Home

Revan and Malak revealed

Ghost

Well... first.. I DON'T LIKE their Revan design xD

And i prefer the Kreia's version of the story... it seems that now they change what they have introduced before just to the benefit of their new game.

But i thinks it would be far a more original story, the Jedi that embraced the dark side for a good cause, who become the dark lord of the siths, to have the strength to protect the republic, instead of the classic "oh i'm a fallen jedi, I will conquer the galaxy on my master's will... oh noh! I'M DA LORD!!! the galaxy will be MINE!! mouhahahha" it's just too classic, all the siths lords are the same:

I betray my master, I try to kill the jedi and conquer the galaxy, and my apprentice kill me, try to kill the jedi and conquer the galaxy, and his apprentice kill him, try to kill the jedi and conquer the galaxy, and his apprentice kill him and..... i think you've got my point xD

And revan was in my opinion on the the few sith lords that were different, he was original... dude à guy who become the great bigg boss of the bad asses, just to save the galaxy was a premiere, and they blown away that version introduced in TSL to make him a sith lord wannabe... and redeemed over all...

Well, first thing is first: Revan's head design matches one found in the original Knights of the Old Republic. This gives players the chance, if they so choose, to play as the "canon" Revan.

And i prefer the Kreia's version of the story

Nothing contradicts it, though. Revan did go into the Unknown Regions to hunt down the enemy-- he just didn't know what he would find. He also did come back to prepare the Republic for invasion, which was the underlying hint since the first game. It works pretty well, actually. His fall started on Malachor V and ended on Dromund Kaas and his intentions are still his own.

Revan turned mainstream...reverse grip...

They both surprised and annoyed me a bit; Revan has always been seen using the regular grip. I don't want to try and make a story for it-- I'll just accept it as it was, for now.

Nothing contradicts it, though. Revan did go into the Unknown Regions to hunt down the enemy-- he just didn't know what he would find. He also did come back to prepare the Republic for invasion, which was the underlying hint since the first game. It works pretty well, actually. His fall started on Malachor V and ended on Dromund Kaas and his intentions are still his own.

Well it say Revan have completely fall into the dark side, and has gone to the republic to conquer it for his masters, but in the way he change his mind and decide to conquer the republic for himself, it don't say at all that Revan has plans to protect the republic before his redemption, so the "Revan was preparing the republic from an ever greater evil", and the "are you sure revan ever fall into the dark side?", and the stuff that revan has sacrificed himself by becoming the sith lord just to protect the republic. So, in what they say now, he's just a sith wannabe, that wanted to keep the republic strong to protect his own sith empire...

I agree with you Seikan, I liked TSL's version much better. LA has no originality anymore.

Revan I believed as the master of pwnage, but now they have ruined it with adding the classic evil sith ****. Amazing.

It was obvious from the very beginning. It's just that because Revan is the player character of the first game, nobody likes to see him as the amoral Sith Lord he was, because that ruins the self-insert experience.

Besides, it doesn't contradict Kreia's claim that Revan did it to save the galaxy from the "true" Sith. Like any tyrant, Revan no doubt believed that he would be a stronger and more benevolent ruler whose reign would save many lives.

The only new thing from this video is that now we know Revan's face and his lightsaber color post-memory damage.

Well it say Revan have completely fall into the dark side

I believe that it says: "But no one knew how fall Revan had already fallen" as it was leaving the Mandalorian Wars. That, to me, hints at the fact that what we already know from Kreia & the Kotor comic is true: Revan found Malachor V and its Trayus Academy before the end of the war and him meeting with the Sith Emperor sealed the deal.

It also makes it very clear that Revan wanted to be his own man and had his own ambitions. He is already unique in the fact that he wanted to combine both the teachings of the Jedi and Sith to create something that just worked. His master-mind plan of getting the Republic ready for the "True Sith" still works-- he knew what to expect and he needed things ready.

Revan turned mainstream...reverse grip...

Why oh why....

Force Unleashed. Blame Hayden Blackmann. And whoever it was that made that picture--and whatever influences (if any) played part in that.

Ugh...shien reverse grip variation of form V shien.

Well, first thing is first: Revan's head design matches one found in the original Knights of the Old Republic.
I know which head, but which "design" image are you referring to? Jog my memory, as I can't recall any specific official image to this effect ATM.

This gives players the chance, if they so choose, to play as the "canon" Revan.

I think it was artist's preference--or an influence thereof. Likely the reason being it is the most similar head to Ep. 3 Anakin. :¬:

I think the team was careful to not contradict it. I think most of us can live with that, and TSL just simply being left forgotten.

They both surprised and annoyed me a bit; Revan has always been seen using the regular grip. I don't want to try and make a story for it-- I'll just accept it as it was, for now.

Quoted for truth and emphasis.

Well it say Revan have completely fall into the dark side, and has gone to the republic to conquer it for his masters, but in the way he change his mind and decide to conquer the republic for himself, it don't say at all that Revan has plans to protect the republic before his redemption, so the "Revan was preparing the republic from an ever greater evil", and the "are you sure revan ever fall into the dark side?", and the stuff that revan has sacrificed himself by becoming the sith lord just to protect the republic. So, in what they say now, he's just a sith wannabe, that wanted to keep the republic strong to protect his own sith empire...

It was obvious from the very beginning. It's just that because Revan is the player character of the first game, nobody likes to see him as the amoral Sith Lord he was, because that ruins the self-insert experience.

Besides, it doesn't contradict Kreia's claim that Revan did it to save the galaxy from the "true" Sith. Like any tyrant, Revan no doubt believed that he would be a stronger and more benevolent ruler whose reign would save many lives.

I pretty much agree that he probably would have thought he could do a better job as sith almighty on the dark side. Not so much saving the galaxy but rather keeping it for himself. It's the dark side afterall. Kreia's speculation may have had an optimistic slant because Revan "didn't know himself".

The only new thing from this video is that now we know Revan's face and his lightsaber color post-memory damage.
Guess the devil is in the details. :giveup:

I know which head, but which "design" image are you referring to? Jog my memory, as I can't recall any specific official image to this effect ATM.

The one I thought of, and can see the closest resemblance to the third throw, fourth down here: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060812184700/starwars/images/d/d3/Manyfacesofrevan.jpg

I think it was artist's preference--or an influence thereof. Likely the reason being it is the most similar head to Ep. 3 Anakin. :¬:

Indeed, but now I feel like the "real" Revan when I use it. :)

I believe that it says: "But no one knew how fall Revan had already fallen" as it was leaving the Mandalorian Wars. That, to me, hints at the fact that what we already know from Kreia & the Kotor comic is true: Revan found Malachor V and its Trayus Academy before the end of the war and him meeting with the Sith Emperor sealed the deal.

Well it says "the fall of Revan and Malak to the dark side was complete", so they're saying Revan have completely fall into the dark side, and kriea say he never fall, and that he sacrifice himself, for the galaxy safety.

And it's not because of bad revan or good revan, that i don't like it, for example, I love Darth Bane, or the ancient Siths, but Revan was just something more... Like Kreia said, his actions has always been his own, not influenced by the dark side, and here, they tell us he have completely fall into the dark side...

Ans i don't see the Revan's face any where...

Isn't this whole movie just an account given by some 'Jedi dude' who had his own opinion about Revan and what happened, just like Kreia had her own? It's not like 'I know everything and you have to listen to my words' ;) It's not like Revan himself is telling about his motives. It happens in 'Darth Bane: Path of Destruction'. Then you know that Revan fall to the Dark Side completely. (hint: Revan's holocron)

Isn't this whole movie just an account given by some 'Jedi dude' who had his own opinion about Revan and what happened, just like Kreia had her own? It's not like 'I know everything and you have to listen to my words' ;) It's not like Revan himself is telling about his motives. It happens in 'Darth Bane: Path of Destruction'. Then you know that Revan fall to the Dark Side completely. (hint: Revan's holocron)

No...you see...there are degrees of canon.

We knew VERY little about Revan, what he did before Kotor 1 and after Kotor 2, to be exact.

Degrees of canon:

G-Canon is what George Lucas DIRECTLY influenced or said. That Anakin IS the chosen one, for example.

T-canon,[2] or Television Canon is the Clone Wars series...very sad...Ahsoka is there to stay...so is the Hutt-baby. BAH.

C-canon is Continuity Canon games, comics, books, etc.

You see, because this is PART of SWTOR, it is automatically C-canon. Only if a television series, remark from George Lucas or the game itself proves it's false (equal or higher canon), it's there to stay. And since it's a newer source then the Darth Bane book, it's the new accepted fate of Revan.

You see why many people hate the Clone Wars series now? It overwrites every comic, game, book about the Mandalorians, Clones, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin...bah.

What you see in the clip is the 'New Truth' so to say.

@Ztalker

I knew about the degrees of canon. What I didn't know is that newer source replaces the older ones. That's completely insane and lacks logic in my point of view... but it clarifies a lot.

Still I don't have to care about canon or not if different pieces fit with together and the story makes sense for me :) And even if the 'Jedi dude's' story it new canon from now on, I still think it isn't some kind of revealed truth about Revan but only his point of view and his approach to Revan's fall.

@Ztalker

I knew about the degrees of canon. What I didn't know is that newer source replaces the older ones. That's completely insane and lacks logic in my point of view... but it clarifies a lot.

Still I don't have to care about canon or not if different pieces fit with together and the story makes sense for me :) And even if the 'Jedi dude's' story it new canon from now on, I still think it isn't some kind of revealed truth about Revan but only his point of view and his approach to Revan's fall.

I totally agree, for myself those pictures are 'wrong ones' that the in-universe master Dural found. :) It's not like I 'hate' the game now, I just feel they shouldn't have touched it.

Because, now that they canonised unknown stuff, it's here to stay. And that's...uncool.

I once said somewhere that I'd love to see some Force-induced flash-back on an unknown world where a masked Revan and hooded exile destroy some big academy and it's leaders, setting back the Sith a few hundred years and eventually falling in battle against the Sith Emperor or something.

You know, rebel against their former master, do something epic.

Revan's epicness is quit gone now...

I totally agree, for myself those pictures are 'wrong ones' that the in-universe master Dural found. :) It's not like I 'hate' the game now, I just feel they shouldn't have touched it.

Because, now that they canonised unknown stuff, it's here to stay. And that's...uncool.

Hey, it's all from a 'certain point of view' after the fact. But in essence I agree.

While I like the Jedi Guardian class, anyone can use any color lightsaber even if blue happens to be the most common. :¬: Also can use any variant thereof. If it were my way it'd be 2 lightsabers, HOTG bronze/red-orange and MOTF cyan/turquoise. :giveup:

You can just pick and choose what you want and say "to hell with the rest", no biggie. :D

I once said somewhere that I'd love to see some Force-induced flash-back on an unknown world where a masked Revan and hooded exile destroy some big academy and it's leaders, setting back the Sith a few hundred years and eventually falling in battle against the Sith Emperor or something.

You know, rebel against their former master, do something epic.

Revan's epicness is quit gone now...

Well, I do think we'll find out but I'm not holding my breath on whatever 'it' is as being any huge 'epic' thing. I just hope they ended Revan with dignity. As to the Exile, same thing but I'm counting on it largely being ignored and the Exile being lost in obscurity. :dozey: LA (to my guess) had initially intended there to be some implied future clash between revan and exile from the vision in Kressh's tomb. That and how mandalore says certain things if you have enough influence with him in TSL about the two of them not being singular jedi. However those hints themselves would be giving too much away. So LA will probably say either it was a glimpse into the past, or "only a possibility" glimpse into the future.

Still, those sith warrors do at least make me curious, now.

They never, actually, show Revan's face. He's always looking away, behind a mask, or concealed by the hood of his cloak.

This is true. However, being that it is Bioware who created that face with long brown hair, in that exact same style, for their game, I think it's pretty safe to assume that it's what the artist had in mind while doing it-- to make it canon or not. You can clearly see long brown hair in the style of the template used in Kotor, even without the face. Here is a nice shot of his head from behind.

I think fans misinterpret what being "canon" does to something-- it simply makes it what the galaxy far, far away sees it as; if you don't want to do it that way, by all means, don't. However, if it's ever referenced again, which is what fans obviously want, they need a solid stance to take; gender, side, looks, etc.

It's for editorial necessity, not to detract from your experience at all. Developers, writers, and the like want fans to have that immersion when they play the game. They just also must take into consideration that characters may be explored further. Case in point: Jaden Korr.

This is true. However, being that it is Bioware who created that face with long brown hair, in that exact same style, for their game, I think it's pretty safe to assume that it's what the artist had in mind while doing it-- to make it canon or not. You can clearly see long brown hair in the style of the template used in Kotor, even without the face. Here is a nice shot of his head from behind.

I think fans misinterpret what being "canon" does to something-- it simply makes it what the galaxy far, far away sees it as; if you don't want to do it that way, by all means, don't. However, if it's ever referenced again, which is what fans obviously want, they need a solid stance to take; gender, side, looks, etc.

It's for editorial necessity, not to detract from your experience at all. Developers, writers, and the like want fans to have that immersion when they play the game. They just also must take into consideration that characters may be explored further. Case in point: Jaden Korr.

Yep, sorry people, but you can't have two versions of the same story if you are going to add it to the overall canon known as the Expanded Universe.

Revan needs a proper canonical background and image, regardless of how people play him in KoTOR. It will be a progress.

This holocron is one of such steps in the right direction. I want Revan's story to be completed and his feats covered in detail.

Archived