Home

New TOR Trailer

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just thought i should point out the new TOR trailer to those that might not know about it.

Link

Lol, when the Jedi came in and started doing the flips, I began to flash back to when I played JKA, where everyone with a double bladed saber kata'd ad nauseum.

That trailer made me think that TFU and Republic Commando had a child and became an MMO.

That trooper reminded me of Jango Fett. That Jedi chick reminded me of Bastila. I had a flashback to Basty vs Malak on the leviathan.

Malgus went from pretty to ****ty real quick. That crushing assault on him reminded me of all the times Iron Man has been put through similar. That was awesome with the detonator grenade BTW. The trooper guy had a badass scar afterward as well.

Now we know why Malgus needed the face mask.

This trailer looks awesome from a technical point of view, but it makes me want this game even less than before. It's interesting how the Sith have the same Star Destroyers as those in the original trilogy (the previous trailer had the same issue), even more interesting is that the Republic uses a clone army whose armor and faces differ little from their prequel trilogy counterparts and all of this is supposed to happen more than 3500 years before the movies.:indif:

I wished this was a trailer for a more "adult" clone war series. Both trailers are well done, but it's not ToR in my eyes. Where are my silver shiny Sith troopers, t'is just plain old SW as we know it for decades :(

Oh, well, I wasn't planning on buying this game anyway, so why am I whining :lol:

Hmm, weird how they re-hashed the music from Episode III :S

Also, one of the sith droids at 1:30 kinda sounds like a Varactyl squeal

Other than that, It's a pretty cool cinematic.

It's interesting how the Sith have the same Star Destroyers as those in the original trilogy (the previous trailer had the same issue), even more interesting is that the Republic uses a clone army whose armor and faces differ little from their prequel trilogy counterparts and all of this is supposed to happen more than 3500 years before the movies.:indif:

Yep, that is interesting. One of the aspects of Star Wars I've always been bothered with.

At first I thought it was a trailer for Battlefront 3, seeing as it had Clone troopers fighting the Empire, in a hypothetical, Ultimate Showdown fashion. But then I realized that this was a legit, canonical showcase for TOR, and I died a little inside.

I WANT to want this game....I really do...and I will likely at least try it in the end...but this making it look like it could be any other SW game in any other time period is deflating to say the least. I expected..well...I don't know what I expected, but not this.

At first I thought it was a trailer for Battlefront 3, seeing as it had Clone troopers fighting the Empire, in a hypothetical, Ultimate Showdown fashion. But then I realized that this was a legit, canonical showcase for TOR, and I died a little inside.

I WANT to want this game....I really do...and I will likely at least try it in the end...but this making it look like it could be any other SW game in any other time period is deflating to say the least. I expected..well...I don't know what I expected, but not this.

I've been looking forward to this game since it was announced, but with every new video, preview and screenshot, my enthusiasm dies a little.

It seems that BioWare and EA are trying too hard to make it look (as PastramiX says) some sort of horrible mix of the Prequel and Original Trilogies. I don't want to see triangular Sith warships, or hear their officers being referred to as 'Moffs', or see Stormtrooper wannabes being killed by Barriss Offee cosplayers.

Where's the originality?

Eh, I don't really see the complaint. Bioware said they were wanting to make TOR like the original trilogy, so it's not like this is a surprise.

Anyway, I liked the cinematic. The first one was better, I thought, but this one was okay.

Malgus went from pretty to ****ty real quick. That crushing assault on him reminded me of all the times Iron Man has been put through similar. That was awesome with the detonator grenade BTW. The trooper guy had a badass scar afterward as well.

Now we know why Malgus needed the face mask.

I don't think that was Malgus--just another Sith Lord.

Something else that bugged me was it seemed like a lot of the Sith were wearing Revanesque masks. I don't know if they idolize Revan...or maybe its been 3000 years and nobody knows who the hell Revan was, but it just seemed cheesy.

Its their way of appealing to us KOTOR fanboys. They think because there is a mask that resembles Revan's in game, it'll draw a certain fanbase (us) to buying and spending our money.

It looks freaking awesome, but as has been said, the troopers´ armor shouldnt really look like that at all and it does look like a battlefront 3 trailer. I dont think this has anything to do with the actual game whatsoever, exept maybe the character design though, which i find very weird as in my opinion trailers should show the potential customers something concrete instead of a pretty tech demo.

Given that it's 300 +/- years, no reason that the sith outfits should look like in the game either. Frankly, never liked the KOTOR sith armor anyway. However, while the armor screams SW in the trailer, perhaps different designs might have been more apt. Still, maybe tech and sartorial design in the galaxy far, far away don't change all that quickly or dramatically over time. Might've considered playing it but for it's being an MMO. Still, decent trailer, full of action.

Well... They're killing star wars!!!! They seem to have a greater technology that there is in the prequels, event greater that in episode III (the last moovie, so it's seems more advanced)... And come on, the guy took a rocket right on his face and he survives... then a grenade... still alive, and after this, we have a force "KAME KAME HA!"... and a jedi stoping a light saber with bare hands... and clone troopers...

And in the first trailer the sith ship looks as the Low Altitude Assault Transport/infantry (LAAT/i) in the clone wars... couldn't they keep the "OLD republic" idea... because it seems more to me "The New Republic"... in Kotor there was the feeling that it was older, the vibro swords, the different ships, the basic droids, and all that stuff, but here, it just don't fit in the era...

and a jedi stoping a light saber with bare hands...

Personal I don’t have a problem with that considering Vader was able to reflect blaster fire with his gloved hand in the Original Trilogy. It isn’t that big of leap to believe a Jedi with a disciplined mind could reflect a lightsaber considering Vader’s ability.

Archived