Home

"Hope" Trailer

Rinku

Well, as many of you already know a new trailer was released for TOR at EA's E3 press conference today. It is called "Hope."

You can view it on the official site or below (via youtube)

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Meh..more CGI...and what's really sad is I think I could take that video and transplant it into The Clone Wars time frame and they would look so similar it would be scary, and wtf if up with half the Sith wearing Revanish masks?

At any rate, I think G4 has a hands on coming up with the game and I'm more interested in that than anything else.

At first I thought it was a trailer for Battlefront 3, seeing as it had Clone troopers fighting the Empire, in a hypothetical, Ultimate Showdown fashion. But then I realized that this was a legit, canonical showcase for TOR, and I died a little inside.

At first I thought it was a trailer for Battlefront 3, seeing as it had Clone troopers fighting the Empire, in a hypothetical, Ultimate Showdown fashion. But then I realized that this was a legit, canonical showcase for TOR, and I died a little inside.

It all looked so good...the Empire is designed quit good. They're using droids, their leaders are heavily armor-clad...but then the Tie-Fighters flew over, the Clone troopers readied themselves and it all went downhill.

The Republic ships at the end were done well though, resembling the Kotor ones. Why doesn't the rest???

And what is up with the Jedi and Sith awesomeness? The trailer pointed out that, although troopers together CAN defeat a Sith, only a Jedi really can match them.

Troopers vs. Sith or Smuggler vs. Sith would be MUCH cooler and show the potential of other class then Jedi and Sith.

Cool stuff, not as cool as Deceived but great, shame the game cannot resemble these cinematic's, but they are good to watch for sure :)

QFT

I thought it was cool that the troopers could actually (for a little while at least) hold their own against Sith and that they actually caught the Sith off guard.

The Republic ships at the end were done well though, resembling the Kotor ones. Why doesn't the rest???

Yes, the "this doesn't look like kotor era" kept running through my head as well. Most particularly this was at the beginning when we saw the Titan-class cruisers flying over Alderan. Yeah, those weren't built then.

Hey, it's not the end of my world if they don't get the canon right, as long as the game is fun and enjoyable I'm not going to have an aneurysm over anything. But that's still no excuse to be stupid.

Isn't it an established fact that all ships with "Twin Ion Engines" make that noise? They wouldn't be TIE Fighters, they're just using the ion engine technology that Raith Seinar rediscovers 3500 years in the future.

True. But combined with the black sleek look and the solar panels, it's just a Tie Fighter.

This has it's roots in the A-wings. This one in the Star Destroyers.

But somehow they.. 'feel' different, where the Republic Troopers and Sith ships do not. Take a look at the Sith player vehicle and you'll say 'TIE fighter.'

They aren't breaking canon by the way. Not technically speaking. They use slightly different stuff. But it's so obviously inspired by other sources it feels canon-breaking...

Meh..more CGI...and what's really sad is I think I could take that video and transplant it into The Clone Wars time frame and they would look so similar it would be scary, and wtf if up with half the Sith wearing Revanish masks?

I thought the delevopers wanted to go beyond what they did with the Kotor games. From the look of the masks, its like their trying to bring back some of the original games. :confused:

...but then the Tie-Fighters flew over, the Clone troopers readied themselves and it all went downhill.

I don't get why the troopers have to look like the clones from the prequels. And when I first was watching it, the Sith dude, looked almost identical to th Sith leader in the Decieved trailer.

Twins? I presume? (oh jeez, lets not go down the clone angle again. *hits head on table*) -Lets get a little more creativity here, developers.

Really? I didn't see that. Sorry.

This trailer explain why he needed a jaw-prosthesis and more body armor (cybernetic replacements?) in the deceived trailer.

OT:

Does anyone get the feeling the customising options will...lack?

Watching this trailer, I presume Sith Warrior-Juggernauts will ALWAYS wear heavy armor and Jedi Consulars will always wear simple robes.

I hope it's possible to change stuff like this...I'd like a simple-clad Sith Warrior, or a single blade Inquisitor with normal robes instead of the Warlock robes..

You could be a Sith Marauder instead, they'll focus on lighter armor. If a Juggernaut is gonna be tanking, he'll want heavier robes/armor. :) Plus BioWare is making dozens of armor sets for each class, which means there will be plenty of variety. It's not like all armor for a given class/advanced class will just be palette swaps of all the same armor. Just look at the dozen so far varieties of Trooper armor we've seen. :)

wouldn't be much of a forum if everyone just put a love heart emote every time SW was mentioned hehe. And to be honest I'm nit-picky BECAUSE I'm such a massive "fan", I breath this stuff bud, I just want it to be perfect thats all :)

Archived