Home

Why I won't be playing TOR.

1) paying for TOR is like buying 8+ games at once. So at 240 per year it's actually a bargain.

If you are willing to give that money, if you are sure one game will keep you interested for that long and if you are willing to postpone or completely forgo buying any other games during that year.

2) Well you'll be happy to learn that TOR is supposedly going away from the "kill 10 rats" quests. There shouldn't be any quests that don't feel heroic.

Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully you'll turn out to be right about this one.

3) According to BioWare they have made MANY statements that this is a STORY DRIVEN MMO. So this one is not a reason not to play TOR(as of yet. who knows if it will pan out).

Heh, WoW was also supposed to be a story-driven MMO, but the question is how interesting will that story be. It doesn't have to be grand, or epic, but it does have to be interesting.

4) Jedi fashion would not be expected to change much. I mean they're like monks. As far as I've seen, monks still have the same clothing style as a long time ago.

If you take a look at KoTOR 1, the Jedi clothing was completely different from what we saw in the movies, but in KoTOR 2 which happened only a few years later, the Jedi are wearing robes that are visually identical to those from the movies. From what I've seen in various TOR clips, Bioware decided not to be original in this regard as they were in KoTOR 1.

From what I've seen in various TOR clips, Bioware decided not to be original in this regard as they were in KoTOR 1.

Maybe for the consulars, but when it come to the jedi knights, it's just a reskin of the jedi generals in the clone wars...

And also, in TSL, the jedi master robes, etc had a different model, and looked different that the robes in the movies.

And that for me is a big problem, because in TOR, there are not only the jedi, the republic troopers, just look as a new clone variant (it could have perfectly fit into battlefront 2), the sith troopers, they look as a mix of the clone troopers, and Darth Vader.

The Bounty Hunters with the Helmet, looks as a merge of a movie style mandalorian, with the kotor War droids.

etc etc...

If you are willing to give that money, if you are sure one game will keep you interested for that long and if you are willing to postpone or completely forgo buying any other games during that year.

Meh if I get bored, I stop paying the monthly fee. so technically if I payed 60 for the game, and played for 2 months, I got 8 games for $75. Even more of a bargain.

Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully you'll turn out to be right about this one.

Oh I don't pretend that I know for a fact. It's entirely possible that Bioware is just relabeling the "kill 10 rats" "Kill 10 Acklays"

Heh, WoW was also supposed to be a story-driven MMO, but the question is how interesting will that story be. It doesn't have to be grand, or epic, but it does have to be interesting.

Mah. Bioware is known for their stories. Blizzard stories... I think most of those were in cut scenes. We'll have to see when it comes out. There may be more story than ever before in an MMO. There could be lasting effects. For instance, we have no idea what other repercussions there might be for killing the Captain.

If you take a look at KoTOR 1, the Jedi clothing was completely different from what we saw in the movies, but in KoTOR 2 which happened only a few years later, the Jedi are wearing robes that are visually identical to those from the movies. From what I've seen in various TOR clips, Bioware decided not to be original in this regard as they were in KoTOR 1.

Well looking at the few shots of clothing, we have some Jedi fashion changes. And honestly... the armor on Jedi is different anyway.

Archived