Home

Kotor on laptop

Ser'eck

I have read the Sticky topic by Jae and to be honest I am not that completely savvy on the technical side of computers. My computer is getting old and I don't want to download or do something that will "fry" my computer.

Pretty much the game runs extremely slow. I have tried shutting off all the graphic options in game and lowering most other settings. I have tried running the game in 800x600 resolution. I have also shut off all the programs running in the background as well as anti-virus and firewall.

Is there something I can do to get it running better? I won't mind if the game crashes from time to time, there's a save button that can help against that!

Here are my specs.

Compaq Presario V2000

Mobile AMD Sempron

Processor 3000+

1.79 GHz, 384 MB of RAM

Operating System Windows XP Home Edition

Not sure about the graphics card.:confused:

Your RAM is barely scraping past the minimum requirements. I'd suggest upgrading that to 512MB (or higher if possible). Not only would it help KotOR run faster, but anything else you run as well.

As for downloading things from here, as long as it's in a post made by a mod or it's part of one of the fixes in the stickies, I'd say there's a 99.99% chance that it's safe, so don't worry about downloading it. I've downloaded probably 9/10 of it myself trying to get KotOR to work and nothing's happened to my system yet.

I've run KotOR with 256MB of RAM, so it's possible. I doubt that you'd want to spend money on upgrading a laptop that old. Let's see what else you've got:

Post your system specs

Sometimes we're just not going to be able to help you if we don't know what kind of hardware you have on your machine. If you don't know what you have on your machine, then follow these steps below:

• Bring up the launcher menu for Kotor 1 or 2.
  • Click on "Configure".
  • Click the "Scan Hardware" button on the lower center of the window.
  • Click "Yes" to continue.
  • Click "Details" to view your system specs.
  • Click "Save Report" and save the file to your desktop.
  • Whenever you post your problem, open the file you just saved and copy and paste the contents to your post.

Archived