Home

disk prob

jbc218

i have the disks and i have proof that i have them. but when i reinstalled it (it was a year and got kinda crashy) when i installed it it kept saying for even planets! it would say can not install this file should you retry? ignore? abort? i pressed retry did nothing so i just ignored them. on my way to kota it crashed. is it the disk or something? ?action=view&current=forceunleashed.jpg if that didnt work try this http://s919.photobucket.com/albums/ad36/darth-yoda/?action=view&current=forceunleashed.jpg

Get a free program (free trial anyway) called "Your Uninstaller" and use that to remove the game completely (and cleanly) from your system. Then reinstall it fresh from the original discs. Then apply the official patch(es).

Of course you'll lose any saved games, so if you want to keep those, back up those folders elsewhere on your hard drive before doing any of this.

You could also check the disc to see if it's scratched or smudged, and give it a gentle cleaning (as you would clean any other CD or DVD).

what i did was restart my computer and reinstall it again (right clicked on the disk and pressed uninstall then removed the folder) and install it again lol. oh and one quick question. is disk one or 2 the play disk? oh and nice signiture lol

Honestly I don't know, since I don't own the game (yet anyway).

Usually disc 1 will be a "play" disc, or they will be labeled (or the manual will say, surely).

I just know that a lot of times a corrupt install (especially if your computer locked up during an installation process) can be fixed by Your Uninstaller. I know it was that way with Quake3 engine games like Jedi Academy.

If all else fails, try the official site's tech support (Yoda's Help Desk)... though Aspyr Media has a page that might be useful as well. The patches are supposed to fix mostly performance issues.

Archived