Home

New TOR Trailer

Personal I don’t have a problem with that considering Vader was able to reflect blaster fire with his gloved hand in the Original Trilogy. It isn’t that big of leap to believe a Jedi with a disciplined mind could reflect a lightsaber considering Vader’s ability.

Well a blaster is not exactly as destructive as a lightsaber... you can't melt a steel door, with a blaster pistol, and with a light saber you surely can.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess we have got to think ourselves lucky that it resembles the old republic at all... If George had any interest in the EU at all we would be crying ourselves to sleep at night forever, cus he would make this "Nick Jr meets Ewok adventures for 4 year olds and up... with added retcon!:)!!"

So all in all Cool... but, die clonetroopers forever and never returneth!

Well a blaster is not exactly as destructive as a lightsaber... you can't melt a steel door, with a blaster pistol, and with a light saber you surely can.

But, as Yoda has said.....the Force is a powerful ally. Mind over matter...or magic if you prefer. ;) Besides, not like she could keep it up forever.

I don't think that was Malgus--just another Sith Lord.

Shame milady, you obviously did not read the article below the video--you must have a faster buffering connection than I do. ;) (click the OP's link if you're still skeptical!):

The Battle of Alderaan. The Republic's gravest hour. Recently promoted to Darth, Malgus launches the first of many surprise attacks that would become his trademark during the Great War, perfectly timing the assault with a feint that pulls the Republic fleet light-years away. Thousands of assault droids and hundreds of Sith set the heart of the Republic ablaze, and Alderaan's few defenders are swept away with ease.

Unknown to Darth Malgus, small groups of Republic Troopers are stationed on Alderaan, some recovering from wounds, others are awaiting orders. As these brave soldiers take to the forests and mountains to fight a guerilla campaign against Malgus's forces, the Republic fleet rushes back to repel the invasion. With time running out and Alderaan's capitol threatened, it falls to Havoc Squad, the elite Republic Special Forces unit, to coordinate one last desperate stand against Malgus' vastly superior numbers.

Eh?

Didn't this take place *after* the first cinematic trailer?

If you can come up with evidence to support that position, I will gladly retract mine. Until then, I can't say I agree with you as the Sacking of Coruscant was actually quite late in the Sith invasion campaign, and in the "Deceived" trailer, Malgus' face still looked like it had some burns under that metal face mask.

Personal I don’t have a problem with that considering Vader was able to reflect blaster fire with his gloved hand in the Original Trilogy. It isn’t that big of leap to believe a Jedi with a disciplined mind could reflect a lightsaber considering Vader’s ability.

This and if you don't mind my adding this in, you also can choose to have that specific power in TSL. Matter of fact, it's excellent in a hail of blaster fire when you don't have your lightsaber to deflect the bolts. This seems like a natural evolution of the power IMO.

Well... They're killing star wars!!!! They seem to have a greater technology that there is in the prequels, event greater that in episode III (the last moovie, so it's seems more advanced)...

When you consider the craftsmanship that went into the props for the original trilogy, that alone could be quite a bit more time consuming and difficult than to just CGI everything. As time has elapsed and technology improved IRL, obviously we want to elaborate it more with later released movies and games. While I agree with your point it doesn't look good to have more and more advanced technology going backwards in the storyline, do remember this universe takes place over several millenia. Why would it not be logical to think that there were some lost powers and lost technologies at numerous points throughout the EU timeline?

While that's admittedly cheap (and I personally sort of dislike that), I don't see how it wouldn't/couldn't work out.

And come on, the guy took a rocket right on his face and he survives...
I thought it was more the left torso and buffered out by the force...But that could just be me.

then a grenade...

Maybe a weaker stunning grenade, like a flash grenade? Only minor burns and little lasting damage. :D

still alive, and after this, we have a force "KAME KAME HA!"... and a jedi stoping a light saber with bare hands...

Re: Stoping lightsaber, see above mimartin's reply and my :twocents:...At least she didn't say "Ha-do-ken!" when launching that deluge.

and clone troopers...

And in the first trailer the sith ship looks as the Low Altitude Assault Transport/infantry (LAAT/i) in the clone wars...

I kind of wondered about the lack of creativity there too. I suppose, armor doesn't really change all that much over time. Look at our modern armor for law enforcement, and you can still see its roots back in Renaissance or Samurai feudal ages and older.

couldn't they keep the "OLD republic" idea... because it seems more to me "The New Republic"... in Kotor there was the feeling that it was older, the vibro swords, the different ships, the basic droids, and all that stuff, but here, it just don't fit in the era...

I do tend to agree with you there and I do share the opinion that this game is borrowing too much from the movies. I'd have liked to see some real differences here, personally.

Maybe a weaker stunning grenade, like a flash grenade? Only minor burns and little lasting damage. :D

I thought it would be more of a concussive grenade, considering it still did damage, but considerably less then a frag, plasma, or even a thermal detonator. Its a less-than-lethal armament, and its meant to damage and stun, not to kill.

As for blocking the lightsaber, I could see she had an 'armor' glove of some sorts. And its possible it could be made of one of the lightsaber resistant alloys, like Mandalorian Iron, or it could be simple metal empowered by the force.

It is a trailer for a game, they always supercharge force powers in a game. Add to that it being a trailer having to come up with the wow factor and you get stuff like this. I was just saying that I did not have a problem with it since it makes since if Vader (and his undisciplined mind could stop a blaster shot) it made sense to me that a disciplined Jedi could most likely do more.

Besides as Yoda said, “You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.” So really the destructive power of the weapon would not matter as it does not touch the hand, but the Force which is even between the lightsaber tip and the palm.

I think my eyes have just became even more brown.

Well the problem with the armors, is that the clone armors are based on the mandalorian armors, the Mandalorian Shock Trooper armor, that was invented thousands years after, so these armors that look just so much as the clone trooper's armors, are clearly based on an armor model created thousands years later, so based on mandalorian armors...

And also, the bounty hunters:

The new armor was a collection of blast resistant plates, made from Mandalorian iron or duraplast, which were attached to a waterproof, armorweave flight suit. A liner shirt with a micro energy field projector and two layers of ceramic plates greatly improved protection around the chest, back, and stomach. This careful layering of segmented armor plates ensured mobility, which could be further increased by wearing a jetpack. The Mandalorians began to see the value of extra weapons mounted on the suit, and so simple dart shooters, grappling wires, wrist-mounted rocket launchers and flamethrowers were added to the overall assault capabilities of a Mandalorian Supercommando

And then.... the bounty Hunters, have like the republic forced invented an armor creater thousands years later...

Seriously, if they wanted too much to just trace all the existing stuff of star wars, on all the eras, they should have made a game AFTER the prequels... like this there would be no problem by taking the triangle ships, the LAAT/i, the clone's armors, the mandalorian supercommando armor, the emperial uniforms, the ship looking almost as a TIE fighter while it's far, and probably more...

Shame milady, you obviously did not read the article below the video--you must have a faster buffering connection than I do. ;) (click the OP's link if you're still skeptical!):

Well, I did read it, actually, so I was expecting Malgus to show up. However, that Sith really didn't look like him--to me, at least. Maybe he's just younger than he is in the Decieved trailer and looks a lot different around the eyes.

About the grenade: I figured it was a grenade designed to kill (not a flash/stun), but the Sith contained it with the Force as it went off, creating a shockwave but little collateral damage.

Ummm...k...not sure I'd go that far...the prequels had some redeeming qualities...at least for me anyway. There are plenty of things I could have done without but to me this trailer looks like you could substitute any particular time in SW timeline and it would work. So, yeah...gonna have to ahead and disagree with you there.

who the hell charges a sith with A KNIFE!

and also who blows up a grenade 5 inches from your face?

Mandalorians?

↑ This.

Plus, you saw the other troopers taking out Sith with their bare hands. He had a knife. He could've beaten 'im.

There were numerous things they could've done better. But it was still an epic trailer.

Well, I did read it, actually, so I was expecting Malgus to show up. However, that Sith really didn't look like him--to me, at least. Maybe he's just younger than he is in the Decieved trailer and looks a lot different around the eyes.

True enough, though I guess I'd ask if post-suit Vader and Anakin looked anything similar.

That bounty hunter mandalorian woman was hanging around... :giveup:

About the grenade: I figured it was a grenade designed to kill (not a flash/stun), but the Sith contained it with the Force as it went off, creating a shockwave but little collateral damage.

Good point. :D

I like the trailers but it is no way moving me towards the game.

All I need to remind myself that the game's going to be terrible is just watch any of the video's on the gameplay..

It then sinks back in:

I wouldn't be able to take my character seriously because he'll look like an Anime character.

I swear that was a hadouken she did!

It was.

Archived