Home

Editing swkotor.ini??

bryzz

I read the tutorial on taking screen shots i changed the swkotor.ini file and double checked to make sure that i did save it with the .ini extension and when i take screenshot by hitting print screen key and paste it into mspaint i just get a black picture

also when i change the file to enable cheats it doesnt work.

"Compatibility Files" are files that Win7 keeps separated for progs that are installed in compatibility mode. This has not come up for me as problem before, so make sure you followed the proper installation routine for Vista/7. You can find it in the Workbench or in the Community Discussion area.

Console will not work in Vista/7 :( At least as far as I am aware... hasn't worked for me yet.

As for screenshotting, the regular print screen button, with game installed on Win7, works as it should in my experience, sending ss's to the game's main directory. I don't use MSPaint, rather Paint.net or PS... it may be that MSpaint cannot open/read a .tga file?

• 2 months later...

I have been trying to get my console to work and so far I can't. I've got an ASUS laptop running Windows 7 64 bit and I downloaded the game from Direct2Drive. All the same files are there. I did the whole EnableCheats=1 thing, I've tried re-installing the game, and I've tried all the various different key combinations. I cannot get the console to appear.

I know it's supposed to be small, and I even though maybe it was invisible, so I'd hit the key for it and type, and of course it would just register whatever commands the keys were bound to.

I've tried all the different variations of text in the .ini file "EnableCheats=1" "Enable Cheats=1" "EnableConsole=1" "Enable Console=1" and I'm tired of it. I've played this game so many times and I want to play it again, just a little faster this time.

Can anyone helps me?

I have been trying to get my console to work and so far I can't. I've got an ASUS laptop running Windows 7 64 bit and I downloaded the game from Direct2Drive. All the same files are there. I did the whole EnableCheats=1 thing, I've tried re-installing the game, and I've tried all the various different key combinations. I cannot get the console to appear.

I know it's supposed to be small, and I even though maybe it was invisible, so I'd hit the key for it and type, and of course it would just register whatever commands the keys were bound to.

I've tried all the different variations of text in the .ini file "EnableCheats=1" "Enable Cheats=1" "EnableConsole=1" "Enable Console=1" and I'm tired of it. I've played this game so many times and I want to play it again, just a little faster this time.

Can anyone helps me?

It should go under "Game Options", and look like this (without the quotes, obviously) "EnableCheats=1". For K1, you just get something like this in the upper left corner of the screen(might help to see if you disable the minimap):

>_

Archived