Home

transparent weapons, droids, items

mattig89ch

Howdy all, I'm currently playing K2. With the...um...completed restored content mod, and the telos/harbinger fix mod installed. I have no other mods installed.

Lately, I've been noticing that some of the effects are off, and some of the weapons are clear. For example, people who use steath feild generators don't cloak. they look like they have a stun stick effect around them. Also the blades of any bladed weapon are trans parent. You can only see their outlines. On top of that, I have a pair of...well...I dunno what they are, they go on your head and make your security and perception, and they are see through. Finally, the telos bot in citadel security is see through as well.

Howdy all, I'm currently playing K2. With the...um...completed restored content mod, and the telos/harbinger fix mod installed. I have no other mods installed.

Lately, I've been noticing that some of the effects are off, and some of the weapons are clear. For example, people who use steath feild generators don't cloak. they look like they have a stun stick effect around them. Also the blades of any bladed weapon are trans parent. You can only see their outlines. On top of that, I have a pair of...well...I dunno what they are, they go on your head and make your security and perception, and they are see through. Finally, the telos bot in citadel security is see through as well.

What's with the mamby-pambying around about the... um... completed restored mod?

Seems a little fishy, the way you say it. I wonder about whose restored content mod it is, and how complete it really is.

If you are talking about TSLCRM, these are not common problems with that mod installed AFAIK, and would only come up with a lot of competing .2da's.

Ulic's Peragus mod was made for TSLRP, but was never tested with it, and the makers of TSLCRM intended to insure compatibility between Ulic's mod and theirs, so that is an unlikely source of conflict.

You know these forums, mattig89ch. You know how to post in that mods TUCE thread, asking for help in the right place. If it exists... :carms:

Without some genuine information, good luck :thumbsup:

Let's see how the game is interacting with your hardware first:

Post your system specs

Sometimes we're just not going to be able to help you if we don't know what kind of hardware you have on your machine. If you don't know what you have on your machine, then follow these steps below:

• Bring up the launcher menu for Kotor 1 or 2.
  • Click on "Configure".
  • Click the "Scan Hardware" button on the lower center of the window.
  • Click "Yes" to continue.
  • Click "Details" to view your system specs.
  • Click "Save Report" and save the file to your desktop.
  • Whenever you post your problem, open the file you just saved and copy and paste the contents to your post.

the completed mod is DStoney's (Sith Lords restored content mod? not sure).

And I don't think I've ever posted in this area before, so I'm not quite sure what I'm doing.

Oh and the scanner doesn't work. Its gets about 90% of the way through then says it can't access something and quits.

My sys specs are:

Machine: Toshiba Satellite L455

Proc: Intel Celeraon 900 @ 2.20 GHz

RAM: 3.00 Gigs

Vid card: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M 128-1340MB dynamically shared

HD: SATA (5400 rpm) 250GB

the completed mod is DStoney's (Sith Lords restored content mod? not sure).

And I don't think I've ever posted in this area before, so I'm not quite sure what I'm doing.

Oh and the scanner doesn't work. Its gets about 90% of the way through then says it can't access something and quits.

My sys specs are:

Machine: Toshiba Satellite L455

Proc: Intel Celeraon 900 @ 2.20 GHz

RAM: 3.00 Gigs

Vid card: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M 128-1340MB dynamically shared

HD: SATA (5400 rpm) 250GB

That'll work. :)

First off, that failed hardware scan tells me that you need to reinstall the game according to the large-print instructions at the top of the second post in this thread.

Before you do, however; do you have access to your Intel graphics drivers control panel? If not, then you're going to want to install the latest drivers from the Intel website so that you do have access to it.

Incidentally, you could upgrade that single-core Celly 900 to a Pentium Dual-Core T4400 for ~$65. ;)

Well the TXI files are the "extra texture file" let's say that there is your item, you can see first the texture, but if you erase it, it will let you see the "extra texture", so for the swords for example it will be like shiny metal, without any TXI, there is nothing under the texture, so if you erase a little the texture, it will be transparent, and not shiny.

So it's just like if all your TXI were missing..? so reinstall the game seems a good solution to me

ah well, I managed to figure out why the test was failing. It doesn't like my on board vid card.

I'm re-installing the game with admin privilages, oh and one more thing that I do. I install the update on lucas arts' site, bring the game up to 1.0 b (I think).

edit: one other thing, ever time I install the peragus/harbinger mod it gives a single error: "Warning: Unable to find a field label matching "ScriptNotice" in c_drdastro003.utc, skipping..."

other then that it installs just fine.

2nd Edit: well that re-install didn't seem to do anything. Here I have a pic:

k2clear.png

If you look at the blade you can see its transparent

Are those instructions the ones that tell you how to get the kotor series working on vista?

Yes. Windows 7 is basically Vista 1.1, so you're going to want to reinstall the game following those instructions if you want it to run without any problems. The steps involve updating DirectX and include instructions for your Intel GPU. Do exactly what they tell you to do, in the order that they tell you to do it, and the game should run fine.

Yea...upgrading the proc is not an option.

I just thought that I'd throw that out there, because I recently performed a similar upgrade on my Toshiba laptop and it worked out great. Dual-core can be handy at times. :)

Hopefully everyone understands. It can be very hard to let go of something when you've put a lot of time, effort and hope into it. I think the lack of closure is what sucks the worst. :(

my apologies mattig89ch. i need to put out a torch......

What torch would that be? I'm serious, I have no idea what your talking about.

that being said, I followed all the directions...even excluding the official update from lucas arts. The game runs, I start to create my character, then I hit the start button and the game crashes.

Yes, I installed it with full admin privileges and ran it with xp sp2 compatibility, yes I ran it with admin privileges and with xp sp2 compatibility. Yes I tried it with and without the mods.

I managed to figure out that the only way this game runs is with that LA update.

I followed all the directions...even excluding the official update from lucas arts.

I managed to figure out that the only way this game runs is with that LA update.

Um, huh?

Patching the game is one of the steps in the instructions. :giveup:

Did you do the Dantooine lag fix in the .ini file and set the flipping policy to "blit" in your graphics drivers control panel?

Archived