Home

Crash Fix For Catalyst 10.5+

XycaleTh

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You type what he told you to into notepad, and name it what he told you to, then run it. Bat files are really fairly straight forward.

you could always open a command window and navigate to where atioglxx.dl_ is (jk2 folder if you put it there) and then run the expand command in the cmd window manually.

any idea why it won't work on MP but work on SP?

I can't remember correctly, but there was always only one CD right? Not two CDs for SP and MP. Also, I see a JK2SP config file, but not a MP one.

It will work for both SP/MP.

When a program tries to load a module/library (Such as a graphics driver), unless an absolute path is provided, it will first look in the 'current working directory' (ie: next to jamp.exe), then in the system root directory.

In short, you can just place (the 'expand'ed) "atioglxx.dll" next to jamp.exe and JA will run with the Catalyst 10.4 driver whilst other applications are free to use whatever the installed driver is (Which resides in the system root)

any idea why it won't work on MP but work on SP?

I can't remember correctly, but there was always only one CD right? Not two CDs for SP and MP. Also, I see a JK2SP config file, but not a MP one.

Yep, only one CD, also, the MP config file prob won't get created until jk2mp runs successfully for the first time i think. anyways, it's called jk2mpconfig.cfg if you want to create one, otherwise just put stuff in a file called autoexec.cfg and it will be run when jk2 starts no matter what.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

I followed all steps and I still get the crash. The difference is that the crash happens even before the loading screen is loaded and that the crash report ModName has now "atioglxx.dll" instead of "unknown" which I get otherwise.

I am running Catalyst 10.9.

Any advice?

Yep, only one CD, also, the MP config file prob won't get created until jk2mp runs successfully for the first time i think. anyways, it's called jk2mpconfig.cfg if you want to create one, otherwise just put stuff in a file called autoexec.cfg and it will be run when jk2 starts no matter what.

I'm not following ya.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/143598/jk2.png

Autoexec.cfg, jk2config.cfg, and jk2configmp.cfg are all teh SAME files, with different names obviously. I just made the files hoping MP would load.

With all of this, I'm still getting the force close error. Also, when I click ok on the error, my desktop colors are extremely bright...

Any ideas?

EDIT: I tried by naming it jk2mpconfig.cfg and it didn't work...

EDIT2: I just tried putting all those files in the base folder, still nothing...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey gang! Check out my fix here.

Tested on Windows XP x86 with a Radeon HD 3850 AGP running Catalyst 10.11 drivers, and on Windows 7 x64 with a Radeon HD 4870 PCIe running Catalyst 10.11 drivers. Both were a success! :)

I have Radeon HD 6870 on Win 7x64 Ultimate Running CAT 10.10e , without using any of the ati fixes because they didnt work for me.. i renamed my jk2mp.exe to quake3.exe and the game works perfectly. Go figure. enjoy if it works.. good luck..

• 4 weeks later...

I tried that a few days ago and got an error message saying "could not load OpenGl system blahblahsomething" :(. I´m screwed! I have to go to my old family PC with win XP to play this game. And a few games including this+ assaultcube and age of empires 2 are showing on a 4:3 screen format. Whatever it´s called :(

I tried that a few days ago and got an error message saying "could not load OpenGl system blahblahsomething" :(. I´m screwed! I have to go to my old family PC with win XP to play this game. And a few games including this+ assaultcube and age of empires 2 are showing on a 4:3 screen format. Whatever it´s called :(

In another forum thread, one person said that my fix didn't work but this one did --> http://www.filefront.com/17248996/atioglxx10_4.rar. Do you remember if you've tried this one?

Now it said "VM_Create on UI failed". When trying to launch multiplayer!! What to do now?? :( Always some errors.. *sigh*..

This is an older thread but check it out: http://forums.filefront.com/sw-jk3-problems-errors-help/304758-vm_create-ui-failed.html

I Googled VM_Create on UI failed and came up with quite a few links. Evidently you're not the only one who has run into this.

COOL!! IT WORKS!!!!! I put a dll file to the base folder which is needeed to fix the crash and then RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR and then it works. But it´s showing on a 4:3 screen ratio whatever it´s called agsin. How do I fix that? But at least I can play the game now. Wohoo!!! :D :D

HOW CAN I PLAY MY GAMES ON FULLSCREEN?? IT HAS BLACK BARS ON BOTH SIDE OF THE SCREEN! How do I fix it? My other games have black bars too. I have a 15" laptop with ATI Mobility Radeon graphics card. And my brother can play games with his laptop on fullscreen just fine. He had this issue before too but it took like 2 minutes and then he fixed it. And I CAN´T PLAY ON FULLSCREEN WTF?? And my brother had an option to make it fullscreen which I haven´t. And I think I have it I don´t know maybe it´s hidden somewhere pls, HELP!!!

I have tried this fix but it doesn't work, i still can't get past the first screen. I did have a problem though, I can't open atifix.bat. The Command Prompt disappears right away and when I try to write the code directly into the Command Prompt it says that it can't open it.

I got a ATI Mobility HD 3400 Series (Catalyst 10.12). Vista 32-bits.

The game worked on another Vista-computer so it has to bee the graphic card.

HOW CAN I PLAY MY GAMES ON FULLSCREEN?? IT HAS BLACK BARS ON BOTH SIDE OF THE SCREEN! How do I fix it? My other games have black bars too. I have a 15" laptop with ATI Mobility Radeon graphics card. And my brother can play games with his laptop on fullscreen just fine. He had this issue before too but it took like 2 minutes and then he fixed it. And I CAN´T PLAY ON FULLSCREEN WTF?? And my brother had an option to make it fullscreen which I haven´t. And I think I have it I don´t know maybe it´s hidden somewhere pls, HELP!!!

Have you considered actually reading the thread you have posted in?

Look back a page, I am pretty certain acdcfanbill gave explicit and simple instructions for playing the game in a 16:9 ratio.

:twocents:

if it doesnt list 16:9 rez for you to choose from, you can set the resolution manually using hte console (shift + ~) using these commands one at a time.

r_mode -1

r_customwidth 1280

r_customheight 720

vid_restart

you can use w/e rez you want, i just chose a common 16:9 one.

In addition, you can create an autoexec.cfg file in your base folder which will force settings when you launch the game. Go to http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1614635 and check post #8

Archived