Home

"Hope" Trailer

Rinku

wouldn't be much of a forum if everyone just put a love heart emote every time SW was mentioned hehe. And to be honest I'm nit-picky BECAUSE I'm such a massive "fan", I breath this stuff bud, I just want it to be perfect thats all :)

Word. :carms:

Though I don't need it to be 'perfect' per se.. but enough of the retcon-ing LA. Please.

The bed has already been made.. now make your future stories fit the bill rather than conveniently changing the past to make it work :rolleyes:

I DO however like these ToR CGI trailers as of late. Pretty wicked stuff to watch, and more entertaining than the PT AND CW combined.. hehehe. Hey George! Make a new tv series using this, and THEN you've got something ;)

wouldn't be much of a forum if everyone just put a love heart emote every time SW was mentioned hehe. And to be honest I'm nit-picky BECAUSE I'm such a massive "fan", I breath this stuff bud, I just want it to be perfect thats all :)

Word. :carms:

Though I don't need it to be 'perfect' per se.. but enough of the retcon-ing LA. Please.

The bed has already been made.. now make your future stories fit the bill rather than conveniently changing the past to make it work :rolleyes:

I DO however like these ToR CGI trailers as of late. Pretty wicked stuff to watch, and more entertaining than the PT AND CW combined.. hehehe. Hey George! Make a new tv series using this, and THEN you've got something ;)

Amen you both. The church of Z has spoken! :D

I completely agree with ChainZ too. The trailers are quit epic. Especially compared with the canon-rape called The Clone Wars. I'm still hoping on a live-action series though.

And a Starkiller depicted in the old-fashioned way in it...some Quinlan Vos and I'll be even more happier.

I'm with you - I complain about some things too - just not EVERYTHING. I'm not saying you do personally - just some "fans". Lucas raped my childhood, nothing past ESB has been any good, etc.

My point here was that this trailer was amazing, and most of the comments here on this thread have been negative. It mostly makes me think that there's nothing LA could do that wouldn't draw complaints from those type of "fans", but if they did nothing, those "fans" would complain about that too.

True. But combined with the black sleek look and the solar panels, it's just a Tie Fighter.

This has it's roots in the A-wings. This one in the Star Destroyers.

But somehow they.. 'feel' different, where the Republic Troopers and Sith ships do not. Take a look at the Sith player vehicle and you'll say 'TIE fighter.'

They aren't breaking canon by the way. Not technically speaking. They use slightly different stuff. But it's so obviously inspired by other sources it feels canon-breaking...

I can understand some of the Republic gear (it IS the same Republic of the CW), but for the most part all the TOR equipment looks way too dependent on things from the films. FCOL, it's screaming "Galactic Republic vs. Galactic Empire" more and more. If only fans could make mods to make things more unique...

At least it beats the one-sided "Rebel Alliance vs. Galactic Empire" conflict where the Rebels should've had absolutely zero chance at success. Or the "Galactic Republic vs. Confederacy of Independent Systems" conflict where one side is 99% droids. With both factions being strong, there's a lot of potential. Plus we've already seen Rebel-ish underdog status on the Republic side, specifically during the breaking of the Hylian Way Blockade. This faction setup had the most potential. If it was Rebels vs. Empire, we would've had 99% guerilla missions on the Rebel side, which wouldn't be very interesting for storylines.

I agree that the overall aesthetic feel is a bit too close to the prequel era. I thought KOTOR had the perfect balance of making everything immediately recognizable but unique nonetheless.

But that being said, **** these trailers are great.

As for the canon stuff, after following this series for 30+ years I find I don't really get bent out of shape by recons anymore. We went through this once before in the late 90's, so I guess to me it doesn't seem to be as big a deal this time around. As much as I would prefer they didn't retcon, and as much as some changes seem really stupid (Ashoka), I know it will all get sorted eventually.

So does that make me more or less of a fan? I've lost track...

I agree that the overall aesthetic feel is a bit too close to the prequel era. I thought KOTOR had the perfect balance of making everything immediately recognizable but unique nonetheless.

But that being said, **** these trailers are great.

As for the canon stuff, after following this series for 30+ years I find I don't really get bent out of shape by recons anymore. We went through this once before in the late 90's, so I guess to me it doesn't seem to be as big a deal this time around. As much as I would prefer they didn't retcon, and as much as some changes seem really stupid (Ashoka), I know it will all get sorted eventually.

So does that make me more or less of a fan? I've lost track...

You use the term Ahsoka without crying or swearing. I've given up on you :xp:

No, but seriously. You can probably see the charm of the old trilogy shine through this product, like I do. The details don't really bother...the big 'SW space opera feel' is there. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Crazy to me that people can watch this and not think it's awesome, but some SW "fans" never cease to amaze me with the things they find to complain about.

I agree the first trailer was better, but this one was still awesome for me.

THANKYOU!!! God Ive been wanting to say that this whole time of reading these posts!!!

Both the trailors are equally dipped in awesomeness!!:thmbup1:

The only thing I would even complain about was the "stopping a lightsaber with her hand" part. WTFIT? It's pure energy...it should have gone right through her hand, and her chest. !!...thoughts anyone?

The only thing I would even complain about was the "stopping a lightsaber with her hand" part. WTFIT? It's pure energy...it should have gone right through her hand, and her chest. !!...thoughts anyone?

Ummm... Maybe... The force?! If you'd had thunk thrice about it, then you you wouldn't be asking that question.

Oh yeah... OMFG lolwut was that a HADOUKEN?!

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
I loved the trailer just as much as "Deceived". Kevin Michael Richardson did a good job as the voice-over narrator for the unnamed soldier too.

Sorry for the necro, totally just remembered this dude voiced Jolee Bindo too, The unnamed Soldier is now 1000 times more epic :D

Archived