I wasn't informed of this." Juhani said in confusion. "Well...if you are to be one of the lookouts then I would assume your also part of the team that is going to be attacking the gathering place of the found."

Melany smiled. "Thanks, master. I won't let you down." She looked at Perdante and Psycho. Then she bowed to them. "Sorry for the low intro. The name's Melany Garzo." She grinned.

After introductions, hasty greetings and even hastier partings, the denizens of the Jedi Temple, the Gathering Place of the Found, and the streets of Coruscant lay down to rest. It was definitely going to be a long night...

ATTACK BRIEFING: Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Perdante, freshly scrubbed and dressed in her most comfortable clothing for battle, finished sharpening her two vibroblades and inserted them into the hilts on her belt. "Good morning, all!" she said brightly, and then turned to Meta. "Let's go over the Plan one more time," she suggested. "I go in first, surrendering to Seeker Adeline. I'm the sacrifice and distraction so that the rest of you can sneak into this complex nest of buildings that the Found are all holed up in, like dirty rakghouls." She sighed. "I'm going to let the Seeker do whatever she wants to me for ten minutes. Ten minutes, tops. I might die, but hopefully that'll buy you guys enough time to kill or incapacitate everyone else you can find. Go for the Seeker last. She's all yours."

ATTACK BRIEFING: Gathering Place of the Found, Coruscant

"Pilgrims!" Seeker Adeline cried to her congregation in the sanctuary of the Gathering Place. "Today is our finest hour, our hour of victory! The Jedi are coming to attack this holy place, and we must give our lives to defend it if necessary. Do you hear me? We must give our lives, or all is lost!"

"All is lost!" shouted the Pilgrims in response. "We will give our lives!"

"Excellent. That is what Khristof teaches--that self-sacrifice and altruism are the highest good, the only good. Anything less than that is evildoing. Fight with pride and honor, but more importantly, fight with strength. Weaklings die. The ostanovium in your bloodstream will keep you safe from any and all Force attacks that the Jedi might use. If you cannot subdue them, then kill them. Every one of them must be found, even through death."

The Pilgrims saluted. "They must be found!"

Seeker Adeline smiled. "Pilgrim Zen? Pilgrim Dominic? I have a special task for you two, and you two alone, to accomplish. Come with me to the Throne of Gain. You are the only ones strong and dedicated enough to guard it while the Jedi are undergoing Gain through Loss--that is, those who choose to. The others shall die, or be incapacitated until they have their turn on the Throne of Gain. That is what all the rest of you shall do: kill or subdue."

"Kill or subdue!" repeated the Pilgrims, saluting again.

"Victory is ours. It must be ours. Truth always reigns. We cannot lose."

Zen heard a familiar voice and turned to face where it had come from. He looked over at Dominic and stood up to speak to him.

"The jedi are planning to attack us tomorrow, and we are readying ourselves now," he replied.

Psycho walked into the room where Meta and Perdante were with a huge grin on his face. To an ex criminal, getting weapons to use was like a birthday. He had found a few things he needed for the upcoming fight including a missile launcher, two blaster rifles, a couple thermal detonators, and a mine or two. Not to mention his two tonfas as well as the built in flamethrowers.

"Greetings all, are we ready to get this thing started or what?"

Zen listened to Adeline's speech and was inspired by it. He joined in the group's chanting when they did so and even let out a roar causing all of his mandibles to open up. He bowed before the speaker when he was given his task, though he would have preferred to stay and fight. He would not fail his new family, he couldn't.

“If you don't mind me mentioning, I also did manage to find a tester for my weapon, which makes sure the plasma bolts, or plasma grenades that I can equip, will track anyone carrying the Found's mineral. The test was a success, though he did have to go to the medbay. I owe him an android. Anyway, it also doubles as a sensor so that when we start getting close to them, we'll know they're there.” Meta stated, walking around the main table in the briefing room. He tapped one of the consoles and brought up the schematics of the Found complex.

“Thanks to our Rep-man, we not only know where the Found are held up, but also which points are available for insertion. Perdy here will be walking through the front door, which probably makes her job the easiest. On the other hand, we can't walk in with her, making our jobs harder. The Found are probably expecting an assault from Jedi, with seeking vengeance as their motive. Hence, they're not expecting a collective of non-Force using operatives to sneak in the back doors and start pouring out the cracks. Therefore, we will infiltrate using the sewer lines that connect to all parts of the complex. The troops that the Republic will provide will be making an aerial insertion and work their way from the top of the complex, while we come up from the bottom in a vertical Polish ambush. There will be soldiers stationed outside the complex to intercept anyone attempting to escape, though there won't be that many. The less likelihood of escape that the Found members have, the harder they fight. We just want to break their back here, not create a slaughter.”

Meta added the last sentence because that wasn't what he thought, but what the Republic brass told him to say at this briefing. They were very picky about image.

Dominic hadn't had time to retrieve his battle armor - he'd hardly even had time to compute what was going on. Just as he managed to get to Zen, Adeline had stood and begun to address all that were gathered. The Jedi...were attacking? Here? How in hell's name had they found them so quickly??

The Pilgrim cast his eyes around quickly. He smelled a rat.

But there would be no time for that, either. He dropped his cloak on his way up to the altar, drawing his blaster simultaneously, and outfitting it with a field scope. It wouldn't be much, but...the Jedi only had one way into this room, and that was through the main doors. If he was going to be standing in the back, he was sure as hell going to make use of the altar's high vantage point and get in whatever shots he could. The Jedi would find their abilities hampered by the ostanovium in the air, so the chances of them sensing a blaster bolt coming from a hundred yards away...

When he reached the altar, he knelt quickly before Adeline. He didn't wait for permission to stand again. "Your Holiness," he said quickly, "We're fighting here? In this room?" The Gathering Room was large, yes, but it was just large enough to fit their gathering. To think of a battle with a Jedi here...well, the Jedi weren't really the ones he was worried about. Lightsabers would score the walls, but what little space there was left in the room would cramp them and their advance. The main doors, too, would help to bottleneck their forces, allowing only a few through at a time. This would be a perfect place to meet a Jedi contingent in battle...but he was worried that it wouldn't only be Jedi in the attacking force. Republic blasters would be a little more difficult to handle.

Garren stepped up to the front after Meta told them to avoid slaughter. "Now, Jedi, I want you to keep your distance as much as possible. The Force is their real enemy, so naturally, it's what they're most prepared for. I recommend using the Force to manipulate the environment against them, and not attacking them directly unless you're absolutely sure you have the advantage." He added.

"Makes sense," replied Perdante with a nod. "Also, this may seem odd for a Sith to say, or at least a former Sith, but I don't want too many people getting killed here. All these 'Found' members sound like they've been brainwashed by their leader, the ostanovium, or maybe both. Unless they attack us directly, it might be better if they were captured and 'deprogrammed' than 'terminated'."

Seeker Adeline raised a querulous eyebrow at the young man before her.

"We will not only fight the Jedi here in this room, Pilgrim Dominic," she said slowly. "The Jedi, if I know their tactics, will be crawling all over the building like dirty, disease-spreading gizka that you just can't get rid of except by poison. I want a certain contingent of Pilgrims to remain here, and all the rest to go about the building, even in the ventilation ducts, and hunt the Jedi down. Set your blasters to 'stun'. We want to save as many Jedi as possible from the error of their Force-manipulating ways. If you must kill, kill with your bare hands. All of you have been trained in the basics of melee combat."

She smiled. "Plus, it's far more satisfying to hear someone's neck break."

And that was the only thing that stopped him from getting any closer to Seeker Adeline than he already was. Dominic was not one for romantic attachments, but he saw nothing wrong with being platonic friends with members of the opposite sex - and even then, he would not suppose himself to be equal with the Seeker. But friendliness would not be a crime or a sin...except that he couldn't bring himself to do it because of moments like these, when she showed the true bloodthirsty woman that hid behind her mask of perfection. He respected her as a leader and knew that, in her heart, her every action was dedicated to the preservation and spread of the Truth...but her gruesome nature often set him ill at ease.

He nodded with relief, glad that she saw the wisdom in spreading out. Should worse come to worse, they could use the Gathering Room - but only as a last resort, the location of their last stand, as a primitive army would use a castle's keep. This would be the place where the Found came to die...and take as many Force users with them as they possibly could. The Pilgrim switched his blaster to stun, and bowed quickly. "Then I will protect the Throne with my life."

"Like any other cult, the Found depend on their leader, in this case, Seeker Adeline, for direction. That's why she is our primary target. Without her, the Found will become lost and confused. Don't expect confronting her to end peacefully, quietly, or quickly. Her zeal is too great for her to be willing to surrender under any circumstances." The newly arrived Niera Secura pointed out.

Archived