Home

LucasCast: E3 2010 Special

Lynk Former

How did you like the E3 2010 Special of LucasCast?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. How did you like the E3 2010 Special of LucasCast?

• It was awesome!
    • I liked it.
    • It was okay.
    • Could've done better.
    • Ugh, sucked...

lucascast_threadtitle.png

e3-2010-banner.jpg

Welcome to the LucasCast E3 2010 Special. For this episode we're joined by special guests Jeff and Lynk Former along with regular cast member Jae Onasi who is hosting the show and the loveable acdcfanbill, played by acdcfanbill himself. No imitations.

Release date: 22 June 2010

Download page: http://www.lucascast.com/lucascast_episode-e3-2010/

Summary:

• Who won E3 2010? We decide which of the big three console companies, Microsoft, Nintendo or Sony had the best showing at this years expo.
  • We discuss the games and the overall potential of Microsoft's Kinect, Sony's PlayStation Move and Nintendo's 3DS, as well as discussing the pros and cons of each of the new hardware.
  • We also take some time to discuss which games we're most looking forward to from the show and go through some questions asked by members of the forum.
  • On the LucasArts front, we ask Jeff just what he saw behind the scenes regarding LA and what we all have to look forward to with The Force Unleashed II, The Old Republic and much more...

Extra information and resources:

Who won E3 2010?

• We each had differing opinions as to who had the best showing out of the big three console companies. If you're feeling brave you can read more about Lynk's opinion on the matter... reader beware: you may die of old age by the time you reach the end.

New hardware

Games of interest

LucasArts

Great work on this one. The most professionally delivered, gaming focused podcast yet.

Sounds like you're going to have a busy time Lynky! My favourite games all came out around at the same time recently (ME2/AC2 on pc). It was busy work :) I don't think I can properly do more than 2 games at once.

A couple of points to fill in some details on things discussed:

Crysis

*Crytek, creators of Crysis stated their main reason for taking CryEngine 2.0 into the console world was piracy.

*Crysis is a PITA to run, but at advanced settings and at high resolutions. There is a lot of room to tweak settings to make it work fine on mid end PCs outputting to a modest rez display (sub 16x12)

*The game isn't actually that good [iMO] Many liken it to the Oblivion of the FPS world....lovely to look at, not as lovely to play. It's enduring use has been as a benchmarking tool more than anything else.

802.11n

*The wireless adapter in the new x360 'trim' is 801.11g/n compliant. 802.11n is not compliant with 'g' hardware. The 'g' spectrum of the 360 network hardware is exactly the same as any other wireless 'g' hardware. Hence, it's more of a concurrent compatibility than a backwards one.

To utilise wireless 'n' you will need a wireless n router/access point in your home setup. It gives great speed at larger ranges, but the kit is on the pricier side. If you have a smallish place, and not too much clutter between the access point and the 360, wireless g would suit most people fine. Other options are powerline adapters via CAT5/ethernet for those that don't want to put a cable through the walls, or don't have a wireless access point in their home. If anyone reading this has any queries about wireless setups, feel free to ask for some pointers over at LFN Tech forum.

mtfbwya

I've listened it once, but probably got distracted when they talked about it. I would listen all again, but it's not like the podcast is 20min or something. If someone could point me out the time, I'll be greatly appreciated. (through PM if it's more acceptable)

I've listened it once, but probably got distracted when they talked about it. I would listen all again, but it's not like the podcast is 20min or something. If someone could point me out the time, I'll be greatly appreciated. (through PM if it's more acceptable)

We had questions scattered throughout the podcast, so unfortunately it's hard to nail it down. Most of the questions are in the last half of the podcast, if that helps.

@Astro--I learned something new--I thought wireless n could also do wireless b/g.

Thanks for the compliment on professionalism. We had so much info to cover it was very hard to decide what to cover and what to cut. I also had to work at _not_ getting every pause and 'uh' out of there--I just didn't have enough time to make it as perfect as possible and still get it released in a timely manner. Darth Groovy's also much faster with the one-liners than I am. :D

Rated "It was awesome," just for "I'm sorry Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."

:rofl:

The first time I heard him say that when I was editing, I had to stop the editing program to laugh.

It was refreshing to hear a podcast without my usual annoying nasal voice stinking up the joint. I thought the podcast was well executed. Props to Jae for filling my shoes and grandmaster of the chaos. Extra credit to Jae for cracking jokes through out the cast! :lol:

That being said, the work related drama has now officially come to an end, and I will be returning to my previous duties as "sadistic host" unless you guys like it better without the dapper zabrak! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived