Home

Level them up or wait until they become Jedi?

FoxRaweln

Hi guys. I am starting my first KOTOR 2 playthrough, but I am not unprepared. After beating KOTOR 1, I read a few FAQs at GameFAQs and realized how much I messed up in my game. So I read KOTOR 2 FAQs before starting to play it. I don't care much about spoilers, not when 30 - 40 hours of gaming can be spoiled by a single dialog mistake or point distribution error, or even a glitch left uncorrected.

So, I discovered that many of the characters become Jedi as the game progresses and you gain Influence with them, much like what happens to Revan in KOTOR 1. However, Revan loses all those levels we upped as a base class before becoming a Jedi, and he gets less Jedi powers because of that.

My questions are: is it possible to progress through the game by only leveling Kreia and the Exile, saving the other characters levels for when they become Jedi? Or does it get too difficult? Are we still able to upgrade their base class feats after they become Jedi?

• 1 month later...

I know you said you "don't care" about spoilers but:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

first off, the influence system is *odd*. you can train them either with very high (100) or very low (0) influence; the more influence you have with them, the closer to your allignment # they'll be; at 100 influence they match yours exactly, at 0 they are the polar opposite, but at the same spot on the other side. in other words, 20 (mid DS) with 0 influence and they'll be at 70 (mid LS) so for all of these, assume you'll need at the very least 90+ or less than 10 influence with the character.

the following characters can become Jedi:

Atton Rand

Bao-Dur

Handmaiden (Male PC)/Disciple (Female PC)

Mira (Light Side PC)

Atton requires you to visit Nar Shardaa's refugee sector without him and learn about his past from two Twi'leks, and confront him about it. requires very high or low influence levels with Atton

Bao-Dur's Jedi training "quest" is linked only to influence; as you start with reasonably high influence with him being his former General, he is the easiest to train

Handmaiden requires you to train with her (level 18 is a must for her, so that will be pretty late on. on top of this the correct dialog choices must be made, and you need very high influence

Mira is a bit easier; you just need to talk to her, be nice and understanding. if she gets mad, apologize. take her around alot and let her see your acts of kindness etc so she knows your a good person...then make sure you "felt" nar shardaa with Kreia, as you train Mira as a Jedi by having her "feel" the moon.

Disciple-I don't really know as I haven't gotten a female PC far enough, I always play male PCs

I know you said you "don't care" about spoilers but:

Show spoiler

first off, the influence system is *odd*. you can train them either with very high (100) or very low (0) influence; the more influence you have with them, the closer to your allignment # they'll be; at 100 influence they match yours exactly, at 0 they are the polar opposite, but at the same spot on the other side. in other words, 20 (mid DS) with 0 influence and they'll be at 70 (mid LS) so for all of these, assume you'll need at the very least 90+ or less than 10 influence with the character.

the following characters can become Jedi:

Atton Rand

Bao-Dur

Handmaiden (Male PC)/Disciple (Female PC)

Mira (Light Side PC)

Atton requires you to visit Nar Shardaa's refugee sector without him and learn about his past from two Twi'leks, and confront him about it. requires very high or low influence levels with Atton

Bao-Dur's Jedi training "quest" is linked only to influence; as you start with reasonably high influence with him being his former General, he is the easiest to train

Handmaiden requires you to train with her (level 18 is a must for her, so that will be pretty late on. on top of this the correct dialog choices must be made, and you need very high influence

Mira is a bit easier; you just need to talk to her, be nice and understanding. if she gets mad, apologize. take her around alot and let her see your acts of kindness etc so she knows your a good person...then make sure you "felt" nar shardaa with Kreia, as you train Mira as a Jedi by having her "feel" the moon.

Disciple-I don't really know as I haven't gotten a female PC far enough, I always play male PCs

For Disciple its this:

Show spoiler

Its tied to his influence, like Bao-Dur and Mira, but most of the options that raise your influence with him also grant LS points. But choosing options which suggest you trust him - such as, letting him study the record of the Exile's trial, or agreeing with him about what he thinks of the Trial, among other things.

RE: Refugee Sector: It is irrelevant whether Atton is in the party or not. It is actually necessary, IIRC, for him to be there, or else the Twi-lek trigger fails.

RE: Leveling, the real question here... I never level up any of them until they are Jedi. I also use KSE to give the Exile serious stats from go, and whatever fancy weapons I like that day, and armor/robes, etc.

So, the Exile starts as a tank, thereby not really ever needing his party, which allows the party to die alot around the Exile until they are Jedified and get their levels applied.

RE: Refugee Sector: It is irrelevant whether Atton is in the party or not. It is actually necessary, IIRC, for him to be there, or else the Twi-lek trigger fails.

RE: Leveling, the real question here... I never level up any of them until they are Jedi. I also use KSE to give the Exile serious stats from go, and whatever fancy weapons I like that day, and armor/robes, etc.

So, the Exile starts as a tank, thereby not really ever needing his party, which allows the party to die alot around the Exile until they are Jedified and get their levels applied.

I went to the Refugee Sector sans Atton and the Twi'leks were there. In fact, when I brought him with me, they had nothing to say, because they were "warning" me about him

• 4 months later...
I went to the Refugee Sector sans Atton and the Twi'leks were there. In fact, when I brought him with me, they had nothing to say, because they were "warning" me about him
Walk away from the Twi'leks once they've warned you. Then (with Atton in your group) return to the Twi'leks. As soon as you get in their proximity they'll talk to you again. It's a bit buggy as the conversation is triggered depending on your location on the grid.

Archived