Home

Which CGI Trailer Is the Best?

SciFiGeek17

Which OR Trailer do you like best?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which OR Trailer do you like best?

• Deceived Trailer
    • Hope Trailer
    • Neither

All right, I have to concede my point on the Force power stopping the saber, because Vader didn't use deflect, just went back and watched it, though I'm still not saying he used Force Absorb, because that power absorbs the force, but I'm very sure I only disagree with the terminology, not the idea. Maybe it could be called a variation on the power Energy Resistance?

I still would like to know why the two of you are so adamant about it not being a padawan, and Alexrd, how can you say for certain that its not Satele? There were asian head models for Revan in KotOR. :brow: And RogueJedi86, is there some official source that states they didn't use padawan braids in this time period? I'm interested in both of those even aside from this discussion. ;)

I'll also say that the fact she loses her lightsaber suggests that she is a padawan, as I've never in SW heard of any knights or masters having their lightsabers destroyed in a duel. Unless you count Maul, but his was still usable. She also seems, to me, to take a submissive role in conjunction with the trooper at the very end of the cinematic. (I am aware that is maybe a stretch in some people's minds, but I kinda thought that even the first time I watched it, because it struck me as odd.)

On the grenade thing, we're going to have to agree to disagree, because you keep saying the same thing over and over, and I keep pointing out Malgus' nearly melted armor, so we can't seem to get anywhere on that one. lol

The X-wing was a drastically superior beast. It was being developed for the Empire as the new 'super-fighter'. I doubt the Empire would have spent credits on a brand new craft when re-outfitting the existing platform would've sufficed.

I have to say now that the tech plateau only works if you accept/ agree with the decision to make the troopers look so similar to the CW/GCW era, which I wholeheartedly don't. I think that they at least should have made the armor color coordinate with the scheme from KotOR and TSL, if not mirror the design of the uniforms they wore.

As a whole, however, I have to say that we have gotten off-topic a bit. Let me express my opinion in a new light: Deceived made me want to play the game. Hope made me think, "Oh great, there are going to be thousands of nine year olds running around playing troopers yelling 'FOR TEH R3PUBLIKS!!!!!!'", which is not what I want to experience while playing the game. Therefore, Deceived wins for me. :D

I still would like to know why the two of you are so adamant about it not being a padawan,

I'm not saying she is not a padawan. I'm just saying I don't know. However, I find very unlikely a padawan with that much Force power. I would like to know why are you saying she is a padawan. Because of the three braids? That's no good reason.

and Alexrd, how can you say for certain that its not Satele?

First, because Satele is very different from her, and second, because it has been officially confirmed.

There were asian head models for Revan in KotOR. :brow:

So what? What has KotOR, or Revan for that matter, to do with Satele?

And RogueJedi86, is there some official source that states they didn't use padawan braids in this time period? I'm interested in both of those even aside from this discussion. ;)

So, just because she has three braids, does that make her a padawan?

I'll also say that the fact she loses her lightsaber suggests that she is a padawan, as I've never in SW heard of any knights or masters having their lightsabers destroyed in a duel.

What? How are those two related?

She also seems, to me, to take a submissive role in conjunction with the trooper at the very end of the cinematic.

I don't think so. Even if she did, that means nothing.

I saw the Consular more treating the Trooper as her equal, a fellow defender of the Republic from the Imperial advance. It's a nice subtle showing of how the status quo of troops is different in TOR. The Troopers aren't subservient to Jedi in this era, they're equals to them. I like it. :)

As a whole, however, I have to say that we have gotten off-topic a bit. Let me express my opinion in a new light: Deceived made me want to play the game. Hope made me think, "Oh great, there are going to be thousands of nine year olds running around playing troopers yelling 'FOR TEH R3PUBLIKS!!!!!!'", which is not what I want to experience while playing the game. Therefore, Deceived wins for me. :D

Thats kinda my whole deal too, Tech Plateaus and TCW/GCW is all great and I've been a Star Wars fan since I was 3 (1983). But the whole reason I loved KotOR and TOTJ, and the reason I keep wasting my life away in Forums talking about this Stuff, is because I LOVE this era for everything the "Deceived" Trailer IS and all the "Hope" trailer is NOT. :(

I just think its a waste of an era to use White armor, Moffs, and Star Destroyers...

If you look at my other posts I make a point of that :) >>>

Deceived, because, although the temple is Prequel style (Yea I know it was old then) everything else was Old Republic, the fights were better the protagonist more like able, and there wasn't a Clone trooper to be seen!!!

Hope is still better than anything GL has done for years but not as good as Deceived...

The Jedi Temple ( we see in Films and Trailers )was built 400 years before the Decieved and Hope trailers so, it kinda makes the thing moot...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Temple

lol Alexrd I figured you were assuming it was officially renounced, but where would have been my question. Stuff like that is difficult to find if you don't happen upon it.

Revan has to do with Satele bc he's most likely her great great grand daddy.

As for the rest, if it indeed has been announced she's not Satele, then I'm much more likely to say that she probably isn't a padawan. Also, although subtle, I think that little details like losing lightsabers is something that is important when estimating one's status in the SW universe. Though it also comes to mind that Yoda loses his saber against Palpatine, but that was a headmaster vs emperor duel, so I'm not sure if we can use that as a reference point for anything in the hope trailer...

lol Alexrd I figured you were assuming it was officially renounced, but where would have been my question. Stuff like that is difficult to find if you don't happen upon it.

Here.

Revan has to do with Satele bc he's most likely her great great grand daddy.

That's just your assumption.

Also, although subtle, I think that little details like losing lightsabers is something that is important when estimating one's status in the SW universe. Though it also comes to mind that Yoda loses his saber against Palpatine, but that was a headmaster vs emperor duel, so I'm not sure if we can use that as a reference point for anything in the hope trailer...

In fact, you can't use "losing a lightsaber" as a reference point for anything. I ask again, how is "losing a lightsaber" related to Padawan or any other Jedi rank?

Well I'm lost then. I get Revan having to do with Satele, but what's with the Asian thing? The Consular doesn't look particularly Asian to me. Plus even if she did, she has 300 years of grandparents and parents to get an Asian in there without requiring an Asian Revan or Bastila.

I liked the deceived trailer better. You have to admit, Jedi vs Sith with lightsabers flying every which way is just plain awesome. It's also my opinion that the double bladed lightsaber is extremely over done, and especially Jedi using a double bladed lightsaber just doesn't sit right with me. In the Episode I Visual Dictionary, it was commented that Darth Maul's lightsaber was a complicated weapon to use, often causing more damage to the wielder than to the attacker. A complicated weapon that half the galaxy can use takes the fun out of it.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived