Home

PC version coming after all? Hey now!

Kurgan

Perhaps I'm a bit late to the party, but it is now being reported from various gaming news outlets that SWTFU:2 is being ported to the PC along with the various (previously known) consoles.

Presumably then this means it won't be delayed an entire year after the 360 and PS3 versions like last time.

While I was less than impressed with the specs for the last PC port (no multiplayer, minimal editing capabilities, dumbed down saber system), I'm happy to hear at least that PC fans won't be snubbed this time again for such a "big name" title. My baseline for comparison with new "Jedi" games is always going to be the JK series, and even though I never got to play TFU:USE (on my obsolete machine), seeing enough of the gameplay convinced me it was a step back from say, Jedi Academy, except in terms of graphics (even with the gimmicky use of the Force). Someday I still want to play it, but I'm convinced it's not the kind of game I'd go back and play over and over again through the years, like the titles in the aforementioned series, the gold standard of Jedi games.

In case anyone still doubts...

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Force-Unleashed-II-Pc/dp/B003O2182A/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1276689981&sr=8-6

51n7dSzgVnL._AA300_.jpg

Release date: Oct 26, 2010

I don't think the system requirements have been released yet, but I'm sure they will exceed TFU:USE, even though they're using the same engine (the video talks about enhancements). Here's hoping for scalable graphics once again (as was present in the USE patches).

(Nothing about a "collector's edition" but frankly, I couldn't care less about some goofy custom USB drive... for 20 extra bucks they should at least throw in something cool).

Cutscene trailers don't phase me these days (the gameplay is what matters, after all, this isn't a movie), but this, looked promising: http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/the-force-unleashed-2-gameplay/345802 (as posted by Harkonnen07 in the other thread)

(*clears throat*)

I, Kurgan, hereby publicly retract any negative things I've said thus far about Force Unleashed II... at least until the reviews of the finished game are in. ;)

Sweet! If anyone has played bother the 360 and PC versions, in your opinion which is better?
In my opinion, the 360 version was better, but that was because the computer version had been merely ported, and had not been tweeked specifically to the PC.

As the XBox is uniform throughout, unlike with computers that can have differant capabilites, it is easier to tailer the game to the console. This is good, but this is also bad.

Such as, if your computer system does not have the 'beefiness' to keep up with the game on it's highest resolution levels, it can make the game slow down. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a lot of options to lower the resolution much, so my system slowed down the game. There is also the issue that if you have a perfectly good graphics card, but it's not one on the list of 'supported.' Then you have to spend extra money just to play the game, which is the thing that happened to me.

(I had a 360, but it got the RROD, so that is the negative side of that platform :thmbup1:)

Sweet! If anyone has played bother the 360 and PC versions, in your opinion which is better?

The PC version is a direct port form the xbox. It's exactly the same thing... 100% the same, they didn't add a mouse to the menu. In fact if you want to enter a cheat you can't even use your keyboard to type, you need to scroll trough the letters.

It's also pretty sloppy and likes to crash from time to time.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the PC version and can confirm that if you have the right spec & the latest patch for the game it will work just fine.

The game will probably crash about as much as any PC game out there, which is fairly rarely.

But seriously, with the right CPU/GPU and enough memory RAM etc. it will outgun both the PS3 & Xbox in both quality & performance.

The game will probably crash about as much as any PC game out there, which is fairly rarely.

Can't agree with you there. Singularity never crashed on me. Neither did Batman AA, or Assassins Creed 2. TFU does crash almost on a regular basis compared to that. Especially when you try to change the costume.

Archived