Home

Major Problem with TSL

Kira_Tsukasa

After scouring the Internet with a fine toothed comb, I finally get the game to run, and it runs good...until I hit a pretty major snag. I'm through Paragus and on the Harbinger, I have the navcom records, and I'm going through the crew quarters area. There's two rooms across from each other at the end of the hall, mine and a locked one, along with a third door perpendicular to the others. I open this door, enter the room and get ambushed by Sith Assassins. That's where it gets tricky. After fighting these guys for a few seconds, everything freezes. Everything. My entire OS just stops. I can only get out of it by doing a hard shut down. I went back into the game, thinking it was just a fluke although I saved before opening that door, and it happened again. Next time, I try to load that save and the bar moves to the end and freezes my system there, without even switching to the game. Alright, corrupted save file, no big deal. My other save isn't that far back (I actually got the records and went back to Peragus the way I came, the save is after I figured out I had to exit another way). I run it from there, going all the way back to where it was and it freezes again. Has anything like this ever happened to anyone else? If so, what was done to fix it?

On a related note, this is my first play of the game and I headed to the quarters before going to the bridge, but it wouldn't let me to that level yet. Whenever I get about halfway through that room (the one right next to the place you first enter the Harbinger from) now, I hear the sound of glass breaking, like a window or something. Is that normal?

I have that patch already installed.

I guess I should have posted my system previously, I was in a hurry to post before work. I'm using Windows Vista 32-bit, 1526 MB RAM, 1.86 GHz processor. I have above system requirements to run the game except for video, which I'm using a program called 3D Analyzer to make up for it (a fix that was recommended on OE forums). I'm running the game in Windows XP (SP 2) compatibility and already tried the Mssdll.dll switch and neither worked by themselves or together, hence the use of 3D Analyzer.

Alright, I did everything on that thread and it seems to have worked, except I didn't replace the original exe with the one from SecuROM. I tried to patch it but for whatever reason, the patch didn't like the new exe file and refused to update. I also skipped the parts about the ATI graphics card and multi-core processors, as I have neither. Hopefully, it'll stay running this time.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I still had to run it through 3D Analyzer since it stopped responding again.

You're supposed to patch before you replace the .exe. Those directions have numbers beside them for a reason. ;)

Would you please use the game's configuration utility to post your system specs?

Post your system specs

Sometimes we're just not going to be able to help you if we don't know what kind of hardware you have on your machine. If you don't know what you have on your machine, then follow these steps below:

• Bring up the launcher menu for Kotor 1 or 2.
  • Click on "Configure".
  • Click the "Scan Hardware" button on the lower center of the window.
  • Click "Yes" to continue.
  • Click "Details" to view your system specs.
  • Click "Save Report" and save the file to your desktop.
  • Whenever you post your problem, open the file you just saved and copy and paste the contents to your post.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, the game simply refuses to let me out of the hanger area on Dantooine. It will allow me to walk around the area with no problems at all, but will lock my entire system up every time I try to leave. I have followed every applicable step (steps 9 and 10 don't apply to me) in the installation process and none of it has worked. I want to mention, again, that replacing the exe file from SecuROM caused the game to not function at all, so the original unreplaced exe is being used.

My hardware scan:

[sWKotOR]

ReportDateTime=6/27/2010 4:32:30 AM

SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60

GameExists=1

GameVersion=v2.10.427

GameInstallLocation=C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\

[OS]

Name=WinXP

Version=Windows XP v5.1 build 2600 Service Pack 2

Service Pack=Service Pack 2

Status=Pass

[swapFiles]

?:\pagefile.sys=0

[CPU]

CPUCount=1

CPUSpeed=1861

CPUFamily=6

CPUModel=14

CPUStepping=12

CPUVendor=Intel

CPUName=Intel® Celeron® M CPU 440 @ 1.86GHz

Status=Pass

[Memory]

RAM=1024

Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]

C: (NTFS), UNICODE=44.07GB

D: (NTFS), UNICODE=1.07GB

Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]

DriveLetters=E:\

Drives=Optiarc CD-RW CRX880A ATA Device

[Video]

Video Card Name=

Video Memory=256

Desktop Resolution=1280x800x32 @ 60Hz

DirectX=DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)

OpenGL Version=1.4.0 - Build 7.14.10.1114

OpenGL Vendor=Intel

OpenGL Renderer=Intel 945GM

Vid Card Status=Warning

Vid Card Driver Status=Pass

GL Status=Pass

DX Status=Pass

[Audio]

Sound Card Name=Internal Speaker/Headphone (Conexant High Definition Audio)

Status=Pass

;Game Options from swkotor2.ini

[Display Options]

FullScreen=1

Disable Movies=0

Disable Intro Movies=0

Sort Modules=1

Width=1024

Height=768

BitsPerPixels=32

RefreshRate=60

[sound Options]

Music Volume=63

Voiceover Volume=85

Sound Effects Volume=76

Movie Volume=85

Number 3D Voices=32

Number 2D Voices=32

2D3D Bias=1.00

Force Software=0

EAX=0

Sound Init=0

Disable Sound=0

[Graphics Options]

V-Sync=0

Anisotropy=1

Frame Buffer=0

Anti Aliasing=0

Texture Quality=0

Grass=0

Soft Shadows=0

Shadows=0

Brightness=57

EnableHardwareMouse=1

FullScreen=1

Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1

[Game Options]

Enable Tooltips=1

Keyboard Camera Deceleration=2000.000000

Keyboard Camera Acceleration=500.000000

Keyboard Camera DPS=200.000000

TextureVariation=3

BodyVariation=13

AppearanceType=134

PCGender=1

GameCompleted=0

CurSithLord=2

Hide InGame GUI=0

Use Small Fonts=0

Hide Unequippable=0

Tutorial Popups=1

Subtitles=1

Mini Map=1

Floating Numbers=1

Status Summary=1

Enable Mouse Teleporting To Buttons=1

Mouse Sensitivity=44

Difficulty Level=0

Auto Level Up NPCs=0

Mouse Look=0

AutoSave=1

EnableScreenShot=0

Reverse Mouse Buttons=0

Reverse Ingame YAxis=1

Reverse Minigame YAxis=0

Combat Movement=1

UnlockedPlanetSongs=79

TooltipDelay Sec=1

[Keymapping]

Action286B=8

Action286A=7

Action285B=10

Action285A=9

Action284B=54

Action284A=51

Action283B=54

Action283A=51

Action282B=69

Action282A=73

Action281B=53

Action281A=76

Action280B=69

Action280A=73

Action268=52

Action265=58

Action264=57

Action263=43

Action262=85

Action261=84

Action260=83

Action259=82

Action258=81

Action257=80

Action256=79

Action255=78

Action254=77

Action253=31

Action245=75

Action244=55

Action243=67

Action242=74

Action241=87

Action240=56

Action239=68

Action238=82

Action236=83

Action234=81

Action232=80

Action230=79

Action228=78

Action226=77

Action225=70

Action224=90

Action223=31

Action222=25

Action221=24

Action220=29

Action219=28

Action218=42

Action217=87

Action216=65

Action215=63

Action214=60

Action213=62

Action212=61

Action211=66

Action210=59

Action209=71

Action208=89

Action207=72

Action206=30

Action205=55

Action204=67

[Autopause Options]

End Of Combat Round=0

Mine Sighted=0

Enemy Sighted=1

Party Killed=1

Action Menu=0

New Target Selected=1

[Movies Shown]

Movie10=0

Movie 9=0

Movie 8=0

Movie 7=24

Movie 6=0

Movie 5=2

Movie 4=192

Movie 3=32

Movie 2=15

Movie 1=246

Movie 0=252

[config]

firstrun=0

I realize that I have a video card warning there and that was my initial problem when I first tried to run the game (Program Not Responding error). I got the fix for that from here which solved that with no trouble and is the way that I launch the game every time I try to play.

Did you change the flipping policy to "blit" under 3D options in your Intel graphics driver control panel?

I want to mention, again, that replacing the exe file from SecuROM caused the game to not function at all, so the original unreplaced exe is being used.

And I want to mention again that that's most likely because you tried to patch the game after replacing the .exe instead of before, like you should have.

Did you change the flipping policy to "blit" under 3D options in your Intel graphics driver control panel?

And I want to mention again that that's most likely because you tried to patch the game after replacing the .exe instead of before, like you should have.

Yes, it is set to blit and I did follow the steps to the letter when I could.

When you could? I don't understand.

If you're still trying to get it to work after patching it out of order like that, don't. It's not going to work. The only thing that you can do to fix a mistake like that is to start over by reinstalling the game.

When you could? I don't understand.

If you're still trying to get it to work after patching it out of order like that, don't. It's not going to work. The only thing that you can do to fix a mistake like that is to start over by reinstalling the game.

I don't have a multi-core processor or an ATI graphics card so those steps I just couldn't do. And the .exe switch didn't work whether I was doing it forward, backward, or sideways.

Oh my...I can't believe I actually missed this...

I updated my graphics card drivers. *facepalm*

It seems to be running alright now.

EDIT: Whoops, spoke too soon. Now I'm getting the "Stopped Responding" error whenever I try to go toward the Jedi Enclave grounds. There's two ways to get there (from looking at the map), the left of Khoonda and the right of Khoonda. The left path crashes right after the load screen and the right path crashes right as I turn the corner near where the mercs(?) seem to be having a cook out. This is running with the Vista fixes, as many as I could do as previously stated.

EDIT2: Does this mean anything to anyone? It's the info that is provided to me through Windows Problem Reports and Solutions about the crash:

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: swkotor2.exe

Application Version: 2.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 41eddf8f

Fault Module Name: StackHash_26bc

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00000000

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 26bc

Additional Information 2: 96e151012488b7cfaa75eebd9cc4aa17

Additional Information 3: 25b0

Additional Information 4: ec12fd2c04c6c344ea1e352226030a33

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 1155830479

• 2 weeks later...

Is there something different about the Jedi Enclave, some kind of effect or something, that could be causing this problem? I've even talked to people at Microsoft trying to figure this out and they couldn't find a solution. This is very, very frustrating...

Then it's gotta be something with vertex buffer objects. I have the disable line in the right place, but maybe something isn't detecting it? I am completely stumped on this.

At least I found, through my meddling with settings, that the Darth Nihilous model actually has eyes, so that's interesting I guess.

Archived