Home

Revan's Possible Fate

I may have figured out what happened to our beloved Revan and there doesn't even need to be a KOTOR 3 to find out what it is. We just follow the clues in the games. One clue is HK-47. For those of you in KOTOR who restore his memory he tells you that he shuts down after his master gets killed or dies. HK-47 went with Revan to the Unknown Regions and in KOTOR II you find him deactivated in the Ebon Hawk. Revan had set out to find and destroy the Sith in the Unknown Regions and by the looks of things in TOR he failed. It's really easy to figure it out. They didn't need to make a KOTOR 3 when we could easily figure it out. The best stories are usually the ones that leave you with questions at the end. So that may very well be Revan's fate....

It's clear to me that he fail, Kreia said he leave to stop the true Siths, and he never come back, so he's probable death, yes.

But that was predictable, what could Revan do againstan entire Sith empire, event if he has been the most powerful Sith of his time (i'm not saying it's true, just an hypothesis), a single person can't beat an empire...

I'm also saying it's possible that Revan failed in his mission to stop the Sith since you see that they return in TOR.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. If Revan had succeeded and destroyed the Sith Empire once and for all, then the main 'plot' (if thats what you want to call it) for TOR would be gone, and they (Bioware/EA) would have troubles doing it and making money off of it.

I wonder if that vision in Ludo Kresh's Tomb (Please do NOT spoil it for the newbs) was indicative of a future meeting between Revan and Exile?

I doubt anyone will have any answers to the Exile's fate so it may just suffice to say she was lost and it came to/was of no consequence.

They were just two people, hardly unique, and obviously neither were singular.

It's likely that Revan did start his own legion or did do something in the outer rim which had an impact. I'm beginning to think that with all the "infiltartion" stuff revealed lately, Revan may have been fighting a more covert, stealth war in this way to try to undermine the Sith Empire in order to weaken it--at least I would think Revan had some way of being involved because the piece that doesn't fit is why all those warriors looked like Revan on the "Deceived" video. Also if Darth Malgus is notably different and said to occasionally be a cirtic of the Emperor at times...does that not hint at something? Malgus also with the revan-esque warriors... There might be a connection of some sort, but just what will have to remain a mystery for now. This is purely speculative.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

He can't work if he gets blasted to pieces and loses all his parts. Interesting theory, though.

Revan, at least, could still be alive. (Turned to Dark or held in prison by the Sith). Who knows? Maybe his plan to the Empire won't come to frution until TOR...

• 2 weeks later...
It's likely that Revan did start his own legion or did do something in the outer rim which had an impact. I'm beginning to think that with all the "infiltartion" stuff revealed lately, Revan may have been fighting a more covert, stealth war in this way to try to undermine the Sith Empire in order to weaken it--at least I would think Revan had some way of being involved because the piece that doesn't fit is why all those warriors looked like Revan on the "Deceived" video. Also if Darth Malgus is notably different and said to occasionally be a cirtic of the Emperor at times...does that not hint at something? Malgus also with the revan-esque warriors... There might be a connection of some sort, but just what will have to remain a mystery for now. This is purely speculative.

Interesting theory, but the problem is that Malgus and all of those warriors are Sith. It has been confirmed that Revan left known space as a Jedi Knight, so his followers should also be warriors of the light. Also, I refuse to believe that he wore the Sith costume after the light side ending. It was a symbol of his identity as the Dark Lord of the Sith, and it just doesn't sit right with a redeemed Revan.

I believe he returned discreetly after tsl from what we know so far (it says that we have proof that he failed in he failed.

Dude, no. Bastila would have known and the Jedi would have felt his presence. I believe he was still in the unknown regions. Instead of coming back, I think he got trapped in a stasis from which he could not awaken...

I believe that Revan pretty much wreaked havoc in Dromund Kaas then died in battle, probably only causing the True Sith a speck of trouble. He didn't live after going away. Everyone hates to see thir favorite character die, which is why there all these theories on him being alive, but the truth is that Revan died. End of story.

@ Ping: Then consider what I am about to say as to HOW Revan could have wreaked havoc. Remember, war doesn't need to have weapons just to be a war.

Interesting theory, but the problem is that Malgus and all of those warriors are Sith. It has been confirmed that Revan left known space as a Jedi Knight, so his followers should also be warriors of the light. Also, I refuse to believe that he wore the Sith costume after the light side ending. It was a symbol of his identity as the Dark Lord of the Sith, and it just doesn't sit right with a redeemed Revan.

Then you're not completely getting what I'm getting at.

I can accept my dear Revan died, (as I did my dear Exile whom I think I liked even more than Revan). However, my implication is that Revan didn't just charge in like an idiot, or at least like Malak. I think he tried to be cerebral about it: sewing the seeds of complacency, doubt, mistrust, or at the least skepticism within the enemy. Anything that may cause them and their unity to fall apart. To pit them against each other. The best way to do that is to blend in for a time, I would think.

Sure Revan probably might have had one last charge of going out in glory, but this would have been a ruse to cover the greater plan of his that had yet to manifest itself--such a thing would have taken lifetimes to come to fruition. However the intrigues Revan would have engaged in would have had effects that far outlived him. Effects that would eventually weaken and erode the Sith empire, in subtle and slowly creeping ways.

The knowing emperor may have foreseen this, but even with all of his power and insight he would not be able to completely stop such intrigues as they are hinged upon the individual. All he could do is roll with it and try his best to twist it to his will if he could not purge it; Convince them his vision was what Revan wanted, only Revan did not realize it because the Jedi turned him back to the light. Get them to side ultimately with him, even if they think they are following Revan's rebellious teachings. Something like that.

For example the symbolism of HIS warriors having a similar mask to Revan would have some powerful psychological effects to Sith who were Revan sympathizers, as well as towards the republic when the day finally came to invade it. As we saw with Dustil, the Sith are no fools, nor strangers to keeping their prospective followers in the dark about certain things. Especially that which would weaken their loyalty and resolve to the Sith as a whole.

Now, Malgus may have no connection to Revan whatsoever, however, the fact that he shows compassion and consideration to his twilek slave lady is at least a hint to holes in their philosophy. You have to recall that these sith weren't as refined as sith in the future (namely Darth Bane and the rule of two). Besides, how many other Sith lords show the same? Probably not many, if any at all.

The only other things I have in my corner that Revan did something more are:

A> From Darth Bane's perspective looking back in the novel Path of Destruction, Bane had admiration for Revan, even though he knew Revan had turned back to the light.

B>

===SPOILER ALERT!===

I don't want to spoil the Bane novels, but

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

some of the things Revan's holocron taught Darth Bane, like how if the sith number more than two, there will eventually be infighting because the Dark Side invites strife and rivalry makes me think Revan had reason to engage in intrigues.

Another matter is when Revan actually made his holocron. Sure he most likely made it before being captured, but that isn't to say he couldn't have come back later and added some additional knowledge and wisdom.

For example: Though it is left unsaid in the Bane series, there is a window of opportunity Bane could have added something to his previously made holocron just before he died about certain knowledge he had obtained about "essence transfer". So it leads me to wonder further if the "impurity" in the core of Revan's holocron might be evidence of this. Like the impurity is a result of Revan having initially made the Holocron in the dark side, and then coming back later in the light side and adding to it before hiding it again. Probably believing that someone within *this* sith empire would track it down and not counting on it making an entirely new sith order, remaining forgotten until discovered many years in the future.

===SPOILER END.===

C> Drew Karpyshyn wrote the Bane series, AND he is working on the storyline of TOR.

D> Given:

1) the soft spot L.A. has for Vader, and Malgus being more than a little coincidentally similar to Vader,

2) Malgus' obvious personality differences from the rest of the Sith havign been pointed out (it's all we have on him besides the trilers)

E> Unless you can point to somewhere else (besides "**** just happens") that Malgus might get the inspiration for his thinking skepticism in his support for the Sith, then out with it. Because there's not much other source it could have come from off in some isolated region of the Galaxy. None I can think of at any rate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

first of all revans armor was desing by the empeor when he first met him.

second i like very much revan and i am unhupy to say he die. he just destroy many things and die to give the republic time to recover thats why the empire attacked the republic 300 years after. and ofcource the republic and the jedi were so stupid that after the jedi war they werent afraid that this will hupen again and didnt create an army. after the sith took coruscant they create army.

• 2 weeks later...
Revan is your character, they put him into a null void area so you could imagine what happened to him. I doubt actually giving his "fate" would change this in the eyes of most Kotor players

Hasn't appeared to yet anyways.

first of all revans armor was desing by the empeor when he first met him.

Uh no. His mask belonged to a mandalorian woman who dared defy her superior for eradication. The rest of his wears were armored robes.

second i like very much revan and i am unhupy to say he die. he just destroy many things and die to give the republic time to recover thats why the empire attacked the republic 300 years after. and ofcource the republic and the jedi were so stupid that after the jedi war they werent afraid that this will hupen again and didnt create an army. after the sith took coruscant they create army.

Ohh-kay. :rolleyes:

To me, it always seemed clear that Revan abandoned HK-47 when he abandoned everyone else. Bastila and Carth reluctantly but willingly agreed to stay behind, Canderous was given orders to assemble the Mandalorians, Juhani and Jolee presumably rejoined the Jedi Order to prepare them for Revan's return, and T3-M4 was left behind and tried to help. In my mind, HK refused to obey Revan's command to stay behind, so Revan disabled and dismantled him to keep him from following. I assume he had to do something similar with Zalbaar, who's live debt would have obligated him to follow as well - either that, or he went with Revan as well. Mission might have gone with them, but it's likely she was left behind somewhere as well, possibly in the care of Carth/Bastila.

inside the tomb of one of the old sith lords before revans time, if you paid attention the sith destroyed themselves they always do when they are in high numbers they dwindle in numbers over time. what makes these "true sith" any different if they are true to what they are then they do the same thing. Which in conclusion if he had to go into the unkonw regions who is to say the sith in TOR are one of which came from the "true sith" there will always be sith if their are jedi... ALWAYS... i believe revan found the "true sith" and faced them and the fate of revan and the "true sith" is what it is. Did he waste his entire life to find them? Did he fight them? How many Sith were there? Were those sith fighting themselves? too many questions with little answers.

inside the tomb of one of the old sith lords before revans time, if you paid attention the sith destroyed themselves they always do when they are in high numbers they dwindle in numbers over time.

[Greetings. :D]

I thought we had already established this?

what makes these "true sith" any different if they are true to what they are then they do the same thing.
This point is one that seems to be making some people question whether or not to even play this MMO game. Like whether or not it is really even worth playing since it's a filler.

We all know it's a blur for the foreseeable future up to the point of 1000 BBY.

That's just the thing, we don't know if they actually *are* any different other than their arcane and little understood crafts, their heritage, etc.

Basically this is really just a legion born of some as yet unidentified individual having fled the original wars, whom is now the emperor of his own legion. The questions surrounding this are:

1) How has he lived all these 1300+ years?

2) How he could ever establish such a dynasty and that it continued to flourish?

3) What is his motive besides (or perhaps for) galactic domination?

And probably a few other questions, but none I can think of ATM that are burning.

4) What (if any) differences are there to his philosophy as a sith ruler compared to his predecessors, and what of this different philosophy makes it necessarily any more superior?

Which in conclusion if he had to go into the unkonw regions who is to say the sith in TOR are one of which came from the "true sith"

I'm pretty sure this and perhaps some of your related questions to it can be (and have already been) answered if you go look at the linked videos in the SWTOR section--the republic holonet subforum.

http://lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=736

Have fun! ;)

there will always be sith if their are jedi... ALWAYS...

Of course. They'll change throughout the times, but yes.

i believe revan found the "true sith" and faced them and the fate of revan and the "true sith" is what it is. Did he waste his entire life to find them? Did he fight them? How many Sith were there? Were those sith fighting themselves? too many questions with little answers.

I hoped that I shed at least some light on Revan's possible fate in post #14 above. Will gladly clarify anything you need. Warning, it is spoiler-heavy.

For brevity sake I will just merely say what made Revan so significant was that he figured out the flaws of the old sith as well as how to bring down the Jedi.

As it relates to his fate and the MMO: Personal opinion is that Revan found the call of home; that he was merely an agent cog in the much, much larger scheme of things whether or not he knew it at any given time. Revan chose to fight it in his own way once he learned the truth.

I also believe that this war, having gone on since Exar Kun, is merely the continuation from the scraps of the grand galactic war a thousand years before Revan. It just took merely certain pieces of the puzzle falling into place over time in order to give the Sith exile who fled to Dromund Kaas and started his empire anew what he needed to once again wage war.

I'm sure this Emperor will have figured out some things to refine his sith from past sith, but will be searching in vain for the real secret of how to truly bring down the Jedi and rule the galaxy. Why do I say this? Well...You'll have to read the Darth Bane novels to find out what I am getting at. OR simply read my spoilers above if you don't have the patience. I'll gladly clarify anything you want.

well its obvious that revan died and didnt defeat the sith because that would mean the sektology of star wars films were pointless but what i want to know is what was up the with ending for tsl and the thing with carth and bastila what happened? and i want to know how revan died so there is a point to make a kotor 3

I figured out what happened to Revan the other day

[joke] so after hearing from Bastila that he was going to be a father he skipped town and "lost" himself in Nar Shadda, got himself a flop house, and started frequenting the pazzak dens and started dating a Twilek dancer. The reason nobody has found him is because he can mask his presence, that combined with being on the smuggler's moon (which is hard to focus one's self iirc) is why the crew could never find him again. [/joke]

It's so obvious :p

^^^:lol: Good one. Yes it is *so* obvious.

well its obvious that revan died and didnt defeat the sith because that would mean the sektology of star wars films were pointless but what i want to know is what was up the with ending for tsl and the thing with carth and bastila what happened?

:ugh:

Ok, sounds like you haven't even played K1--that or you haven't payed enough attention to the storyline.

The ending for TSL...is cryptic and vague... Thank you lucasarts for rushing it out... In other words it's incomplete as-is, what you see is what you get. So it's left to your imagination--and any official canon. Just anyone knows this.

Carth and Bastilla? They're curious for any news on Revan. Being that you're the last of the Jedi in the known galaxy, it would be logical to ask you about Revan, would it not?

May I suggest you do a little searching and reading for yourself to satisfy your curiosity if you're having trouble with understanding the storyline in the game?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Good luck!

and i want to know how revan died so there is a point to make a kotor 3

What *exactly* happened to Revan in the outer regions? I can't tell you *exactly*. ...I have TRIED to give a hint at this in post #14 based on relevant known canon.

This will probably be covered in the upcoming MMO. Maybe, maybe not.

Archived