Home

Monkey Island 2 - Special Edition

Benny

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I gave it a quick test and it all seemed to. Which bits dont match?

Well, for instance. File 00000000.wav plays "To Elaine Marley!" Comparing against the speech.info file that should be either ZUL_55_entryway_16_26 or POT_55_entryway_17_1. The match in the spreadsheet says it's ZUL_55_entryway_69_2. The second entry in the spreadsheet says ANT_48_antique_1_2 whose text in the speech.info file is "I only sell the finest of pirate memorabilia"

but the 00000001.wav plays "To this great party!"

Or did my file numbering get totally jacked somehow in the conversion?

i have done nothing

i am not sure what to do or where to start

Look for bgbennyboy's earlier post for his Wavebank Extractor. Extract the zip in the audio file in the MI2SE folder and literally drag the file speech.xwb onto DECODE_AUDIO.cmd. It will take some time, but eventually you will have wav files of all the dialogue in the Decoded folder.

Use bgbennyboy's spreadsheet to match each line.

Note that some have been changed, removed etc. Also remember that will be a very time consuming process. Best of luck.

I haven't tested the Monkey Island explorer 0.3 yet, but is it possible to get the 3D models of Guybrush or LeChuck out as well? What format is it? Is it packed in different format or can be opened in any 3D programs? Is it possible to get their textures too?

I haven't tested the Monkey Island explorer 0.3 yet, but is it possible to get the 3D models of Guybrush or LeChuck out as well? What format is it? Is it packed in different format or can be opened in any 3D programs? Is it possible to get their textures too?

There are no 3d models included in the game. What you are seeing are pictures of 3d models.

Well, for instance. File 00000000.wav plays "To Elaine Marley!" Comparing against the speech.info file that should be either ZUL_55_entryway_16_26 or POT_55_entryway_17_1. The match in the spreadsheet says it's ZUL_55_entryway_69_2. The second entry in the spreadsheet says ANT_48_antique_1_2 whose text in the speech.info file is "I only sell the finest of pirate memorabilia"

but the 00000001.wav plays "To this great party!"

Or did my file numbering get totally jacked somehow in the conversion?

It sounds like I probably messed up with the speech. I'll have a look at it.

It sounds like I probably messed up with the speech. I'll have a look at it.

I think I have it figured out, but I don't see how to attach the spreadsheet to my post here. I also have xsb files with just the cue names in the proper order to use with the -b switch in the program you posted in order to name them properly as they are extracted from the wavebank file. For just the speech and commentary at the moment, working on the rest.

Zip it up and in advanced view go to 'manage attachments' or failing that send it me.

What methodology did you use to match them up? I had just assumed that the cue names from the soundbank would match those in the wavebank, like in MusicNew.

In the soundbank file there are 128 bytes for storing the name of the soundbank and wavebank. Directly following that are indexes of the the cues in the soundbank. The order of indexes, starting at 0, is the same for the order of cues at the end of the file. At the end of each index the last 3 bytes indicate the position in the wavebank where that cue resides. In the speech soundbank all of the indexes are 19 bytes long except for the 0th, 6514th, and 6515th. Those 3 are 12 bytes long.

So, for instance the first (0) index ends in 42 02 00. The first (0) name in the cue list is ZUL_55_entryway_69_2. So the position of of that cue in the wavebank is 578. Again counting from zero. And so on and so forth through all 7157 cues.

It works the same for the commentary sound file except all the indexes in that file are all 12 bytes long. The music files seem to have multiples cues for the same sound, so those are giving me a little bit of trouble.

And I don't see a manage attachments option, maybe I don't have those privileges yet? Anyway I'll send you directly the spreadsheet.

I've got a tool ready for re-encoding the DDS files back to DXT. The only thing holding it up now is the gzip settings.

Right now the files I produce are smaller than the original files, I assume this is a memory/compression tradeoff though, so I'm trying to make them the same (larger) size as they are originally.

I'm currently fiddling with WindowBits and CompressionLevel settings to try and find the magic combination.

Sorted it. :)

I couldn't get the compression identical to the original files, the closest I could get was by setting the windowbits to -8, the memlevel to 1 and using the fastest compression preset. I could've made the GZip'ed files for MI2 much smaller but I assume that the game has the larger filesizes for a reason - possibly a tradeoff for less memory needed for decompression.

Also - SKA-T - I've got your email, I'll post your stuff up tomorrow :)

Here are SKA-T's revised MI2 sound mappings.

I'll update the music dumper soon.

Thanks for putting that up. I should have an updated list with the matching dialog by the end of the day. It'll be a little easier to see than digging through the speech.info file if someone needs a quick reference.

I've got a tool ready for re-encoding the DDS files back to DXT. The only thing holding it up now is the gzip settings.

Right now the files I produce are smaller than the original files, I assume this is a memory/compression tradeoff though, so I'm trying to make them the same (larger) size as they are originally.

I'm currently fiddling with WindowBits and CompressionLevel settings to try and find the magic combination.

If you finished it, please put it. I wish to use dds to DXT converter.

And I'm looking for fonts:

(Font for episode titles)

logo_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

and Phatt Island logo

phatt_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Guys, can somebody upload all music from MI1:SE and MI2:SE as mp3 somewhere, so we can download it?? appreciated

Audacity is a free program and it will encode the wav files to just about any format that you want.

Archived